Old 10-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #2146
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post

Winning 2 rounds over the course of a bout, is that what you said? When did championship bouts become 6 round affairs? The fact is durability is part of boxing whether you like it or not. And the FACT is Vittles wasn't durable enough to beat either Byrd or Lewis when they fough and he obviously wasn't durable enough to fight Rahman at all.

By the way.....Fat, old Lewis looked pretty convincing in the 5th and 6th rounds when he was battering Vittles and making him hold on for dear life, didn't he?

Funny how it's ok for Vits not to rematch when he quits, but it's not ok for Lewis not to retire when he wins. Double standards!!

How do you not realize that Vitali absolutely destroyed Byrd in the fight? If you win 1 out of 9 rounds, it means you got the ****ing shit beat out of you. No, Byrd did not cause a shoulder injury. Vitali is known to be injury prone and had the same exact problem in the Chisora fight where after he damaged it he couldn't throw accurate shots. Vitali simply got injured and then started missing more shots because he only had 1 effective arm to work with. The fact is that before the injury Vitali was hitting him often and without that injury Byrd would have been KTFO'd by the end of the fight.

The fans didn't realize the severity of the injury and didn't know that Vitali was battling with 1 effective arm. A rematch would not have been huge because

1. It wasn't for the belt
2. The injury was why Vitali lost
3. Vitali won 8/9 rounds
4. The weaker brother won by a decision

You don't rematch a fighter that got their ass kicked and won by an injury. A 1 armed Vitali battered Byrd, the fight won't sell to the people that don't want to see the same happen minus the injury.

I don't understand the amount of stupidity in your next quote. How does the definition of "hypocritical" apply when stating that retiring because of a injury that prevents someone from fighting compared to retiring because of being afraid of another fighter?

But then you reached a new level of stupidity in your post. How do injuries have to deal with durability? And talking about durability, it was Lewis himself who was collapsing on the stool with no energy at all. Anyone who forgets that Vitali was already dominating him before that also doesn't remember that Lewis was totally degraded by the end of the fight and was hanging onto dear life. It was Lewis who wasn't durable.
Meow is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #2147
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFelix View Post
Who the **** is this meow piece of shit.

****ing cunt kangaroo looking mother fuker.

Listen to you riding Vitali's nuts.

I bet the last time you seen a vagina was when your mom popped your worthless body out.
This may represent the average intelligence of anyone that believes that Lewis would have won the fight that night.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #2148
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Vitali dominated Byrd? Laughable, he did not connect with many punches. Byrd caused the injury and legal TKO win for Chris Byrd.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #2149
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
This may represent the average intelligence of anyone that believes that Lewis would have won the fight that night.
Let me get this straight.

You are questioning the intelligence of somebody that thinks Lewis WOULD have won a fight he ACTUALLY WON.
thesandman is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #2150
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90

Quote:
Vitali never fought Rahman because of severe injuries. The fact is that if anyone actually believes Rahman had a chance against Vitali is seriously laughable. Almost as laughable as thinking that Byrd could win by KO/Decision. When Vitali came back from his hiatus Rahman wasn't even considered anywhere near top 10 in the division so it shows you how much Vitali was "ducking" Rahman
As you have pointed out, and I agree with you BTW, Vitaly retired rather than fight Rahman

And didn't come back until Rahman was shot.

That's the very definition of ducking.
Quote:
So after reaching your bullshit excuses against Vitali I now still find it hilarious that you call it a "legitimate win". Of course any type of win that is declared a win by a boxing commission is by definition, "legitimate". However, it was not convincing at all and everyone quickly realized Lewis won by the factor called luck. Winning 2 rounds over the course of a bout and then winning by cuts is literally the most unconvincing type of win I've ever seen. That's along with the fact that the "winner" was hit with more punches, power punches, and almost KD'D 3 times! Thus, people want a rematch because Lewis won't win every bout by cuts. Lewis realized it wouldn't happened again and refused a career payday against an opponent he never convincingly beat.
The course of the bout? 2 of 6 is more accurate, but doesn't sound as good does it?
A boxing commission didn't rule on this fight. The doctor and referee did.

So you're saying, Lewis got hit more than Vitali, and landed less shots.
But still opened 3 large cuts, and damaged Vitaly with his fists to such a point he couldn't continue. Which I think is the point of boxing.

I'm coming around to you.

Not only do you make a great point about the ducking if Rahman, but you think Lewis hits harder, and has more punch resistance.

And I'm not sure, but what's a near knockdown?
Is that like nearly winning?

You can say what you like sbout Vitaly landing more shots. But look what price he paid for it. Part of boxing is about limiting the damage the opponent does to you too.
Vitaly didn't take of that. After 3 rounds Lewis didn't have to. Vitaly couldn't hurt him after that. It was like watching a taller heavier Mavrovic against Lewis.
Of course, Zelko could go 12 though
thesandman is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #2151
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post
Vitali dominated Byrd? Laughable, he did not connect with many punches. Byrd caused the injury and legal TKO win for Chris Byrd.
Nobody can cause a shoulder injury. Again, Vitali is extremely injury prone and has been injured multiple times. Vitali received the same injury against Chisora (although it was less severe) so he has always had problems with that arm. Winning nearly every round is domination. Byrd could never win more than 1 round against Vitali and would never KO/TKO him so it is laughable to even say that he deserved a rematch. Vitali made Byrd look like a clown with 1 arm, imagine with 2.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #2152
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
Let me get this straight.

You are questioning the intelligence of somebody that thinks Lewis WOULD have won a fight he ACTUALLY WON.
You are actually using the worst argument I've ever seen. The fact is that the fight would have never been stopped if the doctor did not stop it. The stoppage of the fight was no where near the regular KO/Decision and that's just plainly obvious because Lewis didn't ever hurt Vitali once and was getting dominated. And if the doctor did not stop it Vitali would have beat Lewis down and stopped him in the 7th/8th classic Vitali style.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #2153
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
As you have pointed out, and I agree with you BTW, Vitaly retired rather than fight Rahman

And didn't come back until Rahman was shot.

That's the very definition of ducking.

The course of the bout? 2 of 6 is more accurate, but doesn't sound as good does it?
A boxing commission didn't rule on this fight. The doctor and referee did.

So you're saying, Lewis got hit more than Vitali, and landed less shots.
But still opened 3 large cuts, and damaged Vitaly with his fists to such a point he couldn't continue. Which I think is the point of boxing.

I'm coming around to you.

Not only do you make a great point about the ducking if Rahman, but you think Lewis hits harder, and has more punch resistance.

And I'm not sure, but what's a near knockdown?
Is that like nearly winning?

You can say what you like sbout Vitaly landing more shots. But look what price he paid for it. Part of boxing is about limiting the damage the opponent does to you too.
Vitaly didn't take of that. After 3 rounds Lewis didn't have to. Vitaly couldn't hurt him after that. It was like watching a taller heavier Mavrovic against Lewis.
Of course, Zelko could go 12 though

No, you have the wrong definition of ducking. Ducking is legitimately trying to hide from an opponent without anything hindering the fight. Thus, if there is ever a money issue or more importantly a injury issue it is not ducking at all. Rahman wasn't shot in 2 years, Rahman was a shitty fighter. It's not ducking over injuries, and if a fighter can't stay in the top 10 after a simple 2 years then it means he never deserved a shot against one of the best. Lewis, by contrast, ducked Vitali.

Lewis did not stop Vitali. Again, you're use of definitions of words to make your arguments are completely poor. I understand why you continue to do so because you have a poor amount of evidence. You're just dealing with the fact that only a doctor stopped the fight and Lewis himself got the shit pounded out of him. Vitali's punches did a huge amount of damage because they almost put Lewis on his ass 3x.

Lewis had a pathetic performance in reality. Vitali never knocks his opponents out in the early rounds because he's not an explosive puncher but the accumulation always set in at the 2nd half of the fight. Yet, Lewis was almost floored 3x in the first 6. I can't imagine the second half where Vitali always gets stronger and goes for the kill. Lewis never hurt Vitali once throughout the entire fight too, so it shows that the real result without the doctor stopping it was plainly obvious.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #2154
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
How do you not realize that Vitali absolutely destroyed Byrd in the fight? If you win 1 out of 9 rounds, it means you got the ****ing shit beat out of you. No, Byrd did not cause a shoulder injury. Vitali is known to be injury prone and had the same exact problem in the Chisora fight where after he damaged it he couldn't throw accurate shots. Vitali simply got injured and then started missing more shots because he only had 1 effective arm to work with. The fact is that before the injury Vitali was hitting him often and without that injury Byrd would have been KTFO'd by the end of the fight.

The fans didn't realize the severity of the injury and didn't know that Vitali was battling with 1 effective arm. A rematch would not have been huge because

1. It wasn't for the belt
2. The injury was why Vitali lost
3. Vitali won 8/9 rounds
4. The weaker brother won by a decision

You don't rematch a fighter that got their ass kicked and won by an injury. A 1 armed Vitali battered Byrd, the fight won't sell to the people that don't want to see the same happen minus the injury.

I don't understand the amount of stupidity in your next quote. How does the definition of "hypocritical" apply when stating that retiring because of a injury that prevents someone from fighting compared to retiring because of being afraid of another fighter?

But then you reached a new level of stupidity in your post. How do injuries have to deal with durability? And talking about durability, it was Lewis himself who was collapsing on the stool with no energy at all. Anyone who forgets that Vitali was already dominating him before that also doesn't remember that Lewis was totally degraded by the end of the fight and was hanging onto dear life. It was Lewis who wasn't durable.
First off, if you're injury prone you're OBVIOUSLY not durable. Second, a rematch would have been for that belt but Vittles had his brother handle what he couldn't. There is no excuse since he fought only a month after Byrd-Wlad. Third, the majority of rounds were close. Just because Vits one the majority doesn't change that. Fourth, Vittles did not win 8 of 9 rounds on the cards so you're either lying or are clueless. Fifth, it doesn't matter who was perceived as better. We all know Wlad is the far greater fighter. Most of all though its styles that make fights and Vits had a much harder time even before the injury occurred in the seventh round than his brother did.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #2155
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You are actually using the worst argument I've ever seen. The fact is that the fight would have never been stopped if the doctor did not stop it. The stoppage of the fight was no where near the regular KO/Decision and that's just plainly obvious because Lewis didn't ever hurt Vitali once and was getting dominated. And if the doctor did not stop it Vitali would have beat Lewis down and stopped him in the 7th/8th classic Vitali style.
You're the classic, delusional nuthugger who tries to rewrite history to suit his agenda. That's just sad kitty.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #2156
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
You're the classic, delusional nuthugger who tries to rewrite history to suit his agenda. That's just sad kitty.
He kind of is.
Lewis came back very strong. (thank Steward)
On outside Lewis had no chance, Steward "ordered" him to fight more on the inside, and chin checked Vitali.

But the "winner" writes history, and the history will be in big favour of Vitali and his Lewis loss. Besides Americans and Brits, Vitali isn't seeing hate anywhere and the loss is seen (by Klithuggers and a lot of casuals) as inconclusive or even as a win for Vitali. (This isn't meant to be pro Vitali but is something I'm seeing right now. Lewis is seen as the loser of the fight by a lot of people.(And Lewis wasn't the loser))

I think Lewis won the fight fair enough, for a big underdog Vitali did nice.

What Vitali did was showing that Lewis could be outfighted on the outside, and that Lewis can come back extremely strong with a new strategy (thanks Steward)

Edit:Kind of said the same thing twice...
Vitali showed iron chin and good outside work.
Lewis showed how quick he can adapt and turn the fight in his favour, proving once again he might have been the greatest of them all.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #2157
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Hey ESB

TKO6

Ciao

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjbAyQU2W-E[/ame]

MVC is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #2158
Todd498
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bottom line... yes Lewis won. Cuts are a part of boxing and that one above his eye was BAD. BUT, there should have been a rematch. Lewis won on a CUT. Vitali gave him all he could handle for 6 rounds and landed more shots. Lewis should have gave Vitali, and what pretty much every boxing fan wanted, a well deserved rematch.

"He couldn't beat me at my worst. How could he at my best." Ok Lennox, well train up for 3-4 months and blow him out of the water with ease then while giving all the boxing fans what they were craving! I mean easy payday right?! He was only able to walk through your punches because... your power wasn't there either that night right? He was title fight ready and you weren't. He was training for a 10 rounder with... I forgot his name, and you had a fight coming with Kirk Johnson. YOU only had 2 weeks notice and Vitali, well, he always had that abilty to look into the future. So knowing that Kirk would pull out, he was training for you the whole time right?
Todd498 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #2159
rapscalion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

But actually, it's more sohis nuthuggers in here that need to change their tampons.
rapscalion is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #2160
jaymon112
MARVELOUS
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd498 View Post
Bottom line... yes Lewis won. Cuts are a part of boxing and that one above his eye was BAD. BUT, there should have been a rematch. Lewis won on a CUT. Vitali gave him all he could handle for 6 rounds and landed more shots. Lewis should have gave Vitali, and what pretty much every boxing fan wanted, a well deserved rematch.

There was more than one cut though; The one above the eye from a glancing blow that that tore the skin, One underneath in the eye and a cut inside his mouth from the huge uppercut in the sixth. Vitali was very weak on the inside and therefore payed for it.
jaymon112 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum