Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: TKO6
True 527 80.21%
False 130 19.79%
Voters: 657. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #2176
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
No, a rematch would not have been for the belt. Byrd picked Wlad to face him instead of a rematch with Vitali. It wasn't Vitali's choice for Wlad to jump in and fight the match.
Really? Can you provide any proof or links that back this up? Because I can provide proof that the Klits fgorce rematch clauses on fighters with no leverage with and or the other brother. If Vits wanted this rematch he could have gotten it at ANY time. Byrd losing to Wlad has no bearing on redeeming yourself after quitting.

Quote:
The majority of the rounds weren't close. Byrd simply was not landing which is absolutely pathetic because Vitali was only 1 arming the fight. Any good HW could have beat the 1 armed Vitali that night and instead Vitali won 8/9 rounds.
Vittles average landed punches per round was 14, Byrds was 13. Vits was landing at 26%, Byrd at 44%. This in turn means (to anyone with common sense) that the rounds were close. And don't be trying to suggest how any other fighter would do against a one arm quitter because you simply have no way of knowing.

Quote:
Lastly, you don't even know what round the injury actually occurred. It happened in the 4th round, in which Vitali was absolutely killing Byrd up to that point.
I could have sworn Vits said it happened in the seventh, but I can't find it. What I do know for a fact is he was still throwing it long after the 4th and right up till the end of the 9th round. I also know team Klitschko never mentioned any injury during the fight till the end of the 8th.


Show me where there is any mention in the fight by team Klit that there was an injury during the fight in the 4th round.....I'll wait. and again you're trying to suit your own agenda by trying to say Vits was "killing Byrd up till that point". Vits was landing an average of about 4 more punches a round thru 4 and had LESS than a 25% connect rate. Does that really sound like he was "killing him", especially given he was 35lbs heavier, 8 inces taller, and Byrd took the fight on ten days notice? Because while it looked like he was winning by landing the harder punches, Byrd was still very much in it by making him miss so often.

Quote:

Discrediting an injury is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen, and the fact is that there is no proof at all that Byrd could win without the shoulder injury. Absolutely none. If there is, I'd like to hear it besides the bullshit excuses you've been giving. Basically, Vitali destroys Byrd any day of the week and it's absolutely insane to believe otherwise.
Im not discrediting the injury, Im saying its a weak excuse you're trying to put forth as a reason Vittles didn't rematch. And if Vitty "destroys Byrd any day of the week" than why didn't he do it when they fought the first time? Oh thats right, he hurt his arm missing punches. Ok, so why didn't he rematch and do it? Oh thats right, its ok not to rematch if you lose a fight by injury and your little brother beats the guy for you.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #2177
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
LOL that is seen with the most incredible bias I've ever seen. Steward didn't do shit to influence the fight. Vitali was the one who made it a brawl in the 2nd round when he almost sent to the Lewis to the canvas 2x. The fact is that Lewis was totally gassed by the end of the 6th and he would have went down on the sheer accumulation of punches he already sustained.

And YES, Vitali could have made it that far if it wasn't for the judgement of the ring doctor. Put in another doctor that lets the fight continue and it's a whole different game. If it wasn't for the judgment of one man, Vitali would have simply won the fight. His gameplan was working to a T, he made it a brawl at the beginning because he knew he would outbox Lewis anyway and then either finish him early (which would be nice but was pretty hard) or put him away easily at the end.

Vitali was in much better shape and if anyone believes that Lewis would have taken over the fight in the 2nd half simply disregards the shape Lewis was in and the way Vitali already outboxed him in the 1st half where Lewis used all of his gas in the tank.
This is excellent! So now you're admitting Lewis was in piss poor shape and STILL won the fight, but using conjecture to say he would have lost if it went on? You nuthuggers are a funny bunch!
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #2178
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Tko 6!
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #2179
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 90
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

If the ring doctor from the Vitali v Char fight had been there, we'd be calling this TKO3.
How's Charrs rematch coming along?

I see injuries don't count either?

So, why no Solis rematch?


Your argument saying grinding Lewis down was working great, apart from the fact Lewis wore Vitaly down quicker is illogical.

It's like me saying Lewis' plan to stop McCall was working out great until he got stopped. Hey, it was the ref that stopped it, he wasn't counted out.
So that doesn't count. And he'd won every single round until then.


(And before you launch into a tirade of "YES BUT MCCALL GAVE HIM A REMATCH" let me say this.
No, Don King did. He had an option of which fighter to match up with Lewis. He picked McCall because he thought Lewis wouldn't want to face him again.
And it was something like 4 years later.)
thesandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:24 AM   #2180
Rdc4444
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
Because prior to the point when this thread was a sticky, the General Forum was cluttered with multiple threads devoted to this particular fight. Now, there's one thread devoted to discussion of what took place that evening, rather than an endless series of threads that one would otherwise have to sift through in order to find threads devoted to those other controversial fights you mentioned.

Pretty sound rationale, really. If you're unable to grasp it, then that's your problem...not the rest of this Forum.

Wow really sounds rationale...im an ididot...lets hold on to the past and keep talking about a fight with numerous threads from 10 years ago. Thank god for this sticky otherwise idiots like u would still be talking about this fight in numerous threads..lol. thank god there is only one sticky
thank u for putting me in my place. patsch
Rdc4444 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #2181
Rdc4444
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Lewis never rematched vitali because he was scared
Rdc4444 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #2182
Rdc4444
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Thumbs up Re: T.K.O. in 6

There were numerous threads on pac vs mayweather and drug testing....lets make one master sticky..lol...
Rdc4444 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:36 AM   #2183
Rdc4444
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Who is the champion now?.. lewis refused a rematch while vitali is still kicking all young challengers ass even though he is an old man at 40+ years of age
Rdc4444 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #2184
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdc4444 View Post
Lewis never rematched vitali because he was scared
TKO6. U mad?
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #2185
elgoadie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Devon, UK
Posts: 153
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

The square root of pi is TKO6...
elgoadie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #2186
elgoadie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Devon, UK
Posts: 153
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

If Lennox had shown up for the rematch, he would've added some butt-rape sausage to that pizza he made of Vitali's face...
elgoadie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #2187
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: "...The Land of Dixon and Langford..."
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 3930
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdc4444 View Post
...im an ididot..l
I think you were trying to state that you were an idiot, and given how epic this fail is, that certainly appears to be the case.

TKO 6
Drew101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #2188
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdc4444 View Post
Who is the champion now?.. lewis refused a rematch while vitali is still kicking all young challengers ass even though he is an old man at 40+ years of age
Vitaly isn't champion and hasn't been in 8 years. When he was he only had one defense against the immortal Danny Williams. The fact is, Vittles has never beaten the best fighter in the division and refused to rematch a tiny fighter he quit against. As far as who he's fighting now....lol, only a nuthugger would be proud of that. He's fighting in the worst era ever and is still fighting cans. OH JOY!!!
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #2189
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdc4444 View Post
Wow really sounds rationale...im an ididot...lets hold on to the past and keep talking about a fight with numerous threads from 10 years ago. Thank god for this sticky otherwise idiots like u would still be talking about this fight in numerous threads..lol. thank god there is only one sticky
thank u for putting me in my place. patsch
Do you need a tissue?
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #2190
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 1171
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Man, this thread has totally soaked up all conversation about TKO6 in the General. Great job, IB. Also, you should quote that idiot who called this thread an insult to Ukrainian people in the OP.
Faerun is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013