View Poll Results: TKO6
True 527 80.21%
False 130 19.79%
Voters: 657. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #2221
aduriz

vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

grown men arguing in a childish manner about an ancient fight every single day , on every boxing forum , for the last 6 years .

get a life people , get a girlfriend , get a hobby .... it's getting morbidly sad .

i'm pretty sure vitali and lewis forgot all about this fight, maybe you should too
aduriz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #2222
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by aduriz View Post
grown men arguing in a childish manner about an ancient fight every single day , on every boxing forum , for the last 6 years .

get a life people , get a girlfriend , get a hobby .... it's getting morbidly sad .

i'm pretty sure vitali and lewis forgot all about this fight, maybe you should too
Well aren't you about an uppity little **** hole.

Are you gonna stop by every other thread on the main page to tell the grown folks not to argue, or is it just something about Vitalys face lookin' like he tried to French kiss a lawn mower that got your panties all in a wad?

TKO 6
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #2223
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90

Quote:

I see your point.

I'll spend more time in the General Forum where I can discuss a fight that hasn't happened, or about how "SHIT JUST GOT REAL" about a washed up rapper and a semi retired boxer on twitter FFS.

Much better.
thesandman is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #2224
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3930

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
Both fighters took the fight at short notice but Vitali was younger, hungrier and far more motivated for the fight. This is common sense as Lennox was the reigning Heavyweight King who every ambitious heavyweight was gunning for while Vitali to Lennox wasn't a legitimate threat.

When the fight began Vitali came out quick and took the fight to Lennox, looking to knock out the champ in the early rounds. Lewis - overweight, sluggish and unprepared - was caught off-balance by Vitali from the beginning and struggled to get his feet. This resulted in Vitali dominating the first four rounds

As the fight went on Lennox began to familiarize himself with his opponent and get in the game while Vitali tired - having thrown too much into the early rounds trying to get a knock out - resulting in Lewis winning the last two rounds of the fight and forcing Vitali to hold on for dear life at the end of the 6th.

The cuts to Vitali's face were numerous and far too many to be described a "lucky". Lewis targeted them as soon as he saw them developing and made them as bad as he could to force a doctors stop. This is a perfectly legitimate way to win a fight.

After the fight Lewis was upset with his performance, it had been one of the worst he'd ever had. Though he promised Vitali a rematch the more he dwelt on his performance and the longer he went without a fight the more convinced he became that he would not be able to reach a world class standard anymore. So he walked away and hung up his gloves. He didn't want to go out on a loss - which is perfectly understandable.

I'm not sure Lennox could have won the rematch but I'm not sure Vitali could either. Lennox was too old and too deminished, even a properly motivated Lewis in the best condition he could get himself into in 2003/2004 would have struggled with Vitali at that time, but Vitali had fought the worst version of Lewis, the one that was old, overweight and unmotivated, and he had failed to put him away and was loosing ground as the fight went on and had had his face reduced to a bloody pulp. So, I am undecided on what the outcome of a rematch would have been.
Very good post, for the most part.

The one point of disagreement that I have is that Vitali really only had control through the first couple of rounds. Lennox opened the cut in the third, and landed enough throughout that round to win it on my card- and the card of many others. Vitali came back nicely to take the fourth, but it was hardly a domination. And the fifth was close enough to be called either way (the judges went with VK, but a case could certainly be made for Lennox taking the stanza). Lennox did enjoy his best round of the abbreviated fight in the sixth, though, and arguably dominated the frame as thoroughly as Vitali dominated the second.

I think the fact that there were a couple of pronounced shifts in momentum is part of the reason why this fight remains such a point of discussion.Well...That and the fact that the loss rankles many K2 fans to no end.

Still, a good, thoughtful take on what remains the best heavyweight championship fight to have occurred in this century.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #2225
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3930

Quote:

I don't think either of them will ever truly forget the amounts of punishment they shipped that evening. It was quite a boxing match...and since, y'know, this is a site that's devoted to the discussion of boxing matches, it stands to reason that this fight would warrant some discussion.

Just saying.

And, one other thing needs to be said, of course...

TKO 6

Last edited by Drew101; 11-05-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #2226
aduriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched View Post
Well aren't you about an uppity little **** hole.

Are you gonna stop by every other thread on the main page to tell the grown folks not to argue, or is it just something about Vitalys face lookin' like he tried to French kiss a lawn mower that got your panties all in a wad?

TKO 6
see ? nothing in what i said implies i'm a fan of either fighter, but you, reacting like the man-child that you are couldn't resist throwing the usual " face vagina , tko6 .... " grow the **** up .
not every thread in this site is an endless whining about an old fight .

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
I see your point.

I'll spend more time in the General Forum where I can discuss a fight that hasn't happened, or about how "SHIT JUST GOT REAL" about a washed up rapper and a semi retired boxer on twitter FFS.

Much better.

yep , because clearly , these are your only options , and nothing else is going on in the boxing world .
aduriz is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 02:45 AM   #2227
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90

Quote:
yep , because clearly , these are your only options , and nothing else is going on in the boxing world .
Obviously not enough to keep you out of here mate.

And what else is happening in the heavyweight world?

Wlad is facing somebody with no chance.
Povetkin is still not ready for a real title shot at 32 or 33 years of age.
Rahman is still getting title shots. (Regular belt or whatever)
Must be about time for Chambers or Thomson to get another shot soon.
Haye still pissing about, not fighting?
Arreola still fat? Sharing meal plans with Solis?

Is it any surprise people still talk about this fight? (And just so you know, most people are trolling. It's just a bit of pissing around these days).

Fact is, the best 2 heavies for the last few years have sat atop the division, but never given us a true number 1. We can speculate, but that's all it is. They've tag teamed their way to the top. It's great for them, but really takes the edge off the division.

I don't expect them to fight, so it is what it is.
thesandman is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 02:49 AM   #2228
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Wow, the one ATG that Vitali has fought in his entire pathetic career stopped him.

That must hurt.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 03:02 AM   #2229
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Vitali is a h2h monster and has a legendary ko% yet he couldnt put away a half asleep, fat, shot lewis

Even foreman was saying he needed a single combo to put him away yet he couldnt

So I guess 38 yr lewis at his worst is better h2h than absolute peak vitali klitschko right klittards?
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #2230
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
Obviously not enough to keep you out of here mate.

And what else is happening in the heavyweight world?

Wlad is facing somebody with no chance.
Povetkin is still not ready for a real title shot at 32 or 33 years of age.
Rahman is still getting title shots. (Regular belt or whatever)
Must be about time for Chambers or Thomson to get another shot soon.
Haye still pissing about, not fighting?
Arreola still fat? Sharing meal plans with Solis?

Is it any surprise people still talk about this fight? (And just so you know, most people are trolling. It's just a bit of pissing around these days).

Fact is, the best 2 heavies for the last few years have sat atop the division, but never given us a true number 1. We can speculate, but that's all it is. They've tag teamed their way to the top. It's great for them, but really takes the edge off the division.

I don't expect them to fight, so it is what it is.

Although cynical that is a pretty good summation of my feelings of the HW division today! Imagine if Wlad was CW and Vitali HW and the brothers cleaned out both respective divisions.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #2231
p4pflab
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 893

Lennox ducked a rematch that says it all.
p4pflab is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #2232
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pflab View Post
Lennox ducked a rematch that says it all.
TKO6. Face Vagina, look at the state of Vitali's face. No guy test

MVC is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #2233
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lennox nearly ended the guys career and may have permanently damaged him if the ring physician didn't rightfully stop the bout

He was being merciful by not fighting him again

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

TKO 6
Old 11-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #2234
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

but but but but guys!!! I just visited Planet Klit and they're still telling me how Klitschko woulda won!!!!
MVC is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #2235
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
but but but but guys!!! I just visited Planet Klit and they're still telling me how Klitschko woulda won!!!!
Yeah, he wouldve won by letting Lennox punch the vision out of his eye and rip the other half of his face off

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum