Ultimate Boxing
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Klitturd faggots,

If TKO6 "doesn't count" then what do you make of Vitali KO 1 Solis?

Solis busted his knee and went down ... he didn't go down from Vitali's punches, unlike bloody vag that surfaced on Viturdis face from Lewis's punches.
I don't count Vitali's win over Solis just like I don't count his "loss" against Byrd. A healthy Vitali would kick any version of Byrd's ass.
Ultimate Boxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #3827
Ultimate Boxing
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Down a maximum of two rounds, with another 6 remaining? Heaven forbid. What an insurmountable deficit.
No the question was whether anyone had Lewis down on the scorecards like Vitali did? Tyson? Holyfield?

Quote:
And it wasn't a lucky punch, was it.
Oh I don't know. Does Vitali get a fight stopping cut every time he fights? How many of Vitali's fights were stopped by cuts? Both his wins and losses? Two that I can think of. So out of 47 fights two were stopped by cuts. Not exactly the most common thing is it?

Quote:
And it wasn't one cut, was it. It was several cuts bought about by numerous accurate punches.
Yeah Lewis said to himself "I'll hit him right above the eye and cut him and win the fight that way".

Just like Vitali was desperate to end the Charr fight and landed that precision punch that opened up that cut.

Fool please.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #3828
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Boxing View Post
No the question was whether anyone had Lewis down on the scorecards like Vitali did? Tyson? Holyfield?
Again, some would say Mercer. I have seen people have Mercer up 3 rounds to two with one even by the 6th round of his fight against Lewis, I have seen people give Mercer the win by 6 rounds to 4 over the whole fight. I have also known people to score it a draw or, the actual result on the day, a Lewis win. But certainly in some people's opinion Mercer did just as well against Lewis as Vitali did.
MAJR is online now  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #3829
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Down a maximum of two rounds, with another 6 remaining? Heaven forbid. What an insurmountable deficit.

And it wasn't a lucky punch, was it. And it wasn't one cut, was it. It was several cuts bought about by numerous accurate punches.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I really want to eat a big tasty pizza right now, after seeing that picture

dyna is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #3830
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Boxing View Post

Oh I don't know. Does Vitali get a fight stopping cut every time he fights? How many of Vitali's fights were stopped by cuts? Both his wins and losses? Two that I can think of. So out of 47 fights two were stopped by cuts. Not exactly the most common thing is it?

Yeah Lewis said to himself "I'll hit him right above the eye and cut him and win the fight that way".

Just like Vitali was desperate to end the Charr fight and landed that precision punch that opened up that cut.

Fool please.
Lewis always punched to cut.
Muhammad Ali was also a guy who would totally destroy your face, everybody got cut and bruised by Ali.

Punching to cut really puts your opponent their offense to a limit when one of their eyes becomes blind.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #3831
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

No other fighter in boxing history has won more than 3 rounds against Vitali

why did people think Lewis could do what no man has ever done to Vitali?
Meow is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #3832
Ultimate Boxing
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Lewis always punched to cut.
Muhammad Ali was also a guy who would totally destroy your face, everybody got cut and bruised by Ali.

Punching to cut really puts your opponent their offense to a limit when one of their eyes becomes blind.
And how many boxers did Lewis stop by cutting them? All of them? Some of them? One of them? He got lucky but not as lucky as Byrd.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #3833
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

T.K.O IN 6

For Life.

Long Live Big Daddy Lewis 150 million + TKO6
MVC is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #3834
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

More proof Lennox had been planning on retirement before TKO6

This was June 6, 2003. Lewis found out Vittles would be the replacement for Johnson 4 days after this. Old, fat Lewis beat up Quitschko and than retired as he had planned to do all along.

Friday 6 June 2003

Last Update 6 June 2003 12:00 am

LONDON, 6 June 2003 World heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis says Mike Tyson is scared of him and there is no chance of a rematch between the pair. I wont ever fight Tyson again, Lewis told British newspapers yesterday from his training camp in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania. Thats over. Hes seriously scared of me and his time has passed, added the Briton, who will fight for the first time in more than a year when he takes on Canadian Kirk Johnson, 30, in Los Angeles on June 21. He (Tyson) must have had bad dreams about the beating I gave him in Memphis last June.

Lewis, 37, is widely accepted as the heavyweight champion after his eight-round demolition of former title-holder Tyson last year, although boxing politics means there are several versions of the crown held by different fighters. The World Boxing Council may not sanction the fight with Johnson due to objections from German-based Ukrainian Vitali Klitschko.

Lewis said he had banished thoughts of quitting the ring and believed he had two or three more meaningful fights left in him. I have been having thoughts about retirement, he told British newspapers. A lot of different things happened to me in my year out of the ring. Most definitely Ive been thinking about retiring on a last big super-fight it could be Vitali Klitschko or Roy Jones.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #3835
rapscalion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
No other fighter in boxing history has won more than 3 rounds against Vitali

why did people think Lewis could do what no man has ever done to Vitali?
That is impressive, but that doesn't matter in the Lewis fight because Lewis busted his eye up so bad that he stopped Vitali and got the TKO, so the scorecards don't really matter in that fight.
rapscalion is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #3836
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapscalion View Post
That is impressive, but that doesn't matter in the Lewis fight because Lewis busted his eye up so bad that he stopped Vitali and got the TKO, so the scorecards don't really matter in that fight.
Of course the scorecards wouldn't count in case of a doctor stopping it. If they did, Vitali would have won.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #3837
Eule
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Of course the scorecards wouldn't count in case of a doctor stopping it. If they did, Vitali would have won.
so you're basically saying if vitali would have won he woudn't have lost? interesting
Eule is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #3838
Eule
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
More proof Lennox had been planning on retirement before TKO6

This was June 6, 2003. Lewis found out Vittles would be the replacement for Johnson 4 days after this. Old, fat Lewis beat up Quitschko and than retired as he had planned to do all along.

Friday 6 June 2003

Last Update 6 June 2003 12:00 am

LONDON, 6 June 2003 World heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis says Mike Tyson is scared of him and there is no chance of a rematch between the pair. I wont ever fight Tyson again, Lewis told British newspapers yesterday from his training camp in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania. Thats over. Hes seriously scared of me and his time has passed, added the Briton, who will fight for the first time in more than a year when he takes on Canadian Kirk Johnson, 30, in Los Angeles on June 21. He (Tyson) must have had bad dreams about the beating I gave him in Memphis last June.

Lewis, 37, is widely accepted as the heavyweight champion after his eight-round demolition of former title-holder Tyson last year, although boxing politics means there are several versions of the crown held by different fighters. The World Boxing Council may not sanction the fight with Johnson due to objections from German-based Ukrainian Vitali Klitschko.

Lewis said he had banished thoughts of quitting the ring and believed he had two or three more meaningful fights left in him. I have been having thoughts about retirement, he told British newspapers. A lot of different things happened to me in my year out of the ring. Most definitely Ive been thinking about retiring on a last big super-fight it could be Vitali Klitschko or Roy Jones.
there was once a thread in which an old journeyman talked about sparring with lewis, wlad (who hit by the way the hardest), tua, etc. and he said that lewis thought about retirement already long before the klitschko-fight.
Eule is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #3839
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eule View Post
so you're basically saying if vitali would have won he woudn't have lost? interesting
No I'm saying if they judged it based off scorecards (which is the most regular way that fights are determined when there isn't a KO or a stoppage by the referee) then Vitali would have won.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #3840
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
No I'm saying if they judged it based off scorecards (which is the most regular way that fights are determined when there isn't a KO or a stoppage by the referee) then Vitali would have won.
You would have also had to have made it a 6 round fight for this ridiculous scenario to play out. But the bottom line is Vittles DIDN'T win....that is all you need to learn to accept.
JAB5239 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum