False 131 19.64%
Voters: 667. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #4306
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

tko6, except he wasn't knocked out, stopped or even wobbled. In fact he was ahead 4-2 on all three cards and only cut due to illegal shots in clinches and a midget incompetent ref. DQ6, TD6 Vitali, the event winner and real warrior, not the ***** liar, sorry 'lion'.
On The Money is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #4307
mr. piff
The Ring General
ESB Addict

vCash: 254

Please tell me again, who hand got raised by the ref?
mr. piff is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #4308
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Money View Post
tko6, except he wasn't knocked out, stopped or even wobbled. In fact he was ahead 4-2 on all three cards and only cut due to illegal shots in clinches and a midget incompetent ref. DQ6, TD6 Vitali, the event winner and real warrior, not the ***** liar, sorry 'lion'.
bitter?
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #4309
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 577

Quote:
Vitali lost. Get over it. Its been almost a decade, surely Vitali has done something by now that's proven his worth beyond putting in a valiant performance against Lewis - even though it is the fight that defines his whole career.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #4310
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
Vitali lost. Get over it. Its been almost a decade, surely Vitali has done something by now that's proven his worth beyond putting in a valiant performance against Lewis - even though it is the fight that defines his whole career.

There is a strong case Vitali won the fight, and his opponent should have been DQ'd, for repeated illegal holding and punches, or a technical decision given. A no contest could also have been given. You had a wholly incompetent and inadequate referee that didn't do his job. Lewis was boo'd out the ring for a reason.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #4311
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 577

Quote:
There is a strong case Vitali won the fight, and his opponent should have been DQ'd, for repeated illegal holding and punches, or a technical decision given. A no contest could also have been given. You had a wholly incompetent and inadequate referee that didn't do his job. Lewis was boo'd out the ring for a reason.
Again. Get over it. You can't change the past. Whatever case you think there might be for Vitali winning that fight the fact remains that in reality he lost.

So once more I have to say that surely he's done something in the past decade since that fight that's proven his worth as a heavyweight beyond any doubt, something that means that all his fanboys dont have to keep going back to that fight with Lewis and coming up with conspiracy theories and all the rest of that bull**** to "prove" that he "never lost" and was the "real winner".

I cannot think of another heavyweight in history who has been active and on top for as long as Vitali has yet who's fans continue to dwell on one loss as if the rest of his career is worthless, as if somehow Vitali will never be credible unless that loss gets overturned.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #4312
BunnyGibbons
Is Not About That Life

vCash: 6371

Quote:
fans continue to dwell on one loss as if the rest of his career is worthless, as if somehow Vitali will never be credible unless that loss gets overturned.
Now that you mention it...
BunnyGibbons is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #4313
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Again. Get over it. You can't change the past. Whatever case you think there might be for Vitali winning that fight the fact remains that in reality he lost.

So once more I have to say that surely he's done something in the past decade since that fight that's proven his worth as a heavyweight beyond any doubt, something that means that all his fanboys dont have to keep going back to that fight with Lewis and coming up with conspiracy theories and all the rest of that bull**** to "prove" that he "never lost" and was the "real winner".

I cannot think of another heavyweight in history who has been active and on top for as long as Vitali has yet who's fans continue to dwell on one loss as if the rest of his career is worthless, as if somehow Vitali will never be credible unless that loss gets overturned.

It's not me dwelling on anything, I'm responding to people who think tko6 is some kind of definitive statement that proves their man was better than Vitali. When you skim the tko6 surface it reveals a different story as I've detailed.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #4314
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

but the ending is the same. Tko6
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 AM   #4315
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90

Quote:
This is so wrong it's brilliant.

There is no case for Vitaly winning the fight. None whatsoever.
thesandman is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #4316
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90

Quote:
It's not me dwelling on anything, I'm responding to people who think tko6 is some kind of definitive statement that proves their man was better than Vitali. When you skim the tko6 surface it reveals a different story as I've detailed.
It shows Vitaly had Lewis hurt in the second and couldn't finish him.

It shows despite being clearly badly cut in the 3rd, Vitaly either didn't - or couldn't - change his plans on the fly. Lewis did. Experience showed through

The state of the left hand side of Vitalys face shows a flawed defence. Low left hand, lead leg out and leaning back may work most if the time. It clearly doesn't work against a big fighter, with a longer reach who's willing to take 2 of Vitalys shots to land one right hand of his own.

It shows either Vitalys power is overstated, or Lewis' chin is underrated.

It shows being a swing round up at the halfway point means nothing if you get your face punched off in the process.
thesandman is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #4317
sean1982
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Lewis should have been DQ'd for holding??? Thats rich....
sean1982 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #4318
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Get over it Vit**** . . . HE LOST!!! he fought a good fight against an faded, vulnerable, and no matter how you cut it HE LOST!. He was wobbled, he was hurt, and his face look like a mangina at the end.

I really do not understand how one group of fans can have collective re****ation. Even Pac****s, friggin Pac****s do not go on and on about the Bradley Lose or the JMM KO (and they where his last two fights. You LOSERS cannot get over you mans face almost getting ripped off a decade ago
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #4319
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Vitali´s power is overrated. Lewis walked threw Vitali´s punches. When Lewis fought against big punchers he did not react like this. After round 2 Lewis knows he could take Vitali´s best punch.

No way Vitali would have outbox Lewis. Lewis was more skilled, more punching power.

Lewis won TKO 6.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #4320
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post
Vitali´s power is overrated. Lewis walked threw Vitali´s punches. When Lewis fought against big punchers he did not react like this. After round 2 Lewis knows he could take Vitali´s best punch.

No way Vitali would have outbox Lewis. Lewis was more skilled, more punching power.

Lewis won TKO 6.
It was just a typical Lewis fights.

Lewis starts sort of slow.
Figures out the opponent in the first 1-2 rounds then comes back strong.
He and Manny figured Vitali his inside game is weaker than Lewis his inside game so they went there, coupled with Vitali's leaky defence on the left side of his face and it was a Lewis victory to begin with.
I think Lewis would best be classified as a jack of all trades.

Some could outfight him on the outside.
Some could outfight him on the inside.
But never could they do both, that's why Lewis retired as a top 5 ATG hw.
dyna is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum