boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: TKO6
True 536 80.36%
False 131 19.64%
Voters: 667. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #4576
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,985
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
are you trying to insinuate that lewis lost the first fight, or that he was "scared," or rematching a fight that he won?
Its irrelevant. Vits got his shot, made a great effort but came up short. Lewis owed him nothing. The double standards displayed by Klitschko nuthuggers is amazing since they give Vittles a pass after quitting against Byrd and not rematching even though both fighters were still highly ranked at the same time. They'll say, "but Vitaly was winning"....but, but, but.....But Lewis DID win. 10 years later its time to get over it and move on. If not, real boxing fans will just keep reminding them how their boy lost and how ridiculous they are.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #4577
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,985
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
are you getting any message from bscene about malicious adware?


i haven't been able to log onto the website all day. i've been beefing with some fools who think floyd mayweather and juan manuel marquez are the same size, and i haven't been nice about it
I've been good, but I did read about it happening to others in the comments section.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #4578
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,985
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
You are making it too easy. Listen to Lewis interview, then put on your dunce hat and go sit in the corner.

"Question: Are you looking to fight twice this year?
Lewis: That is fair to say."
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

and that (skip to 6:20): "...and we can have another fight after that"
BORKED
I've supplied two links of Lewis talking aqbout retiring after fighting Tyson and just before fighting Vittles. Boxers say all sorts of things ater the heat of battle. It doesn't matter anyway. Lewis won fair and square and had every right to reire after a great career. At least he retired after fighting Vits. Whats Klits swan song gonna be, Charr, or another Charr like opponent? WOW!!
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #4579
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
I've supplied two links of Lewis talking aqbout retiring after fighting Tyson and just before fighting Vittles. Boxers say all sorts of things ater the heat of battle. It doesn't matter anyway. Lewis won fair and square and had every right to reire after a great career. At least he retired after fighting Vits. Whats Klits swan song gonna be, Charr, or another Charr like opponent? WOW!!
BURN! JAB, stop making Breman cry . . . next thing you know he will start calling you a racist
JASPER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #4580
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
I've supplied two links of Lewis talking aqbout retiring after fighting Tyson and just before fighting Vittles. Boxers say all sorts of things ater the heat of battle. It doesn't matter anyway. Lewis won fair and square and had every right to reire after a great career. At least he retired after fighting Vits. Whats Klits swan song gonna be, Charr, or another Charr like opponent? WOW!!
You make it sound like Lewis retired voluntarily. It is common knowledge that Vitali retired Lewis.
bremen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #4581
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
You make it sound like Lewis retired voluntarily. It is common knowledge that Vitali retired Lewis.

Common knowledge . . . on Planet Klit. Along with the fact that Lennox was Freddy Kruger's gloves that night
JASPER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #4582
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
Common knowledge . . . on Planet Klit. Along with the fact that Lennox was Freddy Kruger's gloves that night
Lewis was NOT planning to retire in 2003. The only reason Lewis retired was so that he did not have to face Vitali again. The rematch was in the works for December with Lewis hoping that Vitali would not recover in time for the fight. When it became clear that Vitali's cuts were healing just fine and he would be cleared to fight in December, Lewis changed his tune and pulled out of the fight. Vitali easily defeated Johnson and forced mandatory defense for Lewis. Lewis announced his retirement within one week before WBC meeting scheduled to strip him of the title.

It is obvious that had Vitali not recovered in time for December fight Lewis would fight Johnson or RJJ instead, or, if Vitali lost to Johnson, Lewis would defend against Johnson in '04.
bremen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #4583
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
Lewis was NOT planning to retire in 2003. The only reason Lewis retired was so that he did not have to face Vitali again. The rematch was in the works for December with Lewis hoping that Vitali would not recover in time for the fight. When it became clear that Vitali's cuts were healing just fine and he would be cleared to fight in December, Lewis changed his tune and pulled out of the fight. Vitali easily defeated Johnson and forced mandatory defense for Lewis. Lewis announced his retirement within one week before WBC meeting scheduled to strip him of the title.

It is obvious that had Vitali not recovered in time for December fight Lewis would fight Johnson or RJJ instead, or, if Vitali lost to Johnson, Lewis would defend against Johnson in '04.
Wrong. Lewis said he was planning to retire after Tyson.

He was just convinced by HBO to take the fight.

And beat Vitali to a pulp. Mad?
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #4584
New England
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

went through the thread a bit. some of you guys are either great trolls, or need a bit of help.
New England is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #4585
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Must be the weekend, the Klitard butt-hurt in here is especially strong today.
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #4586
New England
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Must be the weekend, the Klitard butt-hurt in here is especially strong today.
dude, stickying the thread was a bad idea


nothing but bad will come of it.


funny though, and i can see the appeal, lol.
New England is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #4587
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
dude, stickying the thread was a bad idea


nothing but bad will come of it.


funny though, and i can see the appeal, lol.
Actually, this thread's main purpose is not to belittle Vitali. Too many threads about this were made on the daily, so a thread like this one works very well as a consolidation tool for all of that incessant garbage.

Hundreds of threads pertaining to TKO6, Lewis retired without giving a rematch spammed the forums, so thank god for this thread. Greatest thread.

It's also a truthful thread. Lewis did indeed TKO6 Vitali. That fact will remain unchanged for the rest of eternity. It is also to house a very historical event.

The fattest, shottest, most undertrained/undermotivated Lennox Lewis beat the next best HW.

That's a FACT.
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #4588
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
It's also a truthful thread. Lewis did indeed TKO6 Vitali. That fact will remain unchanged for the rest of eternity. It is also to house a very historical event.
Pretty much this. There are only three certainties in life. Death, Taxes and TKO6.
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #4589
New England
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Actually, this thread's main purpose is not to belittle Vitali. Too many threads about this were made on the daily, so a thread like this one works very well as a consolidation tool for all of that incessant garbage.

Hundreds of threads pertaining to TKO6, Lewis retired without giving a rematch spammed the forums, so thank god for this thread. Greatest thread.

It's also a truthful thread. Lewis did indeed TKO6 Vitali. That fact will remain unchanged for the rest of eternity. It is also to house a very historical event.

The fattest, shottest, most undertrained/undermotivated Lennox Lewis beat the next best HW.

That's a FACT.
i like vitali klitscko. i like lennox lewis. i love boxing. a dog loves a bone.

i've got 13 k posts on bscene. i started in history, went to nsb, now post in nsb and the lounge. jab knows me.

these things have a tendency to take on a life of their own. this thread will add to the beef. beef begats beef. TKO6 begats beef.

that said, i'm for it. i love seeing the dust get kicked up. consolidating the threads was undoubtedly good for the website as well.


wage war on the idiots. jab is a well known TKO 6 vet.
New England is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #4590
New England
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Pretty much this. There are only three certainties in life. Death, Taxes and TKO6.


oh my gosh. that is tremendous.
New England is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015