Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: TKO6
True 524 80.25%
False 129 19.75%
Voters: 653. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #4606
uberstar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 214
vCash: 415
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Vitali would be blind today. Great stoppage
uberstar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #4607
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,591
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Compared to the previous pic Vitali's cut wasn't even that bad.

His corner was taking care of it and Vitali said that he could see perfectly fine. A BS stoppage.
Meow, I have given you the benefit of the doubt all this time, but now I know you are clearly gone full retard.
JASPER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #4608
NOTINDAFACE
No Me Se Rajar
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Roma, Italia.
Posts: 1,219
vCash: 75
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

TKO6 exists in boxing, its refutable
NOTINDAFACE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #4609
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 1306
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Compared to the previous pic Vitali's cut wasn't even that bad.

His corner was taking care of it and Vitali said that he could see perfectly fine. A BS stoppage.
lol. If the fight hadn't been stopped when it had Vitali might be blind right now.
xRedx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #4610
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 90
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Compared to the previous pic Vitali's cut wasn't even that bad.

His corner was taking care of it and Vitali said that he could see perfectly fine. A BS stoppage.
Vitalis corner was dealing with it by packing it with gauze and putting tape on it.
They knew it was over before Vitali put on his mock outraged tantrum.

Your trolling is becoming lazy and repetitive mate. Can we switch back to Lewis using his dreads to worsen the cut, or sitting down hard on his stool being more meaningful than punching Vitalis face into a bloody pulp.
thesandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #4611
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 90
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
It would be Lewis KO7 Klitschko.
There's no doubt Vitlay would have gottem KOd in the 7th.


Indisputable ESB fact.
thesandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #4612
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Again, I've seen worse cuts.

I would understand stopping the fight if the fighter is clearly losing. Thats why referees stop fights because the other guy is getting dominated. When a fighter is getting dominated and he is cut it is logical for a ref to stop the fight just like when a ref stops the fight when a fighter has hit another one with a successive amount of shots while the other fighter is providing no defense. The fact is that the wrong protocol was used in stopping the fight between Lewis and Vitali because Vitali was clearly winning the fight on the scorecards and stopping it just produced the wrong winner. That is why after the decision was read the crowd BOO'd Lewis and cheered Vitali.

Hopefully the decision is rightfully changed to TD6.
Meow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #4613
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,591
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Again, I've seen worse cuts.

I would understand stopping the fight if the fighter is clearly losing. Thats why referees stop fights because the other guy is getting dominated. When a fighter is getting dominated and he is cut it is logical for a ref to stop the fight just like when a ref stops the fight when a fighter has hit another one with a successive amount of shots while the other fighter is providing no defense. The fact is that the wrong protocol was used in stopping the fight between Lewis and Vitali because Vitali was clearly winning the fight on the scorecards and stopping it just produced the wrong winner. That is why after the decision was read the crowd BOO'd Lewis and cheered Vitali.

Hopefully the decision is rightfully changed to TD6.
Poor Meow, DKSAB! this has to be some of the dumbest shit I have seen any poster post on these threads (and there are a lot of Pactards around)
JASPER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #4614
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
Poor Meow, DKSAB! this has to be some of the dumbest shit I have seen any poster post on these threads (and there are a lot of Pactards around)
He has to be trolling, no-one could be that stupid.
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #4615
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eifel / Germany
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberstar View Post
Vitali would be blind today. Great stoppage



And Lewis would have koŽed Vitali in the 7the.

Legal stoppage win by Lewis; I cannot believe, someone doubt this.

The corner knows that the fight will be stopped in the next rounds because of the cuts. After round 3 the doctor was in the corner after every round.

And after round 5 someone said "the last round". So Vitali knows it was the last round to KO Lewis. He had to KO him because the fight would have been stopped after round 6.

But Vitali was not able to do it.

This fight could have been stopped after round 3 but the Doctor gave Vitali the chance to continue because Vitali did good in the first 2 rounds.

But after Lewis took over the fight, the doctor had to stopped the fight to save VitaliŽs health!

TKO 6. Nothing else.
jisi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #4616
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

17.71% of the voters are delusional Klitlickers.

Fact.

Anywaysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

TKO6
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #4617
andrewa1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Have a great deal of contempt for the "TKO6" argument. Seriously, you have no logic, so you just resort to a meaningless phrase that's supposed to prove your point? Go back to grade school, it doesn't hold water among rational adults. Fact is, Lewis beat Vitali in a legitimate fight. But he was losing decisively when the fight was stopped, against Vitali's wishes and not by true knockout. This is the quintessential example of a fight that deserves a rematch. He said he would rematch after the fight, he had said before the fight he planned on going on for years more. He would have made 40 million to fight Vitali again. He chose not to. How anyone can say he didn't do that because he thought the chances of him losing to Vitali were too high is laughable. The comments that he was shot or overweight are a joke too. He was 6 pounds above his normal weight, and doing great in training. Like Vitali, looking at the kinds of victory's he had and the level of domination dispayed, he only reached his peak at an unusually advanced of of mid 30's. And if anything, his weight helped him absorb shots he wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Regardless, they are both all time great, top 10 fighters, and its a shame for true boxing fans that we will never get to see who would have won the rematch.
andrewa1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #4618
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,591
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewa1 View Post
Have a great deal of contempt for the "TKO6" argument. Seriously, you have no logic, so you just resort to a meaningless phrase that's supposed to prove your point? Go back to grade school, it doesn't hold water among rational adults. Fact is, Lewis beat Vitali in a legitimate fight. But he was losing decisively when the fight was stopped, against Vitali's wishes and not by true knockout. This is the quintessential example of a fight that deserves a rematch. He said he would rematch after the fight, he had said before the fight he planned on going on for years more. He would have made 40 million to fight Vitali again. He chose not to. How anyone can say he didn't do that because he thought the chances of him losing to Vitali were too high is laughable. The comments that he was shot or overweight are a joke too. He was 6 pounds above his normal weight, and doing great in training. Like Vitali, looking at the kinds of victory's he had and the level of domination dispayed, he only reached his peak at an unusually advanced of of mid 30's. And if anything, his weight helped him absorb shots he wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Regardless, they are both all time great, top 10 fighters, and its a shame for true boxing fans that we will never get to see who would have won the rematch.
I could tolerate your fanboyism until the last line . . . if you think Vittles should be considered top 10 ATG @ HW you are out of you f'n mind.

Now lets deal with some facts: first, TKO6; second, LL had talked about retirement long before this fight, he may have went back and forth, which is expected. the point is he was contemplating it; third' Six pounds shows he was not in great shape and did not take his assignment seriously; fourth, Vittles had his shot, no need to cry that he deserved a rematch because no he didn't. A challenger who loses deserves shit . . . he may have been up on the cards but they mean shit when TKO6s happen; fifth, vittles had already held a belt (but was still green) until he quit against Byrd; sixth, TKO 6 4life
JASPER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #4619
andrewa1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Jasper. I could tolerate your complete lack of intellect, boxing knowledge, and rationality, except, well, I can't. I'm not a "fanboy" of Vitali. I'm a fan of heavyweight boxing, too bad you aren't. First as far as the match and rematch, 6 pounds is nothing in boxing terms, especially at that weight. Go look up box rec records, if you know what that is. And as I mentioned, if anything the weight helped him. Lennox was at his peak or near peak, Vitali was pre peak (his defense is vastly beter now, he controls distance better) and LL chose to walk away from a lucrative fight that would have eliminated the "tko6" debate that still follows him, because he decided the risk to his legacy wasn't worth the money or improvement to his legacy. To deny that that match is the reason rematches even exist, and to deny that the controversial ending has hurt Lennox's legacy, is to completely lose touch with reality and boxing. All that said, I'm not positive whether VK would have beat LL in a rematch, they are both all time greats, but the performance against each other and the degree of their overall dominance suggests Vitali would have won. As far as LL and VK being top 10 heavyweights, there's a lot I put into the equation. Dominance over era, years and number of defenses, etc, all of which Vitali was excellent in. That said, if my "greatest" list was just about who would win in a match, it would be some order or VK, LL and WK followed distantly by everyone else. It's really a joke that irrational nostalgiaists like you are so resistant to reality. I deeply respect the era and what it meant, but as far as who would win, the heavyweights of 30 years ago would be borderline cruiserweights today, they wouldn't have the size to cope with todays heavyweights. Looking at the history a bit, I can see you fancy yourself quite the expert, Jasper, always getting personal and always acting the authority, even though you completely fail to make any rational arguments. You are also very prompt in your replies. I have a life, so I won't be quite as prompt as you, but I'll always deal with you in time. I look forward to beating you down with facts and logic over the coming months or years.
andrewa1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #4620
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,591
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewa1 View Post
Jasper. I could tolerate your complete lack of intellect, boxing knowledge, and rationality, except, well, I can't. I'm not a "fanboy" of Vitali. I'm a fan of heavyweight boxing, too bad you aren't(I am a fan of boxing not just heavyweights!0. First as far as the match and rematch, 6 pounds is nothing in boxing terms(6 pounds shows that he was not in the best of shape), especially at that weight. Go look up box rec (I knew it a boxrec warrior)records, if you know what that is. And as I mentioned, if anything the weight helped him. Lennox was at his peak or near peak(the guy was talking about retirement . . . how in the **** would that make him peak), Vitali was pre peak (his defense is vastly beter now, he controls distance better) (Vittles never got better, the rest of the division got worse)and LL chose to walk away (retire)from a lucrative fight (he had a shitload of money in the bank and would get less than half of that 40mill, how much money does he need)that would have eliminated the "tko6" debate that still follows him,(IT DOES NOT FOLLOW HIM IT FOLLOWS DUMBASS VITTARDS FOR A DECADE) because he decided the risk to his legacy wasn't worth the money or improvement to his legacy. To deny that that match is the reason rematches even exist, and to deny that the controversial ending has hurt Lennox's legacy, is to completely lose touch with reality and boxing.(CRY ME A ****ING RIVER BUDDY) All that said, I'm not positive whether VK would have beat LL in a rematch, they are both all time greats, but the performance against each other and the degree of their overall dominance suggests Vitali would have won. As far as LL and VK being top 10 heavyweights, there's a lot I put into the equation. Dominance over era, years and number of defenses, etc, all of which Vitali was excellent in. That said, if my "greatest" list was just about who would win in a match, it would be some order or VK, LL and WK followed distantly by everyone else. It's really a joke that irrational nostalgiaists like you are so resistant to reality. I deeply respect the era and what it meant, but as far as who would win, the heavyweights of 30 years ago would be borderline cruiserweights today, they wouldn't have the size to cope with todays heavyweights. Looking at the history a bit, I can see you fancy yourself quite the expert, Jasper, always getting personal and always acting the authority, even though you completely fail to make any rational arguments. You are also very prompt in your replies. I have a life, so I won't be quite as prompt as you, but I'll always deal with you in time. I look forward to beating you down with facts and logic over the coming months or years.

OK So where are you facts and logic . . . this just a load of bullshit. the funniest part is your top ten list

dumbass vittard--> TKO 6 BITCH

TKO 6 is the only fact that matters. not who was up on the cards, not your thoughts on the obligation that THE CHAMP LL had towards the losers Vittles. Not even the fact that Vittles had his chance against the vulnerable last truly great champ but failed. It doesn't matter that today's HW suck balls allowing the bros to dominate. it doesnt even matter that you are not a fan of boxing only the HWs. all that matters in this discussion is TKO6, It happened, its over, its history! LL had every right to walk away or fight on . . . it does not change the only true fact that is TKO6!

but, but . . . he promised a rematch
but, but . . . he would have made a shit load of money
but, but . . . he vittles was up on the cards

its been a ****ing decade, get the **** over it!
JASPER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013