Old 04-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #4621
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewa1 View Post
Jasper. I could tolerate your complete lack of intellect, boxing knowledge, and rationality, except, well, I can't. I'm not a "fanboy" of Vitali. I'm a fan of heavyweight boxing, too bad you aren't. First as far as the match and rematch, 6 pounds is nothing in boxing terms, especially at that weight. Go look up box rec records, if you know what that is. And as I mentioned, if anything the weight helped him. Lennox was at his peak or near peak, Vitali was pre peak (his defense is vastly beter now, he controls distance better) and LL chose to walk away from a lucrative fight that would have eliminated the "tko6" debate that still follows him, because he decided the risk to his legacy wasn't worth the money or improvement to his legacy. To deny that that match is the reason rematches even exist, and to deny that the controversial ending has hurt Lennox's legacy, is to completely lose touch with reality and boxing. All that said, I'm not positive whether VK would have beat LL in a rematch, they are both all time greats, but the performance against each other and the degree of their overall dominance suggests Vitali would have won. As far as LL and VK being top 10 heavyweights, there's a lot I put into the equation. Dominance over era, years and number of defenses, etc, all of which Vitali was excellent in. That said, if my "greatest" list was just about who would win in a match, it would be some order or VK, LL and WK followed distantly by everyone else. It's really a joke that irrational nostalgiaists like you are so resistant to reality. I deeply respect the era and what it meant, but as far as who would win, the heavyweights of 30 years ago would be borderline cruiserweights today, they wouldn't have the size to cope with todays heavyweights. Looking at the history a bit, I can see you fancy yourself quite the expert, Jasper, always getting personal and always acting the authority, even though you completely fail to make any rational arguments. You are also very prompt in your replies. I have a life, so I won't be quite as prompt as you, but I'll always deal with you in time. I look forward to beating you down with facts and logic over the coming months or years.

you are an amazing poster and its refreshing to see someone so intellectual and filled with boxing knowledge grace this forum.
Meow is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #4622
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewa1 View Post
Jasper. I could tolerate your complete lack of intellect, boxing knowledge, and rationality, except, well, I can't. I'm not a "fanboy" of Vitali. I'm a fan of heavyweight boxing, too bad you aren't. First as far as the match and rematch, 6 pounds is nothing in boxing terms, especially at that weight. Go look up box rec records, if you know what that is. And as I mentioned, if anything the weight helped him. Lennox was at his peak or near peak, Vitali was pre peak (his defense is vastly beter now, he controls distance better) and LL chose to walk away from a lucrative fight that would have eliminated the "tko6" debate that still follows him, because he decided the risk to his legacy wasn't worth the money or improvement to his legacy. To deny that that match is the reason rematches even exist, and to deny that the controversial ending has hurt Lennox's legacy, is to completely lose touch with reality and boxing. All that said, I'm not positive whether VK would have beat LL in a rematch, they are both all time greats, but the performance against each other and the degree of their overall dominance suggests Vitali would have won. As far as LL and VK being top 10 heavyweights, there's a lot I put into the equation. Dominance over era, years and number of defenses, etc, all of which Vitali was excellent in. That said, if my "greatest" list was just about who would win in a match, it would be some order or VK, LL and WK followed distantly by everyone else. It's really a joke that irrational nostalgiaists like you are so resistant to reality. I deeply respect the era and what it meant, but as far as who would win, the heavyweights of 30 years ago would be borderline cruiserweights today, they wouldn't have the size to cope with todays heavyweights. Looking at the history a bit, I can see you fancy yourself quite the expert, Jasper, always getting personal and always acting the authority, even though you completely fail to make any rational arguments. You are also very prompt in your replies. I have a life, so I won't be quite as prompt as you, but I'll always deal with you in time. I look forward to beating you down with facts and logic over the coming months or years.
Spoken like a true Klitard. What was your main banned for?
Maximus is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #4623
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
you are an amazing poster and its refreshing to see someone so intellectual and filled with boxing knowledge grace this forum.
its clearly your alt. After being found as dumb as a bag of rocks you spent some time crafting a few posts and creating an alt
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #4624
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Spoken like a true Klitard. What was your main banned for?
he claims he is not a fanboy but has Vittles as the GOAT at HW
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #4625
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

he is an obsessive fan boi..........look at the threads he started
Old 04-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #4626
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vitali is better than lewis

deal with it.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #4627
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

deal with it.
No he isnt.

they faced - Vitali lost.
The poll speaks for itself as do other polls on this forum............its not even close who gets more respect from boxing fans
Old 04-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #4628
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

deal with it.

what a loser, creating an alt and then complementing yourself . . . all over a fight that is almost 10 years old.

Boxing fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>vittards.

TKO6 DEAL WITH IT
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #4629
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

im not robotic in judging who a better fighter is

there are things called fluke victories. In judging who is better between Vitali and Lewis the simple answer is Vitali and it isn't even close. Vitali is the vastly superior fighter.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #4630
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

By Lennox Lewis tko6 logic, Montell Griffin is a better fighter than Roy Jones Junior.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #4631
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
By Lennox Lewis tko6 logic, Montell Griffin is a better fighter than Roy Jones Junior.
roy jones junior didnt have such a dire career as vittles tho did he?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #4632
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
do you even watch any other boxing besides Vittles:

Comparing RJJ to Vittles FFS
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #4633
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
do you even watch any other boxing besides Vittles:

Comparing RJJ to Vittles FFS
do you get my statement? please reread it.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #4634
andrewa1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Jasper, Maximus, and other logically challenged posters. Instead of TKO 6, this forum should be called "Vitali retired Lewis". It is a more accurate way to sum up the topics of the forum. So Jasper, you really need to read up on "facts and logic", because I have it, and you son, well you just don't. Facts: Vitali has defended his last title 9 times, in the top half dozen of heavyweights of all time. He did so in his late 30's and early 40's. He did so rarely dropping a round, and against the best competition. This was after a dominant run in the late 90's early 2000's, where he had established himself as a great heavyweight. You can really count on one hand the number of boxers who have had a comparable career to him, greats including Louis, Marciano, Ali, Holmes and Lewis. VK has rarely lost a round as a champion, having a stretch of domination far beyond what even Lewis did. You whining about Lewis not owing him a rematch really doesn't change the simple rational truth, that that match was the poster child of matches demanding a rematch, and Lewis failed to give it. He was within his right to do so, but only irrational fanboys or haters would say that he would have retired if he felt confident that he would win. As far as getting over it, I'm long since over it, I'm just sickened by irrational fools like you who continue to fill forums like this with your absurd hate and confuse less boxing literate people into buying the bs you sell. I'm no fanboy, certainly less than you are little insignificant, logically defunct haters. I'm a fan of heavyweight boxing, and a fan of all great, dominant champions, and by disparaging Vitali K, you show that you have no respect for them or the division.
andrewa1 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #4635
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
do you get my statement? please reread it.
i get it, u r a vittard who is talking about a completely unrelated fight
JASPER is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum