False 130 19.79%
Voters: 657. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #4681
andrewa1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Jasper: There a surprise, no substantive response. You’ve been owned so you just come back with a bs insult. Again, “Vitali retired Lewis”.
Maximus, your stupidity is truly maximum.
1. Read my post again son, what you mean by TKO 6 is most definitely not a fact
2. It was an analogy, showing that you can logically extrapolate information into reaching legitimate conclusions. Go get a dictionary, and after you’ve sorted all that out, you’ll feel better.
3. That just doesn’t even make sense.
4. That’s a sad joke, he’s beaten the top fighters, as I noted above.
5.Name the thirty above him, and you’ll immediately lose all credibility. He’s a clear top 10 to any rational person, based on record, dominance over era and traditional factors, and you can’t get more than 8 HW’s from history with even a comparable record. But if we’re talking about just who would win in a match, the K’s and LL are all alone at the top.
6. The top fighters do meet, the K’s vs everyone else, they’ve beat all the top guys in the division, until the past year, where Pulev and Fury have emerged. You mean the top contenders. I personally agree with you to some extent, it would be more exciting if they met more often, but the 0 losses is important nowadays to getting a fight, and some people do find it more exciting for a title fight to have a challenger with minimal losses. Besides, be honest, if the top guys met each other as often as earlier eras, you still would hate them “Oh look, Pulev has a loss to that fat boy___, or "Haye lost to that bum___”. It’s a different era now, and I blame haters like YOU for changing the culture on that.
7. I’m literally laughing out loud right now. You’ve just taken some of the primary measurements of greatness and said they “don’t mean anything”. Sorry, everyone except virulent haters like you actually do “care” about frickin rounds won and KO PERCENTAGE! Just, wow.
8. Because they can, and have, and are continuing to do so.
9. Yeah, coming from you “Freedom” should take that as a badge of honor. I suspect he’s one of the most rational commenters around if you’re claiming he’s bad.
andrewa1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #4682
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewa1 View Post
Jasper: There a surprise, no substantive response. You’ve been owned so you just come back with a bs insult. Again, “Vitali retired Lewis”.
Maximus, your stupidity is truly maximum.
1. Read my post again son, what you mean by TKO 6 is most definitely not a fact
2. It was an analogy, showing that you can logically extrapolate information into reaching legitimate conclusions. Go get a dictionary, and after you’ve sorted all that out, you’ll feel better.
3. That just doesn’t even make sense.
4. That’s a sad joke, he’s beaten the top fighters, as I noted above.
5.Name the thirty above him, and you’ll immediately lose all credibility. He’s a clear top 10 to any rational person, based on record, dominance over era and traditional factors, and you can’t get more than 8 HW’s from history with even a comparable record. But if we’re talking about just who would win in a match, the K’s and LL are all alone at the top.
6. The top fighters do meet, the K’s vs everyone else, they’ve beat all the top guys in the division, until the past year, where Pulev and Fury have emerged. You mean the top contenders. I personally agree with you to some extent, it would be more exciting if they met more often, but the 0 losses is important nowadays to getting a fight, and some people do find it more exciting for a title fight to have a challenger with minimal losses. Besides, be honest, if the top guys met each other as often as earlier eras, you still would hate them “Oh look, Pulev has a loss to that fat boy___, or "Haye lost to that bum___”. It’s a different era now, and I blame haters like YOU for changing the culture on that.
7. I’m literally laughing out loud right now. You’ve just taken some of the primary measurements of greatness and said they “don’t mean anything”. Sorry, everyone except virulent haters like you actually do “care” about frickin rounds won and KO PERCENTAGE! Just, wow.
8. Because they can, and have, and are continuing to do so.
9. Yeah, coming from you “Freedom” should take that as a badge of honor. I suspect he’s one of the most rational commenters around if you’re claiming he’s bad.
you are a full retard if you think vittles is the GOAT at HW and I refuse to discuss boxing with full retards. go on the classic forum and spew that bs, no better yet go on the general and post it. you have brought zero to this discussion besides make me have a good laugh. I got tired of Meow and breman before him, thanks for making enjoy this forum again

tell me did you check box-rec to see if the change the results yet?

no?

TKO6

Last edited by JASPER; 04-10-2013 at 09:29 PM.
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #4683
FloydPatterson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
I would love to be ruled by such a successful man.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
FloydPatterson is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #4684
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

seriously gay thing to say man.

maybe you can say that in your next vitali is a goat video
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #4685
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeagain1 View Post
piss poor example.

The vitali stoppage was not down to bias judges but medical opinion
Biased ref overlooked the obvious foul and robbed Vitali of TD6 victory.
bremen is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #4686
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
lennox lewis fans also cannot address why there is any controversy to the fight. If it was so decisive why is there a thread and discussion about this today?

A little contradiction lewis fans get caught up in. The reason: Vitali beat him down and Lewis refused the rematch and retired. That's why it's being discussed today because it is the flukiest win in history but proved that Vitali was simply the better fighter and man.
Because of Vitali´s behavior after the fight.

If he had act like a real sportsman, nobody would discuss this fight.

But he attacked Lewis after the fight! For this attack he could have lost his licence. He should be thankful to Wladimir who protect his brother to do something stupid. Same after the Solis fight.

Lewis won TKO 6.

The winner can make a rematch, but he did not need to do so.

Lewis retired as a real Champion, a very great Champion with the best trainer in his corner ever.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #4687
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post

Lewis retired as a real Champion, a very great Champion with the best trainer in his corner ever.
You make it sound like Lewis had a choice about rematching. WBC ordered Lewis to rematch Vitali or be stripped of the title.
bremen is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2013, 03:12 AM   #4688
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post
Because of Vitali´s behavior after the fight.

If he had act like a real sportsman, nobody would discuss this fight.

But he attacked Lewis after the fight! For this attack he could have lost his licence. He should be thankful to Wladimir who protect his brother to do something stupid. Same after the Solis fight.

Lewis won TKO 6.

because he attacked him after the fight? LOL. You are a troll.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2013, 03:18 AM   #4689
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
Biased ref overlooked the obvious foul and robbed Vitali of TD6 victory.
Prove it.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2013, 03:31 AM   #4690
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Quote:
lennox lewis fans also cannot address why there is any controversy to the fight. If it was so decisive why is there a thread and discussion about this today?

A little contradiction lewis fans get caught up in. The reason: Vitali beat him down and Lewis refused the rematch and retired. That's why it's being discussed today because it is the flukiest win in history but proved that Vitali was simply the better fighter and man.
The fight's controversial because because you Vitali fanboys cannot accept that he blew his chance.

Lewis did struggle with Vitali, and Vitali did win most of the rounds, but Lewis found a way to win anyway. That's what great champions do. His win was perfectly legitmate, and has never been question by any official boxing organization.

The fight was close enough to w-arrent a rematch, the way Lewis won left many believing Vitali deserved a rematch, and a rematch would have been great for boxing, but Lewis did not owe Vitali anything and was perfectly within his rights to walk away with the victory and retire as World Champion.

The fact still remains that Vitali couldn't do what McCall and Rahman could - knock out a totally unprepared and lazy Lennox Lewis - if he could then he would have won. He had his chance, he was dominating the early rounds, but he failed to finish Lewis off when he was on top and was losing ground consistantly after that to the extent that he was reduced to holding on to Lewis like a whore to survive the end of the 6th round.

And he couldn't do what Mercer could - last the full fight with Lewis - and if he'd managed that he might have won on points. He got cut, and failed to protect it, it became one of the worst examples of cuts in boxing history and the doctor at ringside stopped the fight out of concern for his health.

So again, the reason we're here a decade later still talking about this fight, still going on about "TKO6" and "refused rematch" and everything is purely down to the fact that Vitali wasn't good enough to put Lewis away when he had the chance and his fanboys cannot accept that he blew it.

Last edited by MAJR; 04-11-2013 at 05:24 AM.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #4691
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Vitali wasn't good enough to put Lewis away when he had the chance and his fanboys cannot accept that he blew it.
Absolut right in round 2 Vitali had this chance.

But Lewis was smart enough to deal with it and after round 3 Lewis becomes stronger and stronger.

TKO 6.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #4692
andrewa1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Ha! Jasper, you’re great, you have absolutely no rational argument, so you go to “nah nah, you’re stupid”. Sorry son, you’re the one with the mental deficiencies. First of all, I didn’t say VK was the greatest of all time, I rank it 1.Ali 2.Louis 3Marciano 4.Dempsey 5.Lewis and 6VK. I do that because a lot goes in to being greatest, not just who would win in a match. If it was just who would win, then yes, VK or LL would be #1. As with all sports, athletes have gotten better, for a variety of reasons. Most of Ali’s wins came against effectively cruiserweights, and his effectiveness declined the bigger his opponent got, as you could objectively observe if you ever actually visited boxrec. This is not a discredit to him, it’s a compliment, he used his size advantage in a similar way the K’s do.
So, again, “Vitali retired Lewis”. Also, a new one for you, “UD 15”. Since this is a blog devoted to irrationally besmirching an ATG with a factual but misleading match result, lets apply the same (faulty) logic to the person most on this forum would never dream questioning, Ali. A shot, cruiserweight Frazier defeated and knocked down a prime Ali in their first fight. We shouldn’t count anything after that, because even if they fought again, Frazier was still way past his prime, he was legally blind in one eye at the time he fought Ali, so Ali just would have beaten a shot, cruiserweight invalid, which proves nothing.
On that note, the amazing thing is that the things you use to glorify past boxers are things you use to tear down present boxers. Ali fought a lot of fighters in his title defenses who had a ton of losses. Take Wepner, who lost more than a quarter of his fights. He did beat a shot Earnie Terrell in his best fight, so he’d be comparable in the modern era to Ross Purrity, who lost about a quarter of his matches (albeit to higher rated fighter generally than Wepner), but had beat a few great fighters(better ranked than Terrell). If VK defended against Purrity, and if he got knocked down like Ali did against Wepner, you’d cry bloody murder about how horrible the era is and how bad the K’s are. You’re really sad, your irrational hatred is making you miss a dominant era.
andrewa1 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #4693
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Ha! Jasper, you’re great, you have absolutely no rational argument, so you go to “nah nah, you’re stupid”. Sorry son, you’re the one with the mental deficiencies. First of all, I didn’t say VK was the greatest of all time, I rank it 1.Ali 2.Louis 3Marciano 4.Dempsey 5.Lewis and 6VK. I do that because a lot goes in to being greatest, not just who would win in a match. If it was just who would win, then yes, VK or LL would be #1. As with all sports, athletes have gotten better, for a variety of reasons. Most of Ali’s wins came against effectively cruiserweights, and his effectiveness declined the bigger his opponent got, as you could objectively observe if you ever actually visited boxrec. This is not a discredit to him, it’s a compliment, he used his size advantage in a similar way the K’s do.
So, again, “Vitali retired Lewis”. Also, a new one for you, “UD 15”. Since this is a blog devoted to irrationally besmirching an ATG with a factual but misleading match result, lets apply the same (faulty) logic to the person most on this forum would never dream questioning, Ali. A shot, cruiserweight Frazier defeated and knocked down a prime Ali in their first fight. We shouldn’t count anything after that, because even if they fought again, Frazier was still way past his prime, he was legally blind in one eye at the time he fought Ali, so Ali just would have beaten a shot, cruiserweight invalid, which proves nothing.
On that note, the amazing thing is that the things you use to glorify past boxers are things you use to tear down present boxers. Ali fought a lot of fighters in his title defenses who had a ton of losses. Take Wepner, who lost more than a quarter of his fights. He did beat a shot Earnie Terrell in his best fight, so he’d be comparable in the modern era to Ross Purrity, who lost about a quarter of his matches (albeit to higher rated fighter generally than Wepner), but had beat a few great fighters(better ranked than Terrell). If VK defended against Purrity, and if he got knocked down like Ali did against Wepner, you’d cry bloody murder about how horrible the era is and how bad the K’s are. You’re really sad, your irrational hatred is making you miss a dominant era.

Also Wepner never beat Ernie Terrell, it was a robbery.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #4694
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
lol, I never said I hated Vittles, I only laugh at his retard fans who can even think about putting him the same breath as Ali, Louis . . . etc. Hate is a strong word and something I reserve for real scum of the boxing world.

i was typing this long ass reply but **** it . . . TKO6
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #4695
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

personally I'm not reading that black text on a black background.Screw that

Lewis had a slow start, was deeply unfit and out of shape (vitali said so aswell) and after rd 3 he came on strong.......tko6

vitali being a mardy bum at the end and attempting kicks in boxing is just a measure of the mans poor character
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum