True 524 80.25%
False 129 19.75%
Voters: 653. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #5206
forreal
Chin doctor
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1464
Default Re: TKO6 the 10 year anniversary of the last Great Heavyweight Title Fight

Prime roided up Vitali getting his face smashed to a bloody mess by shot Lewis... In six rounds.
forreal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #5207
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: TKO6 the 10 year anniversary of the last Great Heavyweight Title Fight

Great fight. Wish we got to see a rematch where both guys actually had a full training camp to prepare for each other. Would've been epic. It was like eating the most delicious early courses at a 3 Michelin star restaurant only to have the place go out of business before the entree.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #5208
derrick
6ft4 215 bring it on
ESB Addict

vCash: 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by forreal View Post
Prime roided up Vitali getting his face smashed to a bloody mess by shot Lewis... In six rounds.
It was a fun fight while it lasted. Its to bad Vitali cuts so damn easy. Lewis said he never seen anyone cut so damn easy. If Vitali would have had better skin maybe it would have went a few rounds but Vitali was hurt bad at the end of the 6th. Lewis caught him with a sneaky uppercut and Vitali had to hold Lewis to avoid going down. Vitali's legs were wobbley at the end of the round. Lewis was just better than both Klitschkos. Vitali had the better chance. You can't last with Lewis with a weak chin like Wlad has. We found that out in the grant fight. I still wish we would have had the fight of the fragile. Wlad Vs. Grant. Both has punching power but zero chin.
derrick is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #5209
vladboston
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick View Post
It was a fun fight while it lasted. Its to bad Vitali cuts so damn easy. Lewis said he never seen anyone cut so damn easy. If Vitali would have had better skin maybe it would have went a few rounds but Vitali was hurt bad at the end of the 6th. Lewis caught him with a sneaky uppercut and Vitali had to hold Lewis to avoid going down. Vitali's legs were wobbley at the end of the round. Lewis was just better than both Klitschkos. Vitali had the better chance. You can't last with Lewis with a weak chin like Wlad has. We found that out in the grant fight. I still wish we would have had the fight of the fragile. Wlad Vs. Grant. Both has punching power but zero chin.
Vitali doesn't cut easy, Lewis used his laces to cut Klitschko.
vladboston is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #5210
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
vCash: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladboston View Post

His dreads too.

Ban iron dreads in boxing!
Garrus is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #5211
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post
great, great fight it was indeed, and a pity LL denied him the much deserved rematch. This match though he lost it showed once and for all for everyone to see (if he hadnt shown it by then already, arguably) that Vitali was for real.

Here 9 years, on 24/7, 307 posts
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #5212
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

"So, when it came time for me to see if I should fight Klitschko again, I thought – at my worst, at my worst! I beat Klitschko and look what I did to his face! I was at my worst – just think [what would’ve happened] if I’d trained just a little bit harder."

There you have it folks. Written in Gaaspel by the man himself
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #5213
Taylor2010
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
There used to be a...

IB, you are something of an esb stalwart, do you know whats going on with this site?
Taylor2010 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #5214
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
"So, when it came time for me to see if I should fight Klitschko again, I thought – at my worst, at my worst! I beat Klitschko and look what I did to his face! I was at my worst – just think [what would’ve happened] if I’d trained just a little bit harder."

BUT-But-but . . . LL was in his prime and Vittles was Green

TKO6
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #5215
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
There used to be a...
What happened to the GREATEST thread ever?

More importantly what the HELL happen to the site?
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #5216
derrick
6ft4 215 bring it on
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladboston View Post
He does cut easy. That was a clean punch Lewis landed that ripped that eye open. Nothing tto do with his hair or laces. He also cut Vitali under the eye and ripped his lip open. Lewis said he never fought anyone that cut so easy. My god you Klitschko fans have an excuse for everything. Yes Vitali landed some good shots early but Lewis was beating his ass before that fight got stopped. Lewis won by TKO6 fair and square. Vitali gave it all he had. I wish Lewis would have fought Wlad as well. Wlad does not have the chin Vitali has so I don't see Wlad getting out of the first round. Lewis is just better than the Klitschkos face the facts. If Lewis was fighting in this era he would be champ not the Klitschkos.
derrick is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #5217
derrick
6ft4 215 bring it on
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post

Lewis was right. Why should he have fought Vitali again. The result would have been worse for Vitali. Lewis would have sliced his thin skin up again and Vitali would have been done. Lewis did Vitali a favor by not fighting him again. He would have koed Wlad as well early and easy.
derrick is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #5218
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

it's not like there weren't fun fights to watch at HW since then, Brewster-Liakhovic, or Povetkin-Huck were entertaining, but there hasn't been a matchup of HW greats for a long time... it doesn't look like we will see another one for even longer...
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #5219
The Bane
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Lewis was too good. He potentially has every HWs number apart from Ali which is still 50/50!
The Bane is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #5220
Zombieguy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
There used to be a...
It's gone?!?!

Why do the powers that be remove everything we hold so dear on ESB?
Zombieguy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum