Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195
Default Khan Vs St Clair RBR

Hey guys we dont get the fight in Australia are any of you guys planning on doing a RBR? Or do you know if there is somewhere on the net i can see it ? Thanks
daz52 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan Vs St Clair RBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz52
Hey guys we dont get the fight in Australia are any of you guys planning on doing a RBR? Or do you know if there is somewhere on the net i can see it ? Thanks
Im sure someone will do a RBR on here fella. You excited about this one then?

Me, Im not really. Gairy was a fine fighter but hes seen better days, & the weight & height difference will play a big part. St Clairs only hope is to use his defensive skills to take Khan into the later rounds, as IMO Khan still has suspect stamina as hes had too many quick fights recently.
However, the saint isnt big enough for the job literally, or young enough & I see Khan picking him off from the outside & stopping the wee man at about the halfway stage.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 01:24 AM   #3
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Im very excited... I train with Gairy and hes in shape... He sparred 10 rounds today with 3 different fighters all much bigger then him and no one landed much at all he still has his great defensive skills intact... Hes fought bigger boys then Khan... My only worry in this fight is Gaz fighting an English fighter in England with 3 English judges and an English ref
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #4
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

I like this fight. St Clair is a champ from the weight below but lightweight shouldn't/isn't really an issue. A recent champ is still quite impressive. St Clair has mixed in good company. He is a nice name for Khan to fight.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 04:18 AM   #5
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It wasnt so long ago he was due to fight scott harrison, nobody complained about that fight (dunky). I believe it was when Guzman pulled out (wasnt it?).
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 04:27 AM   #6
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Khan will blast him out!
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 04:45 AM   #7
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Think Harrison was due to fight St Clair in May 2006 and he was a stand in at short notice after both Guzman and Honario withdrew.

Fast forward approx 18 months and Khan v St Clair is a different proposition. Harrison was a featherweight whereas Khan is a much taller and bigger lightweight - not to mention since that proposed match up St Clair has lost a couple of fights back to back.

That said he is a better opponent for Khan than Kristjansen in my opinion.
elle is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 04:46 AM   #8
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz52
Im very excited... I train with Gairy and hes in shape... He sparred 10 rounds today with 3 different fighters all much bigger then him and no one landed much at all he still has his great defensive skills intact... Hes fought bigger boys then Khan... My only worry in this fight is Gaz fighting an English fighter in England with 3 English judges and an English ref
This will have no affect on the outcome of the fight. You should be more aware of the fight he is fihting big punching khan with ref and set of judges all sponsored by ******.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:23 AM   #9
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Diego Corrales was big punching it didnt upset Gairy.... Im well aware of what he is facing in Khan and its nothing he hasnt seen before and as i said even though his last 2 fights have ended in defeat Gairy is in no way past it and he is severly under estimated in this fight... Anyone actually trying to say Khan punches as hard an Chico who was 25-0 with with 21 KOs coming into the fight with Gairy?
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 05:40 AM   #10
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Think Harrison was due to fight St Clair in May 2006 and he was a stand in at short notice after both Guzman and Honario withdrew.

Fast forward approx 18 months and Khan v St Clair is a different proposition. Harrison was a featherweight whereas Khan is a much taller and bigger lightweight - not to mention since that proposed match up St Clair has lost a couple of fights back to back.

That said he is a better opponent for Khan than Kristjansen in my opinion.
yeah I appreciate that, but people say Khan hasnt proved himself at british level, yet now he's fighting someone who people say was good enough to fight Harrison at world leve.

Dont get me wrong, as I said in another thread he'll go into survival mode form 5th onwards following some solid shots.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 05:58 AM   #11
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

St Clair wasn't the first choice opponent for Harrison though or even the second - he was the third change of opponent at very short notice.

I'm still unconvinced by Khan (great prospect that he is) but I do hope the fight with St Clair does not turn out to be a mismatch on the night and enables us to see a bit more of what he is capable of.
elle is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 06:28 AM   #12
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

No, and he isnt first choice for Khan either, you could say third choice if you take into account ******s offer to Thaxton. He was also "supposed" to fight Arthur too wasnt he!?! Its a good match up for such a novice fighter, but I think we'll see more of how khan fares with a defensive fighter, how he cuts the ring off etc... than we will how he copes with an offensive barrage.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #13
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

The Lads - as I have already said St Clair is a better opponent for Khan than their first choice.

You are right about a proposed Arthur v St Clair match up but again that would have been at super featherweight and back in April 2006 - the St Clair that Khan will be facing has suffered a couple of more recent losses since then.

Don't think Thaxton fight was on the cards for Feb 2nd anyway - think that would have been April.
elle is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 07:32 AM   #14
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Will people stop making the STUPID size claim. Khan can be 8 foot tall, the fact is he makes 135. Plus, he isn't THAT big. Doesn't appear to tower over Earl or Limond. St Clair is naturally 5 pounds lighter BUT surely makes up for that with ALOT more xperience. We are talking about a man who has mixed with champs at 135 and 140.

I don't know what people are on about to be honest. It's a good opponent. Better than the other guy who had a bogus ranking and padded record.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 07:54 AM   #15
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Khan will have an advantage in weight and height - St Clair has fought as low as featherweight and is 5ft 4". Khan is a natural lightweight, looks big at the weight and is 5ft 10".

Whether or nor St Clair can compensate with experience remains to be seen on Feb 2nd but the observations about size are fair.
elle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum