Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #16
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Calzaghe UD
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2008, 11:45 PM   #17
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
Im stuck on who to pick like i was with Joe vs Kessler. It'll be a very tense fight that wont be fought at any great pace. My heart wants Bhop but head says Joe.

It disturbs me that whenever Joe is involved in a "what If" matchup conversation it is always "Joe is too busy blah blah blah he wins" This is why i want Bhop to knock his ****in teeth straight back past his spine
you always prefer black fighters/footy players to white fighters/footy players B-hop,moseley,wesser,mundine?are you a black supremacist?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:52 PM   #18
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Speaking of black footy players.

Watch out for a player named Shannon Walker, he is the next grease lightning. Titans jnr that will no doubt be looked at very seriously in the next few seasons.

No i dont only like black athletes, now bugger back off to molesting dead horses
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 12:05 AM   #19
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
Speaking of black footy players.

Watch out for a player named Shannon Walker, he is the next grease lightning. Titans jnr that will no doubt be looked at very seriously in the next few seasons.

No i dont only like black athletes, now bugger back off to molesting dead horses
Old 01-24-2008, 12:49 AM   #20
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Not really interested in this bout to be brutally honest.

These so called mega fights rarely live upto expectation.

But im more a blood and guts kind of fan who wants toe to toe action with one finially finishing on top with a brutal stoppage.

Sorry but bhop want let that happen...

And cant see Calzaghe stopping B-Hop.

All in all i dont know who will win but i am looking alot more forward to Pavlik v Taylor as that one will only finish one way.

With one of them on their back.Yeah boy.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 12:52 AM   #21
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum
you always prefer black fighters/footy players to white fighters/footy players B-hop,moseley,wesser,mundine?are you a black supremacist?
Black supremacist

Love it....

I always thought only white people were racist
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 03:45 AM   #22
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member

5 years ago it would have been a pick um for me but I think Hop has slowed a little. Joe will win on work rate but Hop will make it rough.
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #23
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan(DK)
I am still around. Was mostly in the "war" to secure the Calzaghe - Kessler fight. I check the boxingforums everyday. Now i can read the wisedom of Josey Wales on lots of them.
Well **** me if it ain't the Original "Alice in BLUNDERLAND ", Why didn't you have the "Minerals" to come back on the board and admit YOU WERE WRONG ,And the two year hate Torrent of abuse you rained down on Calzaghe,Me and the people of Wales was childish and Misfounded ,LMFAO If you possesed an iota of self respect you would have at least gave Calzaghe his props , Instead of Going MIA for two Months , BTW are you the same guy that Peck's was talking about "Deream " Posing under YET another name ? Jan ( DK ) :
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #24
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Jan(DK) : Calzaghe fought Kessler and it was the right thing to do at the right time ,as it has enhanced his rep and legacy , The Manfrado fight was when you started calling Calzaghe a Coward , He Fought Manfredo because his pay masters @ HBO demanded he fight a fighter Known in America so he battered Him and then Beat Your Boy Kessler and is now fighting Hopkins in the states For $ 10,000,000 i reckon Calzaghe's , Heart , Desire and Buisness skills can no longer be questioned ,,Least of all by you ever again..Regards Josey Wales
Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #25
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum
He's the Aussie version of TooPurdy
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 06:00 PM   #26
mofo2
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hopkins brings strength to the fight,Joe brings good skill and fast hands.....I can only see the winner being Joe,he'll box him out of the ring....UD
mofo2 is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #27
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan(DK)
Josey Wales: I never stated any off the above. If a "Jan (DK)" wrote that, it suddenly wasn't me. As i remembered it, we normally had a discussion in respect?.

(This is my reply on joecalzaghe.com 22.nov.07)

"Calzaghe won the fight, no doubt about it. I saw the fight just as you did at first. 5-11 easily to Calzaghe and was very disappointed at Kessler. Now i re watch the fight and saw that if you score it round for round it was a close fight all the way. Kessler, the corner and all in Denmark knew he lost the fight, but it was a close fight.
Re watch it round for round, maybe with no sound!!.
Hope to see Calzaghe defend the EU-fighters against the some time if not every time arrogant US-fighters. Kessler will follow soon to back him up i hope."

Re: Calzaghe-Kessler2 in Vegas stated here 02. Jan. 2007

"The two best in a rematch. That should be a decent request.

I for one saw the fight as a close (but clear) Calzaghe win. A lot off the rounds was very close, but after Kessler have scored some clear counter punchs, Calzaghe just keep on coming and throws a lot of punch (witch mostly dint.t connect) but was wining over the crowd, commentators and judges. Why this wasn't expected by Kessler and his corner was the biggest surprise.
In a rematch with Kessler as the aggressor could be a "War". Normally after "a big fight" there is a rematch, some time inside a year or two, but i guess Calzaghe cant wait that long - sooooo?"
.....Jan(DK) What i wrote to Teke was correct for roughly 18 months all we had on every Calzaghe thread over on the message boards were kessler fans calling Calzaghe a Coward , Calslappy ,Calfaggie etc. You were one of the main men dragging Calzaghe down and questioning his desire to fight Kessler , Then When Kessler lost you didn't return as didn't 90% of your countrymen , during the 18 month build up to the fight i stated imo Calzaghe would fight Kessler and you said he was running scared ,Palle tried goading Calzaghe into the ring calling him Alice in wonderland , A disgrace etc ,And after all this when your boy got done by a WIDE points margin you all disappeared off the messag board and haven't been back since . Rematch ? No i don' tink so ,Calzaghe has biger fish to fry . I hope young Kessler has a long career as you know during the 18 month Debate i never dissed him once and stated many times he is the future of the S/Middle division ,something i still regard him as ..............
Old 01-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #28
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Good post Josey.

I also see no need for a rematch. Calzaghe has around 2 fights left in him, which makes it hard to try and find room for a rematch with Kessler, especially considering that the first fight wasn't close enough to warrant one.

I'm looking forward to seeing Calzaghe smack Hopkins in the US. This should be an easier fight for him than the Kessler one, imo
pecks is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #29
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
Good post Josey.

I also see no need for a rematch. Calzaghe has around 2 fights left in him, which makes it hard to try and find room for a rematch with Kessler, especially considering that the first fight wasn't close enough to warrant one.

I'm looking forward to seeing Calzaghe smack Hopkins in the US. This should be an easier fight for him than the Kessler one, imo
Pecks ,True ,Calzaghe said as much post fight ,In fact he was respectful to kessler saying kessler would get better and he (Joe) can only get worse , I scored the fight anr 8-4 fight in Calzaghe's favour and thats being generous to Kessler , Kessler should have thrown more leather simple as that ,Punches make prizes .Regards Josey
Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #30
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES
Pecks ,True ,Calzaghe said as much post fight ,In fact he was respectful to kessler saying kessler would get better and he (Joe) can only get worse , I scored the fight anr 8-4 fight in Calzaghe's favour and thats being generous to Kessler , Kessler should have thrown more leather simple as that ,Punches make prizes .Regards Josey
Yeah, I scored it 8 - 4 as well.
Competitive fight, but Calzaghe was the clear winner.

Kessler is a good fighter, and he'll bounce back. But deram's dreams of him being the GOAT (and he did make a thread in relation to that as well ) are long gone.
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum