Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2008, 06:39 AM   #46
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Jan(DK) You posted more than you say on the message board ,Now your sounding bitter about the DEFEAT ,,Man i always thought you Danes were fair people and a great sportsmen however it sounds to me as the main reason for your absence Post fight is because you think Kessler was robbed , Cath must have been the only Dane to correctly predict the result .I bet you were spewing fella .LMAO
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2008, 06:51 AM   #47
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Preach on Josey!

Jan if you think that fight was 115-113 you're borderline insane.

Kess won 2- 3 rounds. One clean counter punch does not win you a round if the other fighter lands tons more punches and otherwise controls the round.
Polymath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:55 AM   #48
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
If we are talking best ''SUPER FIGHT''(u know what i mean) then maybe your right.But in 2007 i seen atleast 5fights that was more exciting then the kess-calzaghe bout.

I would put the Pavlik vs Taylor bout above the kess-calzaghe bout.

And then i could put a handful of not so well known fights above the two fights mentioned in my post.
And that's fair enough OB - I didn't see every fight in 2007 (including the Pavlik-Taylor fight, but I'll be watching the rematch for sure), but after all the build up, I was really looking forward to the JC-Kessler fight (2 favourite fighters at SMW) and it proved to be a great fight in my eyes because it wasn't a blowout either way, it was just a good ****ing fight
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:56 AM   #49
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES
Jan(DK) You posted more than you say on the message board ,Now your sounding bitter about the DEFEAT ,,Man i always thought you Danes were fair people and a great sportsmen however it sounds to me as the main reason for your absence Post fight is because you think Kessler was robbed , Cath must have been the only Dane to correctly predict the result .I bet you were spewing fella .LMAO
To be fair, theres a few here who took the loss well. THN, and faetter both acknowledge that he lost by around a 4 point margin.

Deram is the worst though. he doesn't post here anymore, but over on the boxred forum he was saying how they should now fight in Kessler's backyard, and posted links and translations of Danish media scoring the fight for Kessler. Basically he was trying to pimp out that the fight was a lot closer than it actually was.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:00 AM   #50
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Calzaghe ****ing well put his chin out there and took Kessler's best right hands, and just kept hassling the poor cunt - man, the guy might not have the best resume, but he knows how to fight
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #51
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

How the **** do you fight for 20-odd years and still look like you could charm the panties off the mother of a 16-year old hottie?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:43 AM   #52
THN
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 3'rd stone from the sun
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 908
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES
Jan(DK) You posted more than you say on the message board ,Now your sounding bitter about the DEFEAT ,,Man i always thought you Danes were fair people and a great sportsmen however it sounds to me as the main reason for your absence Post fight is because you think Kessler was robbed , Cath must have been the only Dane to correctly predict the result .I bet you were spewing fella .LMAO
Ge over it mate, as far as I remember you were pretty arrogant about, if Kessler deserved a shot on Calzaghe at all.
Let it rest and move on
THN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #53
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by THN
Ge over it mate, as far as I remember you were pretty arrogant about, if Kessler deserved a shot on Calzaghe at all.
Let it rest and move on
....THN,Thats utter bollocks ,What name were you posting under on the message board PRE Calzaghe /Kessler ? Of Course kesser deserved a Unification fight with Calzaghe he was the THEN champ of the WBA & WBC what wasn't right was his "so called "fans tying to dictate where and when Calzaghe should fight him ,,Get over that old son .. ..
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #54
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
I haven't seen the fight since I saw it live but it was clearly a Calzaghe win, there was no disputing the fact that Calzaghe took over from about rd 6 onwards, and although Kessler fought bravely and never gave up, Calzaghe was running the show from rd 6 on.

What I loved about this fight was the fact that both fighters brought their best to the ring, there was no excuses to be made for not being 100% or being injured (I don't believe the reports of Kessler having a broken hand), it was on from bell one, and they both threw everything into it.

What I also loved about it (and it took a few rounds to realise it), was that Calzaghe was actually deliberately sticking his chin out there for Kessler to hit, so he could figure out what Kessler had, and nullify it.

Now, there may be plenty out there who say Calzaghe slaps/runs etc, but he put his chin out there and took some big ****ing shots from Kessler, and then figured out how to nullify those shots so Kessler couldn't succeed with them.

That to me is brilliance at work, someone who has enough faith in their chin to take some big bombs just so they can adapt their fight plan to deal with it and win.

And what else was brilliant was that Kessler was able to hang with Calzaghe for 12 rds (6 once JC had figured him out), so he can hold his head hight as far as I'm concerned.

IMO, it was the fight of the year for 2007.
Muttley , Solid Post that mate. covered most aspects of the fight ,However i would call the fight between Katsidis v Earl a better fight ,,Man what a rip up that was ,,
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:10 AM   #55
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

It was a good close fight, I had Joe by 4 rounds. It was basically a 2 rd swing and it would have been a draw.

Kessler seemed to think a little too much instead of acting which is why i call him robotish. Given a chance in a rematch he could fair better but as the story goes there isnt a need for it.

Kessler is good but i have a feeling he will suffer a few more loses before his career is over.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #56
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

I had Joe winning the fight 116-112.
Pretty clear cut win to Joe for me. Kessler did fight hard & was competitive.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #57
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
How the **** do you fight for 20-odd years and still look like you could charm the panties off the mother of a 16-year old hottie?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You do know that deram has a hard drive full of evidence that proves Kessler is the ***iest in the 168 division, don't you?
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #58
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
You do know that deram has a hard drive full of evidence that proves Kessler is the ***iest in the 168 division, don't you?
Pecks lol , I got to admit Mikkel Kessler showed pure class before during and after the fight ,he realised he blew his chance but remained a true champ imo despite losing his titles , Props ...Regards Josey Wales
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #59
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES
Pecks lol , I got to admit Mikkel Kessler showed pure class before during and after the fight ,he realised he blew his chance but remained a true champ imo despite losing his titles , Props ...Regards Josey Wales
Yeah, though I wouldn't say he blew it, he just wasn't good enough, simple as that.

He did show class, but he still said he fought injured, and this was not long after he said he had no injury. I hate when fighters do that.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #60
THN
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 3'rd stone from the sun
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 908
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES
....THN,Thats utter bollocks ,What name were you posting under on the message board PRE Calzaghe /Kessler ? Of Course kesser deserved a Unification fight with Calzaghe he was the THEN champ of the WBA & WBC what wasn't right was his "so called "fans tying to dictate where and when Calzaghe should fight him ,,Get over that old son .. ..
My name on the messageboard is th. I don't give a damn about who did and did'nt, the only thing i'm thinking about is the future,
Calzaghe is fighting B Hop, nice name and??????
Hopefully Kessler will continue fighting the best, and "at the end of the day" he will have a better reputation than Calzaghe.
kiss and hugs THN
THN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013