Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #31
Macky
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Doubt it, not with having to make weight and that.
i got the joke haha

some people are thick
Macky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #32
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 1500
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticLeader View Post
Prime Brodie > Prime Harrison.
yeah okay
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #33
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticLeader View Post
I was the first person to state how overrated Lacy was on here, way before his destruction at the hands of Calzaghe. I believe McClellan belongs in the same category.

Broner does not. He may or may not be a future HOFer, but he sure as hell is better than Harrison ever was. Broner is quicker, harder punching, naturally heavier and downright classier than Harrison.

To say that Harrison would ever have stood a chance against Broner is nothing short of a complete joke.
So what your doing is trying to compare two different style of boxer and because your preference of style is quite clearly Broner, Harrison would never stand a chance? I don't see how you've come to this conclusion.

Also why does being naturally heavier mean you are all of a sudden a better fighter than the next guy?
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #34
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

To me? Broner is just the modern day Guzman, but with HBO behind him. Same cuntish behaviour i.e arrogance & coming in heavy...

Now my hero scotty was a cunt, but at least when he fought? he made the weight. Theres levels of cuntishness in boxing, & Scotty was a nutter, BUT he nevr pulled cheap tricks on fighters like Broner does.

Have to laugh at the thread title, as if Broner would take the risk of fighting a proper hardcase if he didnt have to

I laugh at the thought of where Scotty would shove that comb
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #35
bluenoseshf
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 543
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
To me? Broner is just the modern day Guzman, but with HBO behind him. Same cuntish behaviour i.e arrogance & coming in heavy...

Now my hero scotty was a cunt, but at least when he fought? he made the weight. Theres levels of cuntishness in boxing, & Scotty was a nutter, BUT he nevr pulled cheap tricks on fighters like Broner does.

Have to laugh at the thread title, as if Broner would take the risk of fighting a proper hardcase if he didnt have to

I laugh at the thought of where Scotty would shove that comb
Haha your level of stupidity when it comes to harrison would be laughable if it wasnt so sad.

Let me start by saying i hope ricky burns gets his chance with Broner on a massive american card because he would Lacy him but...

I think when it comes to cuntishness Harrison is a master compared to Broner. Broner failed to make the weight because he grew out of the weight as he is still fairly young. He shouldnt have been fighting at that weight really.


Harrison also failed to make the weigh in, because he was too busying getting pissed and probably terrorising Asda staff.

Add this to trying to car jack a couple, terrorising a pregnant woman, Beating a man up that eventually lead to his suicide and Being a cunt in General. I think Harrison Wins in the P4P of cuntishness.
bluenoseshf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #36
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Harrison was a big strong guy, decent fundamentals. But it was the big and strong that made him. Billy you say Broner is predictable, Harrison was obvious, Burns is predictable, the problem with all 3 is can you over come it. Harrison was awful against Medina, look what a flu ridden Hamed did to him years before ? Broners jab would never miss against Harrison, and his strength would cope with Scots too. Then what is Scot gonna do ?
riggers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #37
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Yo gangsta! Let's get ready to gang bang"!
Posts: 5,390
vCash: 187
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchpieirnbru View Post
So what your doing is trying to compare two different style of boxer and because your preference of style is quite clearly Broner, Harrison would never stand a chance? I don't see how you've come to this conclusion.

Also why does being naturally heavier mean you are all of a sudden a better fighter than the next guy?
At Featherweight, what was Scott's biggest strength?

Hint: The answer is in the question.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #38
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
Harrison was a big strong guy, decent fundamentals. But it was the big and strong that made him. Billy you say Broner is predictable, Harrison was obvious, Burns is predictable, the problem with all 3 is can you over come it. Harrison was awful against Medina, look what a flu ridden Hamed did to him years before ? Broners jab would never miss against Harrison, and his strength would cope with Scots too. Then what is Scot gonna do ?

****, even I agree that the first loss to Medina was a bad un, but many great fighters have a bad night. Scotty rectified it in the rematch.

Now to throw your Naz argument on its head? What about McCullough? Scotty spanked that man black & blue, whereas Naz resorted to running like an olympic sprinter to steal a points victory.

As for the Naz flu excuse? It was an excuse. Just like all but a few boxers do when they have a bad night.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #39
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoseshf View Post
Haha your level of stupidity when it comes to harrison would be laughable if it wasnt so sad.

Let me start by saying i hope ricky burns gets his chance with Broner on a massive american card because he would Lacy him but...

I think when it comes to cuntishness Harrison is a master compared to Broner. Broner failed to make the weight because he grew out of the weight as he is still fairly young. He shouldnt have been fighting at that weight really.


Harrison also failed to make the weigh in, because he was too busying getting pissed and probably terrorising Asda staff.

Add this to trying to car jack a couple, terrorising a pregnant woman, Beating a man up that eventually lead to his suicide and Being a cunt in General. I think Harrison Wins in the P4P of cuntishness.
blah blah poor Broner blah BLAH. So Scotty was a cunt outside of the ropes. He never took liberties INSIDE of the ropes though like Broner, did he?

Wrong supermarket btw, if you are going to engage me in a Scotty debate, you have to get your facts right about where scotty likes to take a piss after he has indulged in a few swallys
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #40
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
****, even I agree that the first loss to Medina was a bad un, but many great fighters have a bad night. Scotty rectified it in the rematch.

Now to throw your Naz argument on its head? What about McCullough? Scotty spanked that man black & blue, whereas Naz resorted to running like an olympic sprinter to steal a points victory.

As for the Naz flu excuse? It was an excuse. Just like all but a few boxers do when they have a bad night.
He was utterly flu ridden, and he knocked him out. Johnson got destroyed years before he was rolled out against Scot. McCullough was also much older against Scot. How about Polo ?

But who that Scot fought at the time he fought them beat Broner ? If he was as good as you think why was he kept away from the real class. To say Broner is afraid of fighting the best is silly, when you see Scots defenses.
riggers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #41
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
He was utterly flu ridden, and he knocked him out. Johnson got destroyed years before he was rolled out against Scot. McCullough was also much older against Scot. How about Polo ?

But who that Scot fought at the time he fought them beat Broner ? If he was as good as you think why was he kept away from the real class. To say Broner is afraid of fighting the best is silly, when you see Scots defenses.
Did you know that when scotty lost the first fight against medina it was widely reported that Scotty too was unwell before the fight & was vomiting in the dressing room before he lost?

Its called excuse making, no matter how you dress it up riggers. Just like your excuse for Naz running like a chicken against McCullough, "but Wayne was younger then! Naz HAD to run to win!!!" Wheras by the time he fought Harrison, you could see in Waynes eyes he was past it, & was already planning a future career dancing in suspenders to Beyonce songs, probably due to brain damage incurred by being hit by a Naz corkscrew uppercut"
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #42
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,652
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Scott was also defending his title at the same time as he was having bevvy troubles. Not many can drink that much and still operate at the top level, I can only imagine how good Scott would have been if he was tee total

The jury is still well and truly out with broner. So far he looks no different to what Andre Berto looked on his rise and we all know how great he was looking. Until you fight regularly at the top its hard to predict how good a young boxer will become.
kerrminator is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #43
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Did you know that when scotty lost the first fight against medina it was widely reported that Scotty too was unwell before the fight & was vomiting in the dressing room before he lost?

Its called excuse making, no matter how you dress it up riggers. Just like your excuse for Naz running like a chicken against McCullough, "but Wayne was younger then! Naz HAD to run to win!!!" Wheras by the time he fought Harrison, you could see in Waynes eyes he was past it, & was already planning a future career dancing in suspenders to Beyonce songs, probably due to brain damage incurred by being hit by a Naz corkscrew uppercut"
Hamed won against a better version than Scot lost to.

Who did Scot fight that Broner would not have beaten. You can even put them at their peaks and not the shadows of themselves Scot lost to or beat if you like.
riggers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #44
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
Harrison was a big strong guy, decent fundamentals. But it was the big and strong that made him. Billy you say Broner is predictable, Harrison was obvious, Burns is predictable, the problem with all 3 is can you over come it. Harrison was awful against Medina, look what a flu ridden Hamed did to him years before ? Broners jab would never miss against Harrison, and his strength would cope with Scots too. Then what is Scot gonna do ?
Scott had the runs the day of that fight and shouldn't have fought,better judged by the rematch when he was spot on
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #45
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 496
Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Scott Harrison

Harrison would thrash Boner. Boner got mauled off a guy called Ponce FFS.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013