Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: I'm really, really glad that Frankie Edgar lost...

Time for Frankie to move on now, take up a new goal. Fairly shit way for Edgars run to end but its not a movie. Henderson is the more proficient fighter, just edged him out.

Frankie vs Aldo, decent fight but edgar is out of place. wouldn't be surprised if he had a break from mma. come back in a year when the scene is fresh again.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #17
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
Time for Frankie to move on now, take up a new goal. Fairly shit way for Edgars run to end but its not a movie. Henderson is the more proficient fighter, just edged him out.

Frankie vs Aldo, decent fight but edgar is out of place. wouldn't be surprised if he had a break from mma. come back in a year when the scene is fresh again.
If this is the case, why do most people feel like Edgar won last night? It's hard to be "edged out" by what most perceive to be the loser.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
If this is the case, why do most people feel like Edgar won last night? It's hard to be "edged out" by what most perceive to be the loser.
TBH, I only read the results. Heard it was close??? Missed the whole event unfortunately as an frankie fan that changes a bit. But either way he isn't getting another shot for a while.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
TBH, I only read the results. Heard it was close??? Missed the whole event unfortunately as an frankie fan that changes a bit. But either way he isn't getting another shot for a while.
That's really what sucks, because he was the rightful winner.

If you get a chance to see the fight, you'll see that round 1 was Hendrson's and round 3 was neck and neck. Rounds 2, 4, and 5 were all Edgar; and they were not close. I don't want you to think Edgar put the "beat down" on him in any of those rounds, but he clearly won them.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #20
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Edgar won this fight. This really sucks. Now I hope Henderson loses to Diaz so Edgar can get a shot at Nate to get his belt back.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #21
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
Edgar won this fight. This really sucks. Now I hope Henderson loses to Diaz so Edgar can get a shot at Nate to get his belt back.
Problem is, he might not get it back.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #22
dranon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2185

Quote:

If you get a chance to see the fight, you'll see that round 1 was Hendrson's and round 3 was neck and neck. Rounds 2, 4, and 5 were all Edgar; and they were not close. I don't want you to think Edgar put the "beat down" on him in any of those rounds, but he clearly won them.
Benson won round 4 and it was close.
dranon is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #23
RSBonos
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Henderson looked just as unimpressive as Edgar in their rematch, even worse he probably lost.
RSBonos is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 03:21 AM   #24
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

In all fairness, Edgar is 2-2-1 since winning the title and is coming off 2 consecutive losses. It sucks about the decision, but it's time the title moved on. He's lost his chance for now IMO. It's just isn 't fair that guys like Nate Diaz, Anthony Pettis, and Donald Cerrone keep playing minor roles in Frankie Edgar: The Movie. The guy can't keep dominating the title picture when he isn't stringing wins together, it just doesn't work like that. Henderson vs Nate Diaz next, the winner to fight the winner of Pettis vs Cerrone, and Frankie is rightfully in the same position now as guys like Shogun Rua and Vitor Belfort and Nick Diaz and Urijah Faber, who need to put a winning run together to earn another shot.

Fortunately for Frankie, he has the 145 option if he wants it, where the path is clearer.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #25
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
In all fairness, Edgar is 2-2-1 since winning the title and is coming off 2 consecutive losses. It sucks about the decision, but it's time the title moved on. He's lost his chance for now IMO. It's just isn 't fair that guys like Nate Diaz, Anthony Pettis, and Donald Cerrone keep playing minor roles in Frankie Edgar: The Movie. The guy can't keep dominating the title picture when he isn't stringing wins together, it just doesn't work like that. Henderson vs Nate Diaz next, the winner to fight the winner of Pettis vs Cerrone, and Frankie is rightfully in the same position now as guys like Shogun Rua and Vitor Belfort and Nick Diaz and Urijah Faber, who need to put a winning run together to earn another shot.

Fortunately for Frankie, he has the 145 option if he wants it, where the path is clearer.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #26
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I've always been really impressed with Edgar. I always felt he was a very underrated fighter before he won the title. But I agree, as dynamic and talented as he is, he doesn't strike me as having that "difference" or "whole nother level" of talent over his challengers, (.e. Jon Jones, Silva, GSP). He'll likely continue to be a threat to the title holder(s), but I don't see him as one of the best title holders of all time.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #27
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post
I've always been really impressed with Edgar. I always felt he was a very underrated fighter before he won the title. But I agree, as dynamic and talented as he is, he doesn't strike me as having that "difference" or "whole nother level" of talent over his challengers, (.e. Jon Jones, Silva, GSP). He'll likely continue to be a threat to the title holder(s), but I don't see him as one of the best title holders of all time.
Agreed. He looked pretty ****ing sensational in the Penn rematch, and it definitely was a great performance, but in hindsight I think BJ had started to become a bit blunted mentally and physically by then. Edgar is a smashing fighter, very very talented, but I agree with you, I don't think he has that special edge on his abilities to be able to continually beat down challengers like Anderson, GSP, Penn, Hughes, Bones etc have done in the organization.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #28
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:

I had it 2-2 going into the 5th. I thought Edgar won the 1st 4 minutes of the 5th. I think Henderson won the last minute. I think the only way you can give the 5th to Henderson is if you weigh that kick to the face very heavy.

They should be 1-1 I think. But Henderson won the 1st fight more clear than Edgar won the 2nd, so none of this bothers me. And I thought Edgar was lucky to get the "w" in the 1st Penn fight, and could've easily lost the 2nd Maynard fight. Edgar has nothing to bitch about. He has been on the favorable side of decisions as well.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #29
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
I had it 2-2 going into the 5th. I thought Edgar won the 1st 4 minutes of the 5th. I think Henderson won the last minute. I think the only way you can give the 5th to Henderson is if you weigh that kick to the face very heavy.

They should be 1-1 I think. But Henderson won the 1st fight more clear than Edgar won the 2nd, so none of this bothers me. And I thought Edgar was lucky to get the "w" in the 1st Penn fight, and could've easily lost the 2nd Maynard fight. Edgar has nothing to bitch about. He has been on the favorable side of decisions as well.
Good post.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #30
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

edgar won 8 of the 10 rounds he fought with henderson. Not to reward him with the decision is flatout discusting.
elmaldito is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum