Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Katie Taylor/Nicola Adams & Women's Pro Boxing

Just a few questions for you all really:

Katie Taylor, has she ever lost a fight?
I noticed she has something like 4 World golds, 9 European golds in addition to Olympic gold. Unreal achievement!

Realistically can pro female boxing catch on in UK/Ireland?
Could you envisage Taylor/Adams headlining a show? Would you buy a ticket for a title shot featuring any of these?

What is the state of the game in the Women's Pro game? Is it bigger in Germany, East Europe or Asia?
Lilo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Katie Taylor/Nicola Adams & Women's Pro Boxing

I dont know true this article is cos like most I know sod all about womens boxing but its a start i guess...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Yeah Katie has "lost" a few in multi-nations to the home fighter and the los time she lost in a major comp was 9 years ago I think, I do think she would headline shows as her popularity over here is unreal after that gold medal win !
moorser is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well for me, after watching the women's boxing at the Olympics I'd certainly go and watch it live. The quality was overall better than the men for me and they deserve all the recognition they get
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Taylor's final was better then most of the mens bouts and just back from football and lads who know nothing about boxing were praising the skill of Adams compared to her male peers.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

she has 6 losses as far as I know. but 3 or 4 of them are walkovers due to injury/illness.
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Taylor-Jonas was the best fight in the whole boxing schedule.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Nicola Adams and Katie Taylor where the fighters of the tournament on a technical level. Only that Cuban kid and maybe the guy who beat Fred Evans was on their level in terms of technical ability.

Joshua was a complete and utter retard, and Ogogo is a trier but he's not spectacular at anything, weather that be technically or physically.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

I think Katie Taylor and Nicola Adams should stay amateur. The amateur game is more highly rated, and possibly with afew sponsorship deals and funding, they can make a decent living from it........also with the new rule changes to the amateur game, it may actually be better for them.

Professional boxing, will never be dominated by women.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't think katie Taylor will go pro.

Her dad/coach doesn't even want her to box anymore. I think he has some persuasion over her. I suspect she will stay amateur and attempt to defend her title in Rio all the while receiving a better amateur contract.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

People would of seen me posting at the beginning of the Olympics, and i was dead against women's boxing in the Olympics. But i was really impressed by the women, and i actually started to support Katie Taylor when i saw that Ireland had won zero medals.

I was pissed off by most of the men's boxing, i think with 6 months training i would push Anthony Ogogo to a close decision.

Technically they just lack talent in my opinion. Anthony Ogogo, seemed to have a issue with space and time awareness. Amateur boxing is mean to be about defence aswell as offense.....

Ogogo defense was to simply cover his head/face with his gloves 95% of the time.

I bigged up this kid, and i honestly think he will do well as a professional fighter. Because he has got the image, and he seems to have a really big heart and allot of determination. But i was not impressed with most of the men's boxing, there was very few good fighters technically.

Savon who was robbed against Joshua stood out like a sore thumb, because almost everyone else was this new type of heavyweight! That people feel you have to be to be a successful heavyweight these days...?

Over 6"5 240+pounds, and able to throw a jab, and a back hand.

What aload of nonsense.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_messi View Post
I don't think katie Taylor will go pro.

Her dad/coach doesn't even want her to box anymore. I think he has some persuasion over her. I suspect she will stay amateur and attempt to defend her title in Rio all the while receiving a better amateur contract.
Do you think she can make a good earning from amateur boxing..? They should bring more money into the sport for the sake of these women

They should be able to make money.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Do you think she can make a good earning from amateur boxing..? They should bring more money into the sport for the sake of these women

They should be able to make money.
I suspect she has been on about 40,000 a year, free car and free sports equipment for the last number of years. That's not so bad. She could probably get 50,000 a year, free car, free equipment and then have other interests, tv, sponsors etc..

She is already doing well with endorsements, she was in a lucozade sports drink add with tiny tempah and that drummer from blink 182. And other such endorsements.

If she was to go pro, that would probably mean a lot would change. I'm not sure she would be comfortable with that and no guarantee to earn bucket loads of money.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

She will make millions from Sponsorship either way, I wouldnt be surprised if Nike come in with a massive sponsorship deal !
moorser is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #15
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

I think 2 more female boxers that could definitely turn pro would be Jona and Underwood.
They both have pro friendly styles.

But remember in Germany and Mexico and US there are already some major figures in womens pro boxing who would fancy there chances against these 4 ladies. Also The Middleclass division in the womens has some great talent.

I don't know but I think if the Uk/Irish Girls can get in the mix with either the German ladies or the US then all of a sudden Womens pro boxing would grow. That said, I'd love to see Jonas v Ochigava in Rio 2016 out of pure curiosity. I think it would be a gret fight.
paddymickey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum