Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 08-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default If I start boxing Amateur again now, could I have a chance at Olympics in 4 years?

I am 24 years old and I want to get back into boxing. I have been out of action due to a knee injury, but I want to get back into it and maybe aim for the 2016 Olympics. I'll be 27 by the time the Olympics comes around next time, as I was born in August. Do you think I have a chance if I train hard ? I already eat clean, don't drink alcohol, don't smoke, and cook all my own healthy food. So that part of my training would be a simple.
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
dogcatcher
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: If I start boxing Amateur again now, could I have a chance at Olympics in 4 years

sure..the special olympics is looking for a late bloomer just like you.
dogcatcher is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109
Default Re: If I start boxing Amateur again now, could I have a chance at Olympics in 4 years

Yes, you'll bring home the gold.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

No. I think you have to be either a well established amateur, or learn very, very quickly to be ready for the '16 olympics. Or successful, anyway....
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

What's your amateur record? How much do you weigh?

We all got dreams; go ahead and chase yours.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

you have more chance of winning the lotto
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
ALTimegreat
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatcher View Post
sure..the special olympics is looking for a late bloomer just like you.
ALTimegreat is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

It will take 100% dedication for you to even come close, unless you are some super talented phenom, but definitely worth a shot. I would rather chase my dreams and fall short than wonder "what if" for the rest of my life.

I hope you take your shot. I hope it works out for you.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

four years of hard hard work and at 24 its going to be difficult, especially if your new to even training, you will have to put in about 5 or 6 hours a day of training, this includes road work, gym work and additional strength and conditioning.
you will have to learn on the fly basically your jumping in the frying pan, by the time the try outs get here you will be 28 and when you get past 25 your body starts to change weather you want it to or not.
it will be harder to make the weight you started out at, and when you move up you usually find that they hit much harder...
Your best chance is to fight as much and as often as you can if you decide to go through with it, you also want tourneys, this way you get fights, allot of times you get matched then the trainer of the other guy gets a bad feeling and leaves with his fighter leaving you with out a match, in the tourneys they have to fight you or they are DQd but if they leave a regular match no DQ win no nothing they can simply waste your time.

Bottom line if your going to do this take it dead serious do not half step anything cut out any and all bad habits and eat sleep shit boxing for the next 4 years
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

For only 22,000 a year, I'll train you.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
StaceeJaxx
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Of course, if you are good enough. Only one way to find out
StaceeJaxx is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 1040

In theory, sure.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Don't listen to these people tell you that you can't do it! I say this in the nicest way it can possibly be said... but this is the reason people are so obese, lazy, sick, depressed, etc. They already predetermine they can't do something, don't try, settle in life, live with regret about not ever trying, and bash and hate others who are willing to try! They bring people down to there level.
I'm behind you 100%. Go for it. Hell, martinez didn't start boxing til his 20s and look at him now at his age. He may be exceptionally athletic and talented, but he had to put the work in. Go for it. Even if you don't make it, you tryed, you worked hard, you'll be in the best shape of your life, and you will have no regret. Best of luck to you
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

I've only just turned 20 so I thought about this, then I remembered that the second I get hit on the jaw my jaw goes. So I swerved this potential life off.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #15
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenal View Post
Don't listen to these people tell you that you can't do it! I say this in the nicest way it can possibly be said... HIRE SJS19!!!!

SJS19 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing