Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #16
jcairns1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: O'sulivan/Hall rematch off!

I had Hall winning by 3 rounds, O'Sullivan wasn't doing enough for a lot of the rounds and was being outworked.
jcairns1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #17
UP93
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
being patriotic eh!?

So were the 3 British judges and the British reporters for Boxing Scene and Boxing News a bunch of biased raving Fenian bassas as well?

Anyway, I had it a draw and posted my full R-by-R scorecard here after the fight.

Too many limp brained mongs swayed by the commentary on BoxNation, funny that the majority of those actually at the fight and not connected with the fighters didnt actually think Matt won.

But of course ESB knows better!

Erm, I was at the fight and scored it for Hall then too, the only fans i've seen score the fight for Hall are Irish, please find me a majority of people there that thought Hall lost? And the judges are often swayed by someone's 0 just as much as being from the same country. And so what 2 media sources thought Spike won?

You really are pathetic and the fact that out of several people in this thread it's just 2 Irishmen who thought O'Sullivan won.

EDIT: That's also forgetting that you're considered a joke on here for your constant Pro-Irish leanings to the point it clearly affects your judgement.
UP93 is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #18
adam249390
a249390
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
being patriotic eh!?

So were the 3 British judges and the British reporters for Boxing Scene and Boxing News a bunch of biased raving Fenian bassas as well?

Anyway, I had it a draw and posted my full R-by-R scorecard here after the fight.

Too many limp brained mongs swayed by the commentary on BoxNation, funny that the majority of those actually at the fight and not connected with the fighters didnt actually think Matt won.

But of course ESB knows better!

i was at the fight and though Hall won, then when i watched it on the tele I still had it to Hall.
Get your head out of O'sullivans arse you tool, stop banging on about the judges,this shows what type of a man o'sullivan is.By refusing a rematch to a fighter who won him at middleweight and is willing to go to ireland to fight him shows o'sullivan knows Hall has his number, and if this was at light middle Hall dominates even more.
adam249390 is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
GladiatoR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1586

Didn't think O'Sullivan won the first so I'm not surprised he doesn't want to give Hall another go.
GladiatoR is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #20
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2323

I gave the first fight to O'Sullivan, 116-113 IIRC
KidJackal is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
rocky1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1397

Hall won the first fight clearly.
rocky1 is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #22
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

If hall won so clearly how come boxing news and monthly had spike winning the fight.because theyre biased irish mags?
moorser is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #23
avona bc coach
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 511

i thought spike won the first fight by 2 rounds with the cleaner boxing but this a shame the rematch is not going ahead because the 1st one was a good fight ,,, but that seems to be boxing at the moment lots off fights off this year for one reason or another
avona bc coach is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #24
snake-hips
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I had O'Sullivan just winning it - certainly not biased towards him as never seen him before & actually fan of Matty's.

It was close but certainly not a robbery.

There was another thread about this fight at the time & came away having read it wondering if I had scored it wrong.

However as said above, then read Boxing News & they had it clearly to O'Sullivan (much more than I did).

Anyway guess we all see & score for different things -

Personally I think Matty seems lacklustre, I hadnt realised till it was mentioned in BN that he's now lost 5 out of his last 7.

What is he aiming for?

He doesnt seem as dangerous or venomous in his punching (remember him ko'ing Kerry Hoped & Bradley Pryce).

If he still wants it I would think he should perhaps look at changing camps & get some competitive sparring.

BTW, was the original fight for a title?

Cant really see the fuss about not having the rematch, it was hardly a classic.
I'm sure if the money was right both lads would be up for it.
snake-hips is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2012, 04:41 AM   #25
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP93 View Post
Erm, I was at the fight and scored it for Hall then too, the only fans i've seen score the fight for Hall are Irish, please find me a majority of people there that thought Hall lost? And the judges are often swayed by someone's 0 just as much as being from the same country. And so what 2 media sources thought Spike won?

You really are pathetic and the fact that out of several people in this thread it's just 2 Irishmen who thought O'Sullivan won.

EDIT: That's also forgetting that you're considered a joke on here for your constant Pro-Irish leanings to the point it clearly affects your judgement.
You could say that "out of several people in this thread it's just Englishmen who thought Hall won." But of course that would take you to engage your brain.

p.s. I didnt have O'Sullivan winning, I had it a draw!

p.p.s. As for my "Pro-Irish leanings" I will generally support an Irish fighter over someone else but it never effects my judgement. If you can provide examples to the alternative then I would be happy to look at them, but of course that wont help your spurious argument.

p.p.s. "And so what 2 media sources thought Spike won?"

Well, the "so what" is that they aint Irish and likely aint biased and if they had any bias it would most likely be with Hall who is a seasoned campaigner, known to journalists and very popular on the circuit.

slapbangwhallop is online now  Top
Old 08-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #26
Woodworm
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

To be fair Slap, I'm Scottish and thought Hall won, so it's not just English fans who think it. It was close though and O'Sullivan is a bitching out of the rematch, which is disappointing.
Woodworm is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #27
Paddy85
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP93 View Post

You've embarrassed yourself too much on the Olympic boxing to be having a go at anyone for being biased. 2 Irish people had O'Sullivan winning, but where do you think the people that had Hall winning are from?

I didn't see the fight, so I'm not standing up for the decision.
Paddy85 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum