Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default is brad pitt 'washed up' ?

bad officiating in the oganov fight turned a wake up call for pitt, and a ko win for oganov into a murderous slugfest with one of the worst refereeing performances in recent australian boxing history.

one couldnt blame pitt for not wanting to go through that again. he may well now be 'gun shy'.

is pitt washed up, as one of his sparring partners has suggested?

swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: is brad pitt 'washed up' ?

Why are you still talking about a fight that happened 6 months ago..... get over it.

I know who is washed up............ SALLY
kel is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Why are you still talking about a fight that happened 6 months ago..... get over it.

I know who is washed up............ SALLY
its obvious to many that you are a fool. it takes TIME to see the result of a hard fight on a boxers motivation.

**** youre stupid kkkel. and as for washing, how bout you wash the shirt youre wearing with all the dribble and foodstains on it.....
swingin is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He is ranked 17 in the WBC rankings, its time for him to step it up, no doubt.
Shane cameron is ranked 19, Kayode is 18 and Green 21.... not sure how he is rated higher than them
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Shane cameron is ranked 19, Kayode is 18 and Green 21.... not sure how he is rated higher than them
cameron would smash Pitt to bits... not sure how he is rated higher either, most likely has been playing the ratings game m8, sometimes its not about what you know but who you know in boxnig.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

He needs to step up his level of opposition IMO. A L on your record is not the end of the world if you progress as a fighter.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Whos got the L Stifler? or your implying that his people are concern of stepping him up incase he gets that L on his record?

Its all about the diet m8.. padded record with that ranking is a recipe for danger, its the same thing that happen to Nader Hamdan, padded up his record and when the wolfs come a calling he got offers to fight in Germany, Canada etc, took the offers as they were his biggest paydays back then and got fcked up pretty dam bad. Arthur Abraham busted him up badly and Otiss Grant just played with him the entire time, was WAY out of his league all due to the diet he had been on.

The same thing will happen to Pitt and he knows it, if he didnt well he sure as sht did after getting fcked up by a bloated up Oganov.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #8
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Always hard to make sense of the alphabet ratings. You'll also see Branco Silvio is at no.3 having beaten a european journeyman for the international belt, Garret Wilson and Ran Nakash all ahead of him.

As for the retirement rumours, he may have hit a low point after the Casey fight, but he is now back to full training, has an upcoming fight date and tweeted his movement up the WBC rankings. Doesnt sound like a bloke pondering retirement.

I might have to begrudgingly agree with TC. Perhaps a new trainer might be the solution? I wonder how many boxers stay with their trainer out of loyalty, to their own detriment.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #9
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Whos got the L Stifler? or your implying that his people are concern of stepping him up incase he gets that L on his record?

Its all about the diet m8.. padded record with that ranking is a recipe for danger, its the same thing that happen to Nader Hamdan, padded up his record and when the wolfs come a calling he got offers to fight in Germany, Canada etc, took the offers as they were his biggest paydays back then and got fcked up pretty dam bad. Arthur Abraham busted him up badly and Otiss Grant just played with him the entire time, was WAY out of his league all due to the diet he had been on.

The same thing will happen to Pitt and he knows it, if he didnt well he sure as sht did after getting fcked up by a bloated up Oganov.
Yes. No offence to Oganov or Casey but he should be fighting better opponents. If that means suffering a loss so be it. He has a very good amateur pedigree he should be fighting better fighters.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #10
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
He needs to step up his level of opposition IMO. A L on your record is not the end of the world if you progress as a fighter.
dead right.

leapai got beat recently. but because of the quality of opponent, it isnt a bad L.

pitt was beat by oganov, it was an L that officials were afraid to give him. a decision that may have ended him.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 02:46 AM   #11
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Yes. No offence to Oganov or Casey but he should be fighting better opponents. If that means suffering a loss so be it. He has a very good amateur pedigree he should be fighting better fighters.
if he barely gets past a washed up oganov midget, i wonder whether he is ready to step up any higher.

he SHOULD give oganov a rematch if he wanted it, and prove he has learnt something imo.

oganov is a very credible opponent, but not for a giant of a cruiserweight.

it looked like a an overweight jockey fighting nickolai valuev, lol.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 02:51 AM   #12
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

the fight with oganov showed a bit of a soft chin, in the am's u can get away with pure speed which pitt has got,but to get anywhere in the pro's u gotta have a bit more than that
bluey is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #13
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
if he barely gets past a washed up oganov midget, i wonder whether he is ready to step up any higher.

he SHOULD give oganov a rematch if he wanted it, and prove he has learnt something imo.

oganov is a very credible opponent, but not for a giant of a cruiserweight.

it looked like a an overweight jockey fighting nickolai valuev, lol.
Pitt by all accounts was a very good amateur. He wasn't impressive in that fight or the Casey fight. I think he has gone as far as he can in Australia. An Oganov rematch is pointless and does nothing for him. It would be like Kirkland rematching Ishida. I don't know what his circumstances are,he may be married,have kids,work outside boxing I don't know. With Forsyth retired and playing Cowboys and Indians,Cronje and Ammann fighting for OZ CW title Ammann won't rematch him. Don't know whats happened to Neiman, he's regressing as a fighter IMO.
If it's possible he should go overseas,become a sparring partner for good fighters he's stagnating here. But again who knows his circumstances and if that's possible. I think it's make or break for Brad hope he can go onward and make some noise internationally.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #14
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Pitt by all accounts was a very good amateur. He wasn't impressive in that fight or the Casey fight. I think he has gone as far as he can in Australia. An Oganov rematch is pointless and does nothing for him. It would be like Kirkland rematching Ishida. I don't know what his circumstances are,he may be married,have kids,work outside boxing I don't know. With Forsyth retired and playing Cowboys and Indians,Cronje and Ammann fighting for OZ CW title Ammann won't rematch him. Don't know whats happened to Neiman, he's regressing as a fighter IMO.
If it's possible he should go overseas,become a sparring partner for good fighters he's stagnating here. But again who knows his circumstances and if that's possible. I think it's make or break for Brad hope he can go onward and make some noise internationally.
Totally agree mate
Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #15
Sydney2000
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

The reason Pitt is ranked higher is because he hasn't been beat.if he gets beat he will soon drop in rankings.i think we are being a bit hard on him yeah his fought a few bums.his last couple of fights haven't been great even tho he did show some signs of class.i think we are forgetting he has still only boxed 40 odd rounds he destroyed Amman looked pretty good against siali.Im the first to admit he should start to step up now.but its not what easy do u think Cameron would have fought him after 6or7 fights no chance nothing in it for Cameron so Pitt had to get some fights under his belt before anyone internationally would look at him.now that his ranked 17 and has had 13 fights people may now look at him.i think Pitt is a very classy Cw and if he puts it together will be very dangerous. Would he beat Cameron now i don't no.but with a couple more fights i reckon Pitt kills him
Sydney2000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum