Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #16
bruiserh

vCash:
Default Re: is brad pitt 'washed up' ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2000 View Post
The reason Pitt is ranked higher is because he hasn't been beat.if he gets beat he will soon drop in rankings.i think we are being a bit hard on him yeah his fought a few bums.his last couple of fights haven't been great even tho he did show some signs of class.i think we are forgetting he has still only boxed 40 odd rounds he destroyed Amman looked pretty good against siali.Im the first to admit he should start to step up now.but its not what easy do u think Cameron would have fought him after 6or7 fights no chance nothing in it for Cameron so Pitt had to get some fights under his belt before anyone internationally would look at him.now that his ranked 17 and has had 13 fights people may now look at him.i think Pitt is a very classy Cw and if he puts it together will be very dangerous. Would he beat Cameron now i don't no.but with a couple more fights i reckon Pitt kills him

Cameron wont come back to CW now that Green isnt there, so it's hypothetical. So really, there's not too much left for him here in Aus as opposition.

If pitt tightens that defence and learns to keep agressive fighters at a distance he'll be a massive force. He too easy finds himself worked into the ropes by these guys. Anyone studying his fights is going to try to exploit this. Cautious fighters like ammann find themselves in trouble against Pitt's combos, speed and power.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #17
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
Cameron wont come back to CW now that Green isnt there, so it's hypothetical. So really, there's not too much left for him here in Aus as opposition.

If pitt tightens that defence and learns to keep agressive fighters at a distance he'll be a massive force. He too easy finds himself worked into the ropes by these guys. Anyone studying his fights is going to try to exploit this. Cautious fighters like ammann find themselves in trouble against Pitt's combos, speed and power.
sry to sound like a critical bch but Danny hasnt moved down from CW, whats reported and whats actually true arent the same, he hasnt even come close to making LHW and is fighting at CW still, just advertising that he is LHW doesnt mean he is a LHW but i do agree, no point in cameron hanging about the CW division if Danny wont fight him, that is the only reason he moved down to CW in the first place, was promised a fight against Green that never eventuated because Green fans didnt want the fight, public response wasnt crash hot so it never went ahead.

Pitt also used to find himself on the ropes in the amateurs and boxes himself off the ropes but in the pros he gasses out to early and become lazy and tends to want to sit his bum on the ropes, if he can keep moving and not rely on boxing off the ropes all the time he would do alot better.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

pitt can compete in rio. see other thread. it may be his way forward, and a way to motivate him..
swingin is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #19
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Pitt gave up on the amateurs for a reason Sally, he could have been competing at the London games but decided not to and turned pro instead. Amateur boxing isnt going to motivate anyone, he couldnt win gold back then so he wont be able to win gold now lol, the pro CWs will demolish him.. do you even think before you post half the dribble you write on here?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #20
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Pitt gave up on the amateurs for a reason Sally, he could have been competing at the London games but decided not to and turned pro instead. Amateur boxing isnt going to motivate anyone, he couldnt win gold back then so he wont be able to win gold now lol, the pro CWs will demolish him.. do you even think before you post half the dribble you write on here?
can you think of another way forward for him?

YOU talk about posting dribble....
swingin is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #21
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

yes, i an others have mention his way forward, find a new trainer and head to the states, going back to the amateurs wont solve a thing for Pitt lol. Read sht on here b4 you get all excited and start up new threads.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #22
Benji
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Has Dom Vea retired?
I would like to see Pitt v Vea.
Benji is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #23
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2000 View Post
The reason Pitt is ranked higher is because he hasn't been beat.if he gets beat he will soon drop in rankings.i think we are being a bit hard on him yeah his fought a few bums.his last couple of fights haven't been great even tho he did show some signs of class.i think we are forgetting he has still only boxed 40 odd rounds he destroyed Amman looked pretty good against siali.Im the first to admit he should start to step up now.but its not what easy do u think Cameron would have fought him after 6or7 fights no chance nothing in it for Cameron so Pitt had to get some fights under his belt before anyone internationally would look at him.now that his ranked 17 and has had 13 fights people may now look at him.i think Pitt is a very classy Cw and if he puts it together will be very dangerous. Would he beat Cameron now i don't no.but with a couple more fights i reckon Pitt kills him
Correct me if I am wrong but I think he fought Siale only a few weeks after Oscar and Dom absolutely belted the shit out of each other in an absolute bloodbath. As for Cameron he fought Ammann on the Green-Briggs U/C at 95kg I think you will find and though I didn't see his fight with McCracken I read an article that scored it a draw and some here that did see it scored it for Anthony. He did well against Vea on the Tarver U/C but I think Pitt is better than Vea normally. I give him a great chance against Cameron if you disregard his last 2 fights and write them off as bad nights at the office.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 04:26 AM   #24
HamburgBuam
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Pitt has to work whit Emanuel Steward or Fritz Sdunek. He needs a coach, who can tell him, how to hold the distance. i think Pitt is a nice talent. He showed heart against Oganov.

Last edited by HamburgBuam; 08-16-2012 at 10:02 AM.
HamburgBuam is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #25
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamburgBuam View Post
Pitt has to workt whit Emanuel Steward or Fritz Sdunek. He needs a coach, who can tell him, how to hold the distance. i think Pitt is a nice talent. He showed heart against Oganov.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #26
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamburgBuam View Post
Pitt has to work whit Emanuel Steward or Fritz Sdunek. He needs a coach, who can tell him, how to hold the distance. i think Pitt is a nice talent. He showed heart against Oganov.
i don't think so.

he was looking for a way out when he was in trouble. go watch it again if u need to.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #27
Gorilla Arms
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

pitt destroyed oganov
Gorilla Arms is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #28
oba carr
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
i don't think so.

he was looking for a way out when he was in trouble. go watch it again if u need to.
That is such a bullshit call "he was looking for a way out when he was in trouble." If he wanted out he would have quit, or climbed out of the ring but he didnt, he did what he had to do to stay in there. I ask you this, what do YOU do when your in trouble against a noted puncher. I bet in your mind you would react Arturo Gatti but in reality you would b out of there in a flash.
oba carr is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #29
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

few bias opnions on this thread, ask yourselfs a few questions..

Why wasnt Pitts corner warned for interference?
How many people was Oganov fighting against?
Why wasnt Pitt warned for pushing, holding yet Oganov gets warned for an accidental punch behind the head when throwing a hook?
Why wasnt Pitt counted out?

To much bias in boxing in Australia and it ruins the sport.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAk_U9jVahw[/ame]

Pitt will NEVER be the same again after this fight.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #30
Gorilla Arms
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

oganov was slapped silly massive win for pitt very decisive
Gorilla Arms is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum