Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #16
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do you believe Mike Tyson completely dodged Bowe and Foreman?

Mandatory im not sure of..but it still doesnt give a real reason why he ducked Foreman....and Bowe
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #17
salty trunks
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think Foreman would admit to this day he was scared of Tyson. He had a chance to fight Tyson and wouldnt sign with King, so he used that as an excuse to avoid Tyson, just like he did with avoiding Holmes. Foreman knew his limitations. I remember him saying he wanted no part of Bowe either. Foreman would have gotten hurt badly by the likes of Tyson, Bowe and Lewis. They were just too big and powerful and he was too easy to hit.
salty trunks is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #18
Lord Tywin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Tyson did not avoid Foreman and Bowe. What tripe.
Lord Tywin is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #19
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
So you do believe Tyson was afraid of Foreman??

Tyson's team probably thought of Foreman as being part of the 'who needs him' brigade. If Tyson had beaten the ageing George,it would have been "So what" And if he'd have lost to an old man,Tyson's image would have been shot to shreds.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #20
salty trunks
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie G View Post
Tyson's team probably thought of Foreman as being part of the 'who needs him' brigade. If Tyson had beaten the ageing George,it would have been "So what" And if he'd have lost to an old man,Tyson's image would have been shot to shreds.
At the time though, King really didnt have too many big money fights for Tyson. After losing to Douglas, King lost control of the title. He was supposed to fight Henry Tillman as a comeback fight and then fight Foreman. Foreman only signed a one fight deal with King and after the Tillman fight of which Foreman was on the undercard, King provided Foreman with a multifight deal with the Tyson fight next and Foreman balked. I dont know about it being a so what fight, Foreman was a huge name and like the Holmes and Spinks fight, it would have represented a huge payday to both King and Tyson and King had no interest in working with Holyfield because he was signed to Main Events. The fact that King put Tyson in with Razor Ruddock twice, proves to me at least, he didnt care about putting Tyson in any danger of losing or in a tough fight, as long as he controlled the action on both sides.
salty trunks is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #21
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty trunks View Post
At the time though, King really didnt have too many big money fights for Tyson. After losing to Douglas, King lost control of the title. He was supposed to fight Henry Tillman as a comeback fight and then fight Foreman. Foreman only signed a one fight deal with King and after the Tillman fight of which Foreman was on the undercard, King provided Foreman with a multifight deal with the Tyson fight next and Foreman balked. I dont know about it being a so what fight, Foreman was a huge name and like the Holmes and Spinks fight, it would have represented a huge payday to both King and Tyson and King had no interest in working with Holyfield because he was signed to Main Events. The fact that King put Tyson in with Razor Ruddock twice, proves to me at least, he didnt care about putting Tyson in any danger of losing or in a tough fight, as long as he controlled the action on both sides.
Your dead wrong...
Old 08-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #22
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I'm pretty sure Bowe wanted nothing to do with Tyson at least that one is clear who really knows in regards to Foreman.
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

@Salty trunks....At the time there was nothing but big money fights out there for Tyson...ex, Holyfield, Morrison, Bowe, Forman, And the fact that he fought Ruddock twice has no sway in this subject...Fact of the matter is Tyson ducked Foreman, not the other way around...Which baffles me cause Ive always believed he would have beaten Foreman at the time...and in brutal fashion. Its Riddick Bowe who I think had a very good chance of handin Tyson his ass...
Old 08-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #24
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Prime Tyson and even a post Douglas version of Tyson would kill Old Foreman. Post prison I'd still favor him.
Yes but what about Bowe???
Old 08-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #25
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
To be honest, I doubt Foreman was "scared" of Tyson.
No. I believe it was the other way around..
Old 08-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #26
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadcapMaxie View Post
I'm pretty sure Bowe wanted nothing to do with Tyson at least that one is clear who really knows in regards to Foreman.

What in the world would make you think Bowe was afraid of Tyson...Bowe was a beast and he knew...And he fought everyone else...So im not really sure if what you said id opinion or your just straight makin it up???
Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #27
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
What in the world would make you think Bowe was afraid of Tyson...Bowe was a beast and he knew...And he fought everyone else...So im not really sure if what you said id opinion or your just straight makin it up???
Im pretty damn sure it was Bowe who admitted he was afraid of Tyson and said if he saw Tyson in the street he'd cross the road.

Fought everyone else? Like Lewis?

Bowe was a tough customer, good hard jab, good chin, good power, good inside fighting for such a big man and when he bothered to train could get into good condition but seriously he wouldn't last against Tyson.
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #28
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
I dont think Tyson was scared of anyone. I believe that by the time the 90s dawned and those better heavyweights were coming on the scene Mike was also going through mental problems.

Not sure he ever really recoverd from the Robin Givens shit. Jimmy Jacobs dying and all the drama that caused.

Bottem line is I dont think Mike Tyson really wanted to fight anymore after Douglas. Even a little before that. Ofcourse he went on because he could make a ton of $ and it was expected of him. The love of the game wasnt there and the hunger certainly wasnt there.

Being with King made things worse all the way around.
Mmmmmm thats either a really well thought out post, or Tinkerbell was a *****.

Foreman Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook!
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #29
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685

One thing which is never mentioned when talking about Tyson ducking foreman, is that Tyson absolutely idolised the historical greats Dempsey, Louis, Ali, Frazier and Tyson. I have heard all the rumours and stories, but regardless of anything else, there is a high chance that Tyson would have KOd Foreman. Rocky Marciano had to do it to one of his idols, I am certain that if Possible Tyson would have liked to avoid having to do it to one of his.
Boilermaker is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #30
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

That still doesnt explain why he dodged Bowe...But you do bring up a valid point about Tyson idolizing Foreman...But he Adored Larry Holmes too and look what he did to him..

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum