Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Talking @ProspectBoxing Pr 'The Specials'ft tonight@ Rivals Gym,Wishaw Tixs £30 on Door **

Latest Press Release guys , and a run down on our new signings.

We Really are trying to grow the stable and give boxing in scotland a shot in the arm

Quote:
Prospect Boxing announces new signings and October 6th Show and confirm the signing of Rhys Pagan and Mark Parvin

After the summer break, Prospect Boxing today confirmed that its next show will again be at the Rivals Gym on sat October 6th 2012. While professional boxing takes its traditional break over the summer months, Prospect owner Paul Graham has been busy making plans for the next season including a few new signings who will be making their debut on the October 6th Show,which is called “The Specials”

Having had two fights already, Sanquhar's Rhys Pagan (2-0) will return to action on the show ,fighting for the first time as a Prospect fighter .”I am quite excited to be working with such a young fighter who is keen to progress”explained Paul. “The plan with Rhys is to keep him busy, he’s working with his coach Sammy Williams,and between the both of us I am confident we can guide him to success. As an amateur fighter, Rhys picked up an bronze medal at the youth commonwealth games,so that shows he has the potential to be a star”

Also making a debut, but this time it will be his pro debut on the same card is local fighter Mark Parvin. A five time Scottish amateur and six time Western district champion, Parvin will fight in the Welterweight division and his promoter thinks his hard hitting will make people take notice “What I have seen from his training, and from his amateur videos Mark has a hard punch on him. This and the fact he had a good amateur background ,I don’t think it will be long before people take notice of him” He adds “ He is only nineteen so were not going to rush him, I just hope that once the word gets out about him that we don’t have problems with getting him fights”

After nearly a 4 year hiatus,Ryan Scott looks to start over again in the paid ranks .After a long time out ,Graham explains his approach “While he has been out, Ryan has found his appetite for boxing and wants to give it another go,because of the time out ,and if the fights go well then I plan to fast track him. I feel he has the ability to shine and make up for lost time.”

In addition to the three new signings,completing the line up are undefeated flyweight Iain Butcher (4-0) and Kris Hughes (15-2), who will be fighting in a Lightweight contest.

Prospect Boxing are pleased to their next show “The Specials” on Sat October 6th 2012 at Rivals Gym, Wishaw. In action will be Iain Butcher,Kris “Badger” Hughes,Mark Parvin,Rhys Pagan and Ryan Scott. Tickets are priced £30 and are available from the fighters themselves or by calling 01698 338888. Further information is available from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], or on Twitter @ProspectBoxing and on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
alba is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Default Re: Prospect Boxing:New signings and October 6th Show and confirm the signing of

Sorry that should have read Sammy Mullan as Pagans trainer
alba is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Default Re: Prospect Boxing:New signings and October 6th Show and confirm the signing of

Update

rhys Pagan now takes on Matt Seawright

and Mark Parvin takes on Sid Razak

Its lookign likely Iain butcher will compete in his first 8 round fight against an international opponent .
alba is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Default Re: **Prospect Boxing Present 'The Specials' ft Butcher,Hughes,Parvin and Pagan at Ri

Here is the latest poster !

Thoughts please!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
alba is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 05:53 AM   #5
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Default Re: **Prospect Boxing Present 'The Specials' ft Butcher,Hughes,Parvin and Pagan at Ri

Opponent update

Iain Butcher v Galin Paunov 8 x 3 -first time over 8 rounds, getting an opponent over the desired rounds has been a bit of a nightmare !

Kris Hughes v Yordan Vasilev 6 x3 - Good test for highes agaisnt a two time international Masters challenger who also has been in with a few decent British fighters

as always thoughts please ?
alba is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
Opponent update

Iain Butcher v Galin Paunov 8 x 3 -first time over 8 rounds, getting an opponent over the desired rounds has been a bit of a nightmare !

Kris Hughes v Yordan Vasilev 6 x3 - Good test for highes agaisnt a two time international Masters challenger who also has been in with a few decent British fighters

as always thoughts please ?
whats the venue like I've been told its a bit small?
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
bigjoet
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: **Prospect Boxing Present 'The Specials'ft Butcher,Hughes,Parvin,Pagan at Rivals

Galin Paunov gets stopped Butcher easy
bigjoet is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
bigjoet
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: **Prospect Boxing Present 'The Specials'ft Butcher,Hughes,Parvin,Pagan at Rivals

Yordan Vasilev i dont see this as a Big test for Hughes but more like to see how copes at the new weight a win for hughes
bigjoet is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
whats the venue like I've been told its a bit small?
Its used more by kickboxing fights Billy,its only the second pro boxing fight , holds about 200 -250 fully set up im lead to believe. I liked the last show as the closeness of the venue cert added to the atmosphere, that sometimes are lost in a gym hall etc .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoet View Post
Galin Paunov gets stopped Butcher easy
He has vowed to give him a tough fight, his record is 2-3 and fights Luke Wilton this weekend over 6 x3 's. I can personally tell you mate ,it has been a nightmare to get an opponent for the 8x3's for this fight ,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoet View Post
Yordan Vasilev i dont see this as a Big test for Hughes but more like to see how copes at the new weight a win for hughes
Fair point mate, remember hes fighting on the 15th in London against a guy whos Boxrec record has him with a 12 fights 12 knockouts ,so this will be his second fight at the weight ,but it will maybe take a few figths to get comfterable with the weigh .
alba is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

change of opponent for Iain butcher he now takes on Stefan Slavchev over 8 x 3.

Mark Parvin now takes on Sid razack over 6x 2 's

As usual any thouhgts
alba is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

change of opponent for Ryan Scott. Now takes on Duncan Cottier
alba is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
Sorry that should have read Sammy Mullan as Pagans trainer
Sam Mullen
1969 is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #13
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 View Post
Sam Mullen
I will get there mate !
alba is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #14
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Maybe not a surprise,but more confirmation really.

Kris Hughes is off the card,with Mark Bett v Billy Campbell taking its place.This is the pro debut of Billy Campbell .

More to follow .
alba is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #15
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: **Prospect Boxing Present 'The Specials'ft Butcher,Parvin,Pagan at Rivals Gym Wis

Not trying to be a prick, but theres not even remotely a competitive fight on the bill.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum