Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru

vCash: 334
Default castillo vs mayweather 1

i watched the castillo/mayweather fights last nite for the 1st time in 2 or 3 years,&now more than ever i believe castillo won the 1st fight,wot do u think?
warrior85 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: castillo vs mayweather 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior85
i watched the castillo/mayweather fights last nite for the 1st time in 2 or 3 years,&now more than ever i believe castillo won the 1st fight,wot do u think?

TO END ALL OF THIS DUMB HOOPLAH. IF YOU DONT LIKE MAYWEATHER. THEN CASTILLO WON. YOU, IN YOUR BIASED MIND CANNOT GIVE A CLOSE FIGHT TO HIM. IF YOU LOOK AT THE FIGHT, NEITHER DOMINATED OFTEN....EXCEPT..FLOYD EARLY...HE BEAT CASTILLO ROUNDS 1-4 EASILY. DUMB MERCHANT GAVE THE 3RD TO CASTILLO WHEN HE DID NOT LAND ANY PUNCHES AT ALL. ROUNDS 7,8,9 CASTILLO WON CLEARLY ROUNDS 1-4 AND 11 FLOYD WON JUST AS CLEAR. 5 ROUNDS TO 3 CLEAR AND THE REST WAS CLOSE. IF YOU LISTEN TO THE COMMENTATERS AFTER THE ROUNDS WERE OVER THEY HAD TO THINK ABOUT WHO THEY GAVE THE CLOSE ROUNDS TO. BY NO MEANS WAS IT A CLEAR DESCISION FOR CASTILLO. HE PUNCHED ALOT MORE BUT LANDED ALOT LESS. FLOYD JABBED HIM ALL NIGHT AND TOOK CONTROL EARLY AND ESPECIALLY LATE.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Clear and cut decision for Castillo, i have no idea why people think Mayweather won cause he did absolutely nothing from like round 6 on...
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru

vCash: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
TO END ALL OF THIS DUMB HOOPLAH. IF YOU DONT LIKE MAYWEATHER. THEN CASTILLO WON. YOU, IN YOUR BIASED MIND CANNOT GIVE A CLOSE FIGHT TO HIM. IF YOU LOOK AT THE FIGHT, NEITHER DOMINATED OFTEN....EXCEPT..FLOYD EARLY...HE BEAT CASTILLO ROUNDS 1-4 EASILY. DUMB MERCHANT GAVE THE 3RD TO CASTILLO WHEN HE DID NOT LAND ANY PUNCHES AT ALL. ROUNDS 7,8,9 CASTILLO WON CLEARLY ROUNDS 1-4 AND 11 FLOYD WON JUST AS CLEAR. 5 ROUNDS TO 3 CLEAR AND THE REST WAS CLOSE. IF YOU LISTEN TO THE COMMENTATERS AFTER THE ROUNDS WERE OVER THEY HAD TO THINK ABOUT WHO THEY GAVE THE CLOSE ROUNDS TO. BY NO MEANS WAS IT A CLEAR DESCISION FOR CASTILLO. HE PUNCHED ALOT MORE BUT LANDED ALOT LESS. FLOYD JABBED HIM ALL NIGHT AND TOOK CONTROL EARLY AND ESPECIALLY LATE.
im not biased,you seem pretty biased tho,i just think castillo did more to win the fight,no bias just my opinion of the fight
warrior85 is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Castillo won. It's a lot like the two fights between Duran and Leonard. PBF clearly won the second fight, and easily. Just like Leonard did. But the first fight belonged to the Latin fighter in each case. PBF hasn't had a legitimate '0' in years.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose FM
Clear and cut decision for Castillo, i have no idea why people think Mayweather won cause he did absolutely nothing from like round 6 on...
Neither did Castillo, the only rounds castillo landed a punch was 7-9 all the rest of the time he was aggressive but not hitting shit. Arms shoulders dont count. Floyd did not land anything powerful until 10-11 he was just jabbing. which was landing clean. Listen to Castillo's corner they knew he was losing. So I agree to disagree
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 497

Castillo; a clear decision. Mayweather has never looked more out of his comfort zone than in that fight. I am a fan of both so I am not biased bagainst Floyd by any means.
jopez707 is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 04:41 PM   #8
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

For me it all sways on whether you call that KD a KD or not. The ref didn't call it, so I have it a draw. But I think it was a KD and should have been called. If the ref calls the KD, its a win for Castillo IMO.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #9
BxN
Paranoid Android
ESB Jr Member

7-5 Castillo.

No robbery or whatsoever but Castillo did more than Floyd.
BxN is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 05:18 PM   #10
RAMPAGE0017
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I gave it to Castillo.
RAMPAGE0017 is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #11
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Floyd is so overrated
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #12
dru
Journeyman

i gave the fight 2 castillo as well... just my opinion but i cant stand floyd so i guess my opinion doesnt count... but 2nd fight floyd clearly won..
dru is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:42 PM   #13
DonPrestige
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty

Its a shame your so right. When it comes to a fighter like Floyd people cant bring themselves to not judge a fight with no bias against him. Case in point DLH. Whats funny people keep saying e's not that good because he doesnt outclass opponents but just out points them.

NEWSFLASH: Its because he's facing better competition as time goes along.

Even joe louis couldnt destroy everybody.
DonPrestige is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #14
Shareef
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I feel the first Castillo Mayweather fight was a draw or one point either way. I forget which round it was i'll have to check my scorecard again i remember writing it down i gave to castillo but the round could have gone either way and if someone scored that round for mayweather he would have won according to my scorecard. Personally i scored the fight 1 point advantage for Castillo.
Shareef is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #15
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Floyd one, it was close though, but Floyd won.
nervousxtian is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum