Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #46
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
I have been around the sport since its infancy. I still remember renting the first ultimite fighter tapes with my friend it was pretty cool way back then it reminded me of the movie blood sport. I have forgotten more about fighting then most people will ever know.
Eventually, every MMA argument leads to this.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #47
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 3450
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf View Post
I'm a huge Fedor fan. I'm Russian. Fedor was out.

With that said, Fedor hasn't had the kernel of badass in him for very long time. Fedor that fought Tim Sylvia was already not the same person. He got religious, calmed down, made a ton of money, now he can support his family. Investment in business, plus he built a huge sports center. He's set and he doesn't even need that much money to be content, which Dana White will never in his life understand. He hasn't had the same drive for a very long time now.
Yea the Tim Sylivia fight is a good example, Fedor took a whole 19 secs to win the fight while Mercer took a mere 9.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #48
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
He took a couple punches and thats it. I have seen fighters take much worse beatings that Herb Dean has alowed to go on.

Many people don't understand that sometimes to get out of hold downs and other situations you have to first relax your body and then explode.

It was to early to say if Fedor was hurt or not and someone with Fedor's toughness should have been given the benefit of the doubt.

If you watch the video closly you will see that Henderson uses his body weight to collapse Fedor to the ground.
Fedor was knocked out. Briefly, but he lost consciousness from a Henderson strike. If you are knocked out, you have lost the fight and it needs to be stopped. End of argument.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #49
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Da Bafroom brah!
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 75
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Eh, I think it should have continued. Hendo has a monster of a right hand and Fedor may have been unable to recover. I admit this may be my bias, but I felt it was stopped just a little early.

Still an incredible win for Hendo, the stoppage was no doubt justifiable, both guys were going after it so hard would have liked to see a bit more. That's how it goes when you have two guys that are capable of inflicting such heavy damage in such a short time.

Great win for Hendo and a feather among feathers for his cap.
Koa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #50
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Fedor was knocked out. Briefly, but he lost consciousness from a Henderson strike. If you are knocked out, you have lost the fight and it needs to be stopped. End of argument.

Exactly.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #51
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Eventually, every MMA argument leads to this.
It's the Hitler of MMA arguments.
Primate is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #52
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 1036
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
You've definitely forgotten how refereeing works, and when it's appropriate to stop a fight.
What collapsed Fedor was not the punch entirely it was in large part due to Henderson using a pull then a push to flatten him out. Fedor may have been out, but it is not a 100% fact like you say.

What I have said about having a relaxed body before you break out of any type of hold down is very true and there is a strong likelihood that is what Fedor was doing. And it was not even a full second that Fedor was laying on his stomach.

I think it was a very quick stoppage especially considering the fighter.
Big Red is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #53
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Eventually, every MMA argument leads to this.
The point is that even though he did well, it is false to believe that he was in his "prime".
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #54
thanosone
I Am Eternal
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In The Zone
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Fedor recovered quickly. Flash knockdowns happen all the time. Fedor is still the GOAT. Nobody will ever surpass him.
thanosone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #55
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
What collapsed Fedor was not the punch entirely it was in large part due to Henderson using a pull then a push to flatten him out. Fedor may have been out, but it is not a 100% fact like you say.

What I have said about having a relaxed body before you break out of any type of hold down is very true and there is a strong likelihood that is what Fedor was doing. And it was not even a full second that Fedor was laying on his stomach.

I think it was a very quick stoppage especially considering the fighter.
Everything you say is shit. All of this post, shit. Your brain is mush.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #56
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
I thought it was more the momentum of Henderson rolling Fedor off him that made him face plant.

Fedor also thought it was a very bad stoppage. Henderson was still throwing punches at Fedor when he spun back to fight him.

It was one of the quickest stoppages that I have ever seen. A fighter like Fedor deserved more of a chance then he was given.

Edit: I just rewatched the stoppage. I was wrong Fedor did not face plant from being rolled alone. It was caused by Henderson's weight on top of his back and a punch combined that made him face plant. You can see he was not hurt though when he spun his front to Henderson.
A bad stoppage? GET THE **** OUTTA HERE


Fedor was unconscious, the only reason he re gained consciousness was because Hendo woke him up by punching him in the head repeatedly.


This aint ancient rome, do you want people to die in a fight?

terrible, terrible post.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #57
Muchmoore
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
A bad stoppage? GET THE **** OUTTA HERE


Fedor was unconscious, the only reason he re gained consciousness was because Hendo woke him up by punching him in the head repeatedly.


This aint ancient rome, do you want people to die in a fight?
.


 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #58
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
A bad stoppage? GET THE **** OUTTA HERE


Fedor was unconscious, the only reason he re gained consciousness was because Hendo woke him up by punching him in the head repeatedly.


This aint ancient rome, do you want people to die in a fight?

terrible, terrible post.
Sanity prevails.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013