Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #16
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Junior Jones vs Marco Antonio Barrera..Why did Barerra get beat like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
Barrera back then was a sucker for right hands his fight with "The King" was a good example of it where it seemed "The King" couldnt miss with it that coupled with his careless approach made him an easy target, Jones must have seen that fight and see the ***** in MAB's armor and he took advantage of it time and time again landing one straight right after the other till Barrera was done.

In the rematch Barrera was much more cautious than he had ever been, boxing of his back foot and behind a good jab he made it a close contest but still lost a close decision that some think he should have went his way.
Bullshit, very very clear Jones decision
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #17
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

vCash: 14503
Default Re: Junior Jones vs Marco Antonio Barrera..Why did Barerra get beat like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Bullshit, very very clear Jones decision
BS my ass it was a close fight.

As the scorecards clearly show it.

Watch it again but this time with your goggles on.
bladerunner is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #18
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I remember the rematch being very close too.

Been years since i watched it, though.
lora is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #19
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Junior Jones was actually the reason Morales was a 5-1 favourite over Barrera in their first fight, just shows styles do in fact make fights.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #20
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:

Close as in Barrera won about 3-4 rounds, sure, maybe 5 if you're his mum, take the Barrera nut goggles off and you'll see
Old 08-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #21
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Ya..but once they fought you couldnt tell who was favored..
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #22
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:

It was more competitive than it was close. Jones clearly won that fight, Barrera was too tentative.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #23
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

Quote:
Close as in Barrera won about 3-4 rounds, sure, maybe 5 if you're his mum, take the Barrera nut goggles off and you'll see
Only a dumbass would say like you did that it was a very very clear win for Jones.

Thats like saying it was a whitewash and Barrera was never in the fight.

But as we all know you have a tendency to see things that nobody else sees.

This is just another case
Old 08-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Junior Jones was actually the reason Morales was a 5-1 favourite over Barrera in their first fight, just shows styles do in fact make fights.
Well, and the fact that Morales was KO'ing mofos like crazy.

Did you ever see Barrera/Maurin? awful, awful awful fight, undercard of Botha/Briggs
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #25
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Only a dumbass would say like you did that it was a very very clear win for Jones.

Thats like saying it was a whitewash and Barrera was never in the fight.

But as we all know you have a tendency to see things that nobody else sees.

This is just another case
I see things you don't see because Barrera's sweaty balls are planted firmly over your field of vision

When did I say it was a white wash? I said it was a clear decision that couldn't have gone MAB's way
Old 08-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #26
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

Quote:
I see things you don't see because Barrera's sweaty balls are planted firmly over your field of vision

When did I say it was a white wash? I said it was a clear decision that couldn't have gone MAB's way
Very very clear decision is like saying it was a white wash.
You're either basing this on not seeing the fight or you gave all the close rounds to the black guy either of these things wouldnt surprise me.

And you dont see things i dont see you dont see things that the majority see and thats an habitual thing maybe its just your way of drawing attention to you aka attention whoring.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #27
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Well, and the fact that Morales was KO'ing mofos like crazy.

Did you ever see Barrera/Maurin? awful, awful awful fight, undercard of Botha/Briggs
Never seen that Barrera fight actually.... & yes, Morales was like a force of nature at 122, one of those KO victims just happened to be Junior Jones (TKO4) as well, EM & MABs only common opponent at the time.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #28
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Very very clear decision is like saying it was a white wash.
You're either basing this on not seeing the fight or you gave all the close rounds to the black guy either of these things wouldnt surprise me.

And you dont see things i dont see you dont see things that the majority see and thats an habitual thing maybe its just your way of drawing attention to you aka attention whoring.
By clear clear decision, I mean there's no case to give it to Barrera, none. Anyone who says otherwise is a blatant MAB nuthugger, which you seem to be, yet you try to accuse others of bias.

I'm trying to pinpoint who you are, are you the guy who whines about Mayweather all day like a spurned girlfriend?

Oh wait you're not that cunt who's a MARGARITO nuthugger are you?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #29
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Getting him square on the button with a bomb had a lot to do with why that happened.

Immediate rematch was an awful idea. Barrera fought with the sole intention of not getting hit with a similar missile, and ended up just not asserting himself. He showed that he had the skills to possibly beat Jones, but Jones, by taking him out in fight one, had robbed from him the necessary grit to fight the kind of fight that would yield victory.

Simple as that. Fight 1 is good proof that blocking power shots with your face is a flaw, not a virtue. Fight 2, that it is very, very hard to conquer a man who conquered you.

I'm a huge MAB fan, and I'm glad these fights happened to him. His defense began to improve leaps and bounds after these fights. No way he'd have done the finetuning to beat Hamed in style without the Jones fights to show him technical and defensive finetuning was needed.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #30
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

Quote:
By clear clear decision, I mean there's no case to give it to Barrera, none. Anyone who says otherwise is a blatant MAB nuthugger, which you seem to be, yet you try to accuse others of bias.

I'm trying to pinpoint who you are, are you the guy who whines about Mayweather all day like a spurned girlfriend?

Oh wait you're not that cunt who's a MARGARITO nuthugger are you?
Dont need to be guessing princess.

you want to know who i am dont you fruitcake.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum