Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Chael Sonnen is already talking crap to Jon Jones on twitter.

R.I.P Chael Sonnen when he fight bones

Chael Sonnen has spent less than 24-hours back at light heavyweight and he’s already picked a fight with champion Jon Jones.
During his appearance on UFC Tonight on Tuesday evening, Sonnen [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for a fight with Forrest Griffin, but he also managed to throw a few jabs at the reigning title holder in his new division.
“Sure I could go up to 205 and I could take Jon Jones’ belt away, the same as I could take his candy on Halloween. He’s a little punk kid,” Sonnen [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. “I could snatch it away all I want, but there’s something to be said in sportsmanship for earning your shot, and on the 29th of December, I’m going to go through Forrest to do it.”
Sonnen faces Griffin at the UFC event scheduled for Dec 29, but Jones didn’t waste any time responded to the outspoken former middleweight contender’s verbal jabs.
Jones took to Twitter on Wednesday to unleash on Sonnen after his comments became public on Tuesday.
“The things you say about me hold absolutely no weight,” Jones [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] directed at Sonnen’s social networking account. “You disrespected Anderson (Silva) and his country, but fought like a child.”
Jones is referencing Sonnen’s tirades aimed at Silva and his home country of Brazil for months before their rematch at UFC 148. Silva defeated Sonnen by second round TKO to hold onto his UFC middleweight strap.
The UFC’s reigning champion wasn’t done with Sonnen at that point either.
“If you’re going to disrespect me out of nowhere, at least disrespect me to my face like a man,” said Jones. “And you call me a punk. I’m more man than you’ll ever be.”
Jones added on the Twitter hash-tags of ‘coward‘ and ‘cheater‘, which obviously references Sonnen’s 2010 suspension from the sport for elevated levels of testosterone.
For his part, the UFC’s reigning king of the microphone didn’t take long to come back at Jones, and he took to Twitter as well with one final response.
“Oh I plan to,” [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. “By the way, how long did it take your parents to come up with your name, Jon Jones.
“Advice to Jon Jones. Take some of that Nike money, hire new writers.”
Sonnen then created his own Twitter hash-tag with ‘creative‘ to launch an attack back aimed at Jones and his parents.
The last message from Jones was simply a warning to Sonnen if he ever earns a shot at the UFC light heavyweight belt.
“Dude, you’re not worth my time,” said Jones. “Earn a title shot instead of trying to talk your way into one and I’ll be glad to hurt you.”
Not to be outdone, Sonnen certainly didn’t mind one final shot aimed at Jones’ recent conviction on DWI (driving while under the influence) charges in New York.
“Boarding plane to Oregon now, home of your corporate wage masters,” Sonnen said in reference to Nike’s home offices, which are based in Oregon. “Next time you are in town, knock on my door. Don’t drive.”
It certainly didn’t take long for Chael Sonnen to find a new object of aggression to focus on after exiting the UFC’s middleweight division, and it appears Jon Jones is the prime target. Jones faces one of Sonnen’s closest friends, Dan Henderson, at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Re: Chael Sonnen is already talking crap to Jon Jones on twitter.

He'll do that.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Chael will entertain me enough to want to see this fight and the UFC will oblige if he notches a win against Forrest and maybe one other.

Chaels a big 185, Forrest is big for a heavyweight!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

This might be the only time I don't mind hearing Chael talk trash. I know JJ will have the last laugh but it's fun to see or hear him get trashed on the mic.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
Mrtibbs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1615

Sonnen is an idiot and a cheat. That is all.
Mrtibbs is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It'll be quite good to hear Sonnen attacking Jones, and even better seeing Jones beat the piss out of him afterwards. **** it, let Sonnen dryhump Griffin and some other lhw has-been, and then just make the fight. I've had a taste of seeing Chael turtle up like a bitch, and now I want some more.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Hecdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Sonnen will kick Jon Jones ass if they ever fight, and they will. He fears no man on earth, which he has said over and over. He's going to destroy Forrest Gump first then there will be a great build up for the Jones vs Sonnen fight. I can imagine the press conferences for this fight. Jon best not try to take Sonnen on in the media or with words because he will get destroyed as bad as Jones will destroy Sonnen in the ring.
Hecdog is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecdog View Post
He fears no man on earth, which he has said over and over.
I'm afraid it's going to take much more than that. Sonnen would be a step down in competition for Jones.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

what in the world has sonnen done to even entertain talk of a title shot?
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Can Sonnen actually beat Forrest in the first place?

Let's talk about JJ after he wins.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #11
thanosone
I Am Eternal
ESB Senior Member

Two titles shots, two loses. Who cares about this guy?
thanosone is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 02:59 AM   #12
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

What's the point of criticising chael, we know what he does.

the guys funny when he's relevent and sad when he's obscure
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 03:24 AM   #13
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecdog View Post
Sonnen will kick Jon Jones ass if they ever fight, and they will. He fears no man on earth, which he has said over and over. He's going to destroy Forrest Gump first then there will be a great build up for the Jones vs Sonnen fight. I can imagine the press conferences for this fight. Jon best not try to take Sonnen on in the media or with words because he will get destroyed as bad as Jones will destroy Sonnen in the ring.
its an octagon btw not a ring. pedantic I know but people are always saying how they're different sports.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 04:07 AM   #14
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
Can Sonnen actually beat Forrest in the first place?

Let's talk about JJ after he wins.

Did you see Forrest's last two fights? Have you heard the way that he's been talking in interviews for the past year? He's done. He's declined physically, and he's so disillusioned by the fact that he's on the downside of his career that he's not even training properly anymore.

This shit is so transparent that it's not even funny. Zuffa gives Fael an easy fight for his return to 205, and barely a day later, he starts attacking Jones through social media and on UFCTV (Fuel). If (when) Sonnen beats Griffin and Jones gets through Henderson and the Machida rematch, look for Zuffa to hype this up as a bullshit "grudge match" sometime next Spring. Chael will keep running his mouth to rope in the casual fans, and everybody will get a nice payday after Jones stomps a mudhole in his ass.

Zuffa has basically set up all of Jones' title fights through the end of 2013: Hendo, Machida, Sonnen and the winner of Gustafsson/Rua (probably Gus if Shogun shows up in the same condition that he did against Vera).
Thom is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #15
Woodworm
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I thought Jones won that particular exchange.
Woodworm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum