Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-20-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
ElCep
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default 5 years from now

5 years from now, where will the following fighters be at in their careers, what will they have achieved...

James Degale
Tyson Fury
George Groves
Kell Brook
ElCep is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #2
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765
Default Re: 5 years from now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCep View Post
5 years from now, where will the following fighters be at in their careers, what will they have achieved...

James Degale - High end Journeyman, European champ, couple of failed alphabet title shots, may have picked up a WBA regular title, something like that

Tyson Fury - I'm going to get shit for this, but World titlist, top 3 heavyweight

George Groves - Alphabet title holder, although has a KO loss, but came back

Kell Brook - almost ready to "step up"
See Above
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
BoxingObserver
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Lol @ Brook
BoxingObserver is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #4
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Not sure with the fighters above but I can guarantee one thing, in 5 years time Amir Khan still won't know his arsehole from his elbow. That's if Saj hasn't killed him in the heat of passion.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #5
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Not sure with the fighters above but I can guarantee one thing, in 5 years time Amir Khan still won't know his arsehole from his elbow. That's if Saj hasn't killed him in the heat of passion.
he'll be gone.

Remember, he's retiring an undefeated P4P #1 at the age of 28.

or whatever his plan was
Old 08-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #6
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCep View Post

James Degale - Could go either way really difficult to know
Tyson Fury - Can see him taking his time and trying to get a world title shot in around 2 years but will eventually be world champion when the Klitschko's retire
George Groves - 2 time world champion with maybe 2 losses on his record against top class opposition
Kell Brook - Fringe world level probably become a world champion but not good enough to beat all comers
Mine are above
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #7
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

All of 'em would've been stopped at least once IMO. Groves is going to be exciting but chinny. Degale will get walked through at some point for his pitiful punching form. Brook looks the best of the lot but if he fights the best at some point his deficiencies will be exposed, assuming of course he doesn't add a whole lot to his game.

Earl; I'll roll with you on Fury Makes more errors than the rest of 'em but he works hard in the ring, has the size and is getting more focused with every fight that goes by. I imagine he'll be getting stopped sometime soon as well though.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
All of 'em would've been stopped at least once IMO. Groves is going to be exciting but chinny. Degale will get walked through at some point for his pitiful punching form. Brook looks the best of the lot but if he fights the best at some point his deficiencies will be exposed, assuming of course he doesn't add a whole lot to his game.

Earl; I'll roll with you on Fury Makes more errors than the rest of 'em but he works hard in the ring, has the size and is getting more focused with every fight that goes by. I imagine he'll be getting stopped sometime soon as well though.
In his last 2 fights I was more impressed with Fury than I had been, I think getting knocked down woke him up, he has realised he needs to be in better condition, and box tighter, which he has done.

I've said before but outside of The Klitschkos and Haye, he has at least 50/50 chance against anyone in my opinion.

Lest we not forget the boy is only just turned 24, he's still getting his "man body" and I think we will see him finish up a 255lb in shape giant.

He's got the size to make basically anyone except Valuev look small, and I think he's a good all rounder.

I could see him getting knocked out, I don't know if it will be soon but I wouldnt be surprised if it came at some stage, although I think it's more due to technical deficiancies than any kind of chin problem, he's only been down once, and that was a perfectly placed shot, he got up just fine too, wasn't really hurt.

I like Fury, he gets too much shit, although you know how things are on here, 12 months ago after the Chisora fight Fury was getting so much praise, while Price was being laughed at for fighting bums, move on 12 months, Price has beat Mcdermott and ***ton, Fury got flash knockdowned once and the coin has flipped on its head.

dont rule it out from flipping back over the next 12 months.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #9
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I think Price is tremendously overrated.

Agree with Fury's chin. He is resilient, just gets hit too much which is potentially disastrous at any weight but at heavy it's downright dangerous!
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #10
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I think Price is tremendously overrated.

Agree with Fury's chin. He is resilient, just gets hit too much which is potentially disastrous at any weight but at heavy it's downright dangerous!
I can't get over what Cammarale did to him at the olympics, he hasn't been hit on the chin yet, when he is I don't think it will be a good scene.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

How chiny is Groves? I know he got dropped by Anderson, but got up again and heard rumours he's been dropped in sparring.
sniffmybadger is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #12
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffmybadger View Post
How chiny is Groves? I know he got dropped by Anderson, but got up again and heard rumours he's been dropped in sparring.
froch put him on the floor in sparring i know that much
Old 08-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #13
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Grove's just dosn't look like he holds a shot well, when Smith caught him at the end of the first round Grove's didn't like it, it's not a crap chin but it's not the best either imo.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #14
Decy
Barely Coherent
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffmybadger View Post
Was it not Froch? who floored him sparring.I think his chin is actually not to bad he (like Fury) just gets hit to easy his recovery seems quick enough anyway.

as for the original question.

James Degale = will not win a title although he may have a couple of attempts.

Tyson Fury = Will win and lose the title a couple of times.

George Groves = Groves seems to have that intangible "something" about him I have a feeling he could be a fairly long time champ.

Kell Brook = **** knows on pure talent he should already be champ if you could put Groves head on Brooks shoulders you would be talking p4p champ.
Decy is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #15
UndisputedUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decy View Post
Was it not Froch? who floored him sparring.I think his chin is actually not to bad he (like Fury) just gets hit to easy his recovery seems quick enough anyway.

as for the original question.

James Degale = will not win a title although he may have a couple of attempts.

Tyson Fury = Will win and lose the title a couple of times.

George Groves = Groves seems to have that intangible "something" about him I have a feeling he could be a fairly long time champ.

Kell Brook = **** knows on pure talent he should already be champ if you could put Groves head on Brooks shoulders you would be talking p4p champ.
I'm not to sure about the Heavyweights, anything could happen when Wlad and Vitali retire.

I like Groves, I think he wins a title and defends it a few times. Kell Brook is in a very talented division. He gets huge props after coming through the torrid end of the fight against Carson Jones. Brook should win a title, but with so much talent I doubt he becomes World number 1, because by the time the greats leave, the next big thing will be through. That's not to say he won't win an IBF \ WBA belt and have a decent few defences.

I think DeGale has the ability, but not too sure on where he goes. He won't be number one in the world, that's for sure, but he could win a belt and perhaps unify with Groves.
UndisputedUK is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum