Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Fight worth the risk??
Yes 28 40.00%
No 42 60.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #46
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 81
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
Its definately high risk, high reward, and Im not too sure what I think other than if Pacquiao has problems with JMM Khan will have more...
I don't see how it's high reward? Khan will lose, that would be his 4th defeat and 3rd in a row, it could finish him.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #47
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Yo gangsta! Let's get ready to gang bang"!
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 187
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
Its definately high risk, high reward, and Im not too sure what I think other than if Pacquiao has problems with JMM Khan will have more...
Low/Medium risk, high reward.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #48
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,890
vCash: 500
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
I don't see how it's high reward? Khan will lose, that would be his 4th defeat and 3rd in a row, it could finish him.
Its high risk fight as yes he is likely to lose, but thats why its high reward aswell.

If he wins he's straight back in the mix for a title! but yeah If he loses then its very tough, but Khan is a name I dont think he will struggle.
rampant is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #49
miniq
神風
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: England
Posts: 8,095
vCash: 75
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

No it's not a risk.

Juan has already declined Khan twice...

and now only has started discussing unfiying 140 after Khan lost his belts

Khan would be lucky for Juan to accept a fight


It would either be Juan counterpunching the shit into Khan and outclassing him (only if Khan trys for a KO, which hopefully now he knows he can't do anymore - and obvoisly not against Marquez)

Or a Young smart Khan outpointing and pacing him to a 12 round victory



Khan is in a shit situation..

Morales & Marquez (passing legends) don't want part of him - understandably
Garcia & Peterson (Likely belt holders come end 2012 don't want part of him)
Judah (pointless unless he beats Peterson - and if he does he won't want to fight Khan and Khan won't want to fight for the IBF)

I want to see Mattyyse fight the guy with the belts at the start of 2013

Khan should just do a comeback trial (Prescott, Peterson, Garcia)

If he can stay at 140
miniq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #50
Moe
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

yes.
Moe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #51
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 75
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

Khan would punish msrquez ala barera. Hense y he turned the fight down 4times.
iron_chin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #52
LeadLeftHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,720
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_chin View Post
Khan would punish msrquez ala barera. Hense y he turned the fight down 4times.
Isn't that what people said about Khan punishing Garcia for his Dad's actions. The two are different. Barrera declined fast, he was almost done when he fought Khan. Marquez well he recently beat Manny so he's far from done.
LeadLeftHook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #53
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,222
vCash: 336
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

I think Khan can win if he fights a scared and boring fight, the question is would he??
Go Getta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #54
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
I think Khan can win if he fights a scared and boring fight, the question is would he??
But fighting scared may also have a negative effect Darni, I mean he may start missing openings, Get caught in two minds.

Marquez IMO wouldn't follow Khan around, He'll just wait on him. The speed can be countered and due to Marquez timing it makes it even harder for Khan to fight negative.

I mean your fighting a older man and your looking to use only a few punches a round? It just doesn't make sense to me to do that. Khan isn't the smartest of fighters and is hardly a Bernard Hopkins when it comes to use of his armory. When Khan is made to think he struggles and just galloping around the ring and throwing 2-3 punch flurries now and then aren't good enough gameplans against Marquez.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #55
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_chin View Post
Khan would punish msrquez ala barera. Hense y he turned the fight down 4times.
msrquez would kn**** khan the fuick out hense te fite is a bad idrea n not wortyh riskq.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #56
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,712
vCash: 75
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

It would be a decent fight, and I'd favour Khan. I don't think Marquez would stop Khan these days, and Khan's physical advantages, youth and speed would probably be enough to help him outwork JMM in a close fight.
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #57
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,222
vCash: 336
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
But fighting scared may also have a negative effect Darni, I mean he may start missing openings, Get caught in two minds.

Marquez IMO wouldn't follow Khan around, He'll just wait on him. The speed can be countered and due to Marquez timing it makes it even harder for Khan to fight negative.

I mean your fighting a older man and your looking to use only a few punches a round? It just doesn't make sense to me to do that. Khan isn't the smartest of fighters and is hardly a Bernard Hopkins when it comes to use of his armory. When Khan is made to think he struggles and just galloping around the ring and throwing 2-3 punch flurries now and then aren't good enough gameplans against Marquez.
Good points , but I want to point out timing does beat reckless speed not saying Khan has educated speed but in order for JMM to land he also has to step forward and get in range to get off and sacred Khan would look stay away and do most his work from range.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #58
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
Good points , but I want to point out timing does beat reckless speed not saying Khan has educated speed but in order for JMM to land he also has to step forward and get in range to get off and sacred Khan would look stay away and do most his work from range.
Educated speed against Educated Timing what happens then? . All this staying at range and fighting scared and using height,size and speed simply isn't that easy to do otherwise everyone would do it.

Also i don't see why Marquez would have to initiate attacks, he's a counter puncher, a aggressive counter puncher over the years. He could well sit back and wait on Khan or say no your the bigger man you come to me.

I mean what happens if Marquez effectively presses Khan, what's plan B?.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #59
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,222
vCash: 336
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Educated speed against Educated Timing what happens then? . All this staying at range and fighting scared and using height,size and speed simply isn't that easy to do otherwise everyone would do it.

Also i don't see why Marquez would have to initiate attacks, he's a counter puncher, a aggressive counter puncher over the years. He could well sit back and wait on Khan or say no your the bigger man you come to me.

I mean what happens if Marquez effectively presses Khan, what's plan B?.
Question comes to mind would JMM ever of faced someone as fast/big as Khan??

If speed is matched with good timing it becomes near unstoppable just like Floyd does it or used to he slowing a bit now.

Khan needs to learn to be more selective with shots and timing of attacks something I hope he can improve on after his loss where he was in a rush to win.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #60
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: Should Khan risk a fight with Juan Marquez in Dec??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
Question comes to mind would JMM ever of faced someone as fast/big as Khan??

If speed is matched with good timing it becomes near unstoppable just like Floyd does it or used to he slowing a bit now.

Khan needs to learn to be more selective with shots and timing of attacks something I hope he can improve on after his loss where he was in a rush to win.
I could counter that and ask, Has Khan ever faced someone as skilled and adaptable as Marquez?.

To answer your question, he's fought Floyd and Pacquiao. I don't really see Khan's speed as being overly concerning to Marquez. Yes he's faster then those two i'd say but he doesn't have Pac's power or Floyd's timing. Marquez would be content and as for his size if he's fighting scared how's he going to use it if he's charging around the ring staying away.

As for speed matched with timing that's great but Khan doesn't have timing and i don't see him picking that up in 4 months do you?. I think you ask a lot of Khan in terms of development Darni.

For him to become a fighter with better timing he's going to have to be a gym rat, be more reactive and less hyper and more thoughtful. These a major mental aspects that he'd need to change. I just don't see it mate..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013