Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Arguello vs Ganigan. Ganigan came to fight that night, And its 5 rounds of brutality

Ganigan not only showed up to fight that night, he knocked Arguello down in the first round, In the next couple round he's catchin Alexis with some pretty good shot. But Arguello drops him in the third, and the in the 5th round he gets torn apart. One of the best KO's Ive ever seen.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 1
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 2
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 3

Last edited by TheSouthpaw; 08-22-2012 at 02:31 AM.
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Arguello vs Ganigan. Ganigan came to fight that night, and it is brutal, 5 rounds

The Hawaiian Punch was a real gamer, with a real dig. Brilliant shootout that.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #3
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Default Re: Arguello vs Ganigan. Ganigan came to fight that night, and it is brutal, 5 rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
The Hawaiian Punch was a real gamer, with a real dig. Brilliant shootout that.
a shootout indeed..But Arguello just straight dismantles his ass..BRUTAL KO!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:30 AM   #4
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

I think Ganigan knew his only chance was to jump on Argeullo early. Thats for sure why he he dropped in the first...But Arguello was just too much for him goin shot for shot like that against him.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:44 AM   #5
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

A great CBS fight from '82. I saw and taped it as it occurred.. Loved it... And folks wonder why I am so harsh today about PPV and Cable TV fights... Is it that hard to figure out?

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #6
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

[quote=MRBILL;13627743]A great CBS fight from '82. I saw and taped it as it occurred.. Loved it... And folks wonder why I am so harsh today about PPV and Cable TV fights... Is it that hard to figure out?

MR.BILL[/quote

tell me about it..the last time i spend 60 bucks on PPV it was Bradley vs Pac..And that was a freakin joke...but ya that Ganigan vs Arguello fight is something else..
Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 AM   #7
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Im just in aww over what a brutal Knockout that was...Aeguello was the real deal. A great boxer. A smart fighter
Old 08-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #8
FastHands(beeb)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I remember this fight well, it was on ITV's World of Sport (delayed) on a Saturday afternoon...in those pre-internet days on my side of the pond you could stay away from the result of pretty much any fight outside the HWs and Fab 4; like Mr Bill I had it on VHS...I still have, somewhere!

It was an outstanding shoot-out, showcasing the best of both guys, Ganigan was the biggest swinger since Duke Ellington (thanks to Reg Gutteridge for that gag!), and Alex was, well, Alex!

Andy tried to take the title and went out on his shield...Arguello showed great compusure after the KD in round 1, and typical surgical Alexis precision in taking Andy out...and great class in victory, as always. I haven't seen this fight in years but it's still fresh in the mind.

To paraphrase Simon & Garfunkel "Where have you gone, Alex Arguello..."
FastHands(beeb) is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Arguello really did stand in there and just broke him down piece by piece before he finally put him out....But gettin KD in the first round like that from a huge shot and comin right backand sluggin it out with guy. Just a great fight all around...
Old 08-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

I have not seen that fight although i have heard about it...Arguello was one of those fighters with heart and the ability to box it out, or sug it out for 12 to 15 rounds...which most guys got the shit knocked outa them in later rounds anyway..Alexis was the total package
Old 08-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #11
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Yeah. Have you ever seen Arguello vs. Mancini? Brilliant fight! Arguello KO's him cold in the 14th (I think?) after a long war in which Mancini was up on points. Alex just dismantled him and knocked him dead.
Sounds like a great fight...Im gonna have to watch that one today...cause im a fan of both these guys..
Old 08-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1640

Ganigan vs O'Grady was another fun filled fight.Andy could really rumble.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #13
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Ya he could..dude showed up to fight for sure..
Old 08-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #14
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
Ganigan vs O'Grady was another fun filled fight.Andy could really rumble.
I just watched that fight because thats another one i hadnt seen...good god Ganigan could fight
Old 08-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Ganigan kind of reminds me a bit of Manny Pacquiao, actually. Obviously they're not the same, but Ganigan does do some things similar to Pacquiao. For example, the jab-straight-jab is a mutual combination they do among other things.
Ya but Ganigan was a little more fistey than Manny..but I agree a very impresive jab...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum