Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #211
OneShay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Which of your favourite fighter's less celebrated fights do you enjoy?

i was a big kevin mitchell fan a few years back and his fight with carl johanssen was an absolute barnstormer, i think it may have gotten fight of the year from either the british boxing media or the bbboc so i guess it is celebrated in a sense but i think its still one that a lot of people might not be aware of and its seems to be forgotten to a certain extent
OneShay is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #212
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Which of your favourite fighter's less celebrated fights do you enjoy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShay View Post
i was a big kevin mitchell fan a few years back and his fight with carl johanssen was an absolute barnstormer, i think it may have gotten fight of the year from either the british boxing media or the bbboc so i guess it is celebrated in a sense but i think its still one that a lot of people might not be aware of and its seems to be forgotten to a certain extent

Great fight
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #213
IGIFTK
S.Kovalev is a problem.
ESB Full Member

Emanuel Augustus vs. Floyd Mayweather.
Vassiliy Jirov vs. James Toney.
Michael Katsidis vs. Juan Manuel Marquez.
Jeff Lacy vs. Roy Jones Jr.
Edison Miranda vs. Kelly Pavlik.

Just to name a few.
IGIFTK is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #214
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Well if Katsidis is considered one of his less celebrated wins, then that would be my ultimate pick for JMM for sure.

My favorite JMM performance for sure. Beautiful inside fighting, jaw dropping combinations, devastating body shots and uppercuts and of course that grit that Juan has always shown. Just awesome performance.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #215
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hamed vs Bungu was a great performance against a very underrated fighter.
Nigel Benn beating Galvano in his own backyard seems to get overlooked too.

Also im one of those sad people who enjoyed Mayweather bewildering Carlos Baldomir.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #216
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Well if Katsidis is considered one of his less celebrated wins, then that would be my ultimate pick for JMM for sure.

My favorite JMM performance for sure. Beautiful inside fighting, jaw dropping combinations, devastating body shots and uppercuts and of course that grit that Juan has always shown. Just awesome performance.
I love that fight too Zopilote,but I really think Juan was well into his elite status by that point and it's one of his absolute best fights for the reasons you mentioned.
I could well be wrong,but that's why I pointed out earlier that I felt it didn't fall inot this category.
All about opinions though.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #217
OneShay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattons Hook View Post
Hamed vs Bungu was a great performance against a very underrated fighter.
Nigel Benn beating Galvano in his own backyard seems to get overlooked too.

Also im one of those sad people who enjoyed Mayweather bewildering Carlos Baldomir.
I was wondering when someone would bring up hamed vs bungu, i havent actually seen it yet myself but iv heard several times that it is one of hameds best performances and wins.
OneShay is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #218
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Prince Naseem Hamed vs literally any of his opponents, from the first right to the end. I watched them all.
anj is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #219
Dinamita85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I go back and watch Juan Manuel Marquez v Julio Gervacio every few months or so.

Gervacio a former world champ a weight below and abit on the slide and Marquez at that point is thought of as maybe not as good as they thought after his mediocre display against Julian Wheeler.
I love everything about this fight,in truth its a beatdown but the quality of marquez combinations and the sheer speed and crispness of his punching is a joy to behold...worth a watch for anyone who hasnt seen it.
Dinamita85 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #220
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinamita85 View Post
I go back and watch Juan Manuel Marquez v Julio Gervacio every few months or so.

Gervacio a former world champ a weight below and abit on the slide and Marquez at that point is thought of as maybe not as good as they thought after his mediocre display against Julian Wheeler.
I love everything about this fight,in truth its a beatdown but the quality of marquez combinations and the sheer speed and crispness of his punching is a joy to behold...worth a watch for anyone who hasnt seen it.
Ahh! Wonderful shout.
I have to admit I never saw that one until IB did his thread about JMM-Salido and really started to look back at Juan.
It's amazing how nimble he was on his feet back then.If he could move on his toes like that now he'd be almost unbeatable.He goes up and downstairs beautifully and it's a great fight to watch his contrasting progression as he got older.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #221
Dinamita85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Ahh! Wonderful shout.
I have to admit I never saw that one until IB did his thread about JMM-Salido and really started to look back at Juan.
It's amazing how nimble he was on his feet back then.If he could move on his toes like that now he'd be almost unbeatable.He goes up and downstairs beautifully and it's a great fight to watch his contrasting progression as he got older.
I agree with you completely, he was so fleet of foot when he was younger its insane, just a shame this ability left him rather quickly, theres a point in this fight where he glides about 10 feet of the ring in 2 strides to deliver 2 straight rights..looks like hes floating haha
Dinamita85 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum