Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
Toker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Machida

What's up with him? He is the only MMA fighter I like (except maybe a passing interest in Nelson and Cung Le) cuz he is a striking genius. Stick and move great fighter. So any news or updates on him? And how good overall do you think he is???
Toker is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Machida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toker View Post
What's up with him? He is the only MMA fighter I like (except maybe a passing interest in Nelson and Cung Le) cuz he is a striking genius. Stick and move great fighter. So any news or updates on him? And how good overall do you think he is???
He's probably going to be Jon Jones's next defence after Henderson. It's not certain, but looking likely. IMO, he has a fair (but not great) chance of winning.

I believe he is currently one of the top four or five strikers in MMA, one of the (larger group) of most proficient strikers ever in MMA, the 2nd best lightheavyweight in the world right now, and one of the top 10 lhw's ever in MMA.

Put simply, I love him as a fighter, ****ing brilliant.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

You must've been on a coma or something.

He just won by knockout against Ryan Bader and he's headed for a title shot against the winner of Jones-Hendo.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
Toker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
He's probably going to be Jon Jones's next defence after Henderson. It's not certain, but looking likely. IMO, he has a fair (but not great) chance of winning.

I believe he is currently one of the top four or five strikers in MMA, one of the (larger group) of most proficient strikers ever in MMA, the 2nd best lightheavyweight in the world right now, and one of the top 10 lhw's ever in MMA.

Put simply, I love him as a fighter, ****ing brilliant.
He is great!! Thanks for the input. I don't know if you would know the answer to this, but is his stick and move style typical of his shotokan, or is it more his own personal fighting style completely different and apart from karate?
Toker is online now  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Toker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
You must've been on a coma or something.

He just won by knockout against Ryan Bader and he's headed for a title shot against the winner of Jones-Hendo.
Like I said I don't really like or watch MMA, but Machida is awesome!! So i haven't heard of him in a while since I don't follow the sport. But Machida is AWESOME!!
Toker is online now  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

Bones already chocked his ass out but I am a huge Machida fan too!
bronx is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Most Brazilian fighter are exciting to watch
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toker View Post
He is great!! Thanks for the input. I don't know if you would know the answer to this, but is his stick and move style typical of his shotokan, or is it more his own personal fighting style completely different and apart from karate?
I don't really know so much about karate to be honest, but as far as I know Machida's style is quite typical of karate, because I think karate is about waiting, looking for an opening to land a decisive strike, and then striking fast and hard for maximum damage, and then getting back out again, and this is what Machida does, to a large extent. However, Machida does bring other stuff to the table inside the Octagon as he has shown good defensive wrestling (takedown defence), and apparently has a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu (though I haven't seen him fighting on the ground much in the UFC).

I know he kicks in the karate style in MMA, but I don't know enough about striking with the hands in karate to tell you whether or not his punching technique is in line with karate style. He is an effective puncher though, as shown in his previous fight.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #9
hammerofthor
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I would rather see him fight shogun again at this stage then jones tbh. I would rather jones fight someone new
hammerofthor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum