Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #16
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: wlad klitschko vs roy jones and riddick bowe

Roy Jones would have no chance, and ran from the fight when Wlad offered it. Wlad vs. Bowe could go either way. I like Wlad as Bowe's defense wasn't great.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #17
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Wlad probably takes Roy out, wouldnŽt rule out a points win though if Jones goes on his bike.

Bowe is interesting. Wlad would win a boxing match. I doubt though Bowe would allow this to be one and will try to get to mid- or close range. But two things here, Wlad is good in preventing that and Bowe will eat some heavy punches while trying to make this a fight, can he take it? I donŽt know, Hide wobbled him. And if he is inside, wlad is damned good in tying people up in there. Bowe would make it harder for him than anyone else Wlad fought but my guess is that most of BoweŽs work is anyway neutralised. But he may land some good punches there and with Wlad not liking that he has a chance of stopping him there. I can see three outcomes. Bowe stops Wlad in the midrounds. Wlad stops Bowe in the midrounds or Wlad wins a clear decision. Close to 50/50 but IŽd favour Wlad.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #18
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 258

Weird pairing.

Jones goes the distance, avoids the right hand, but loses every round.

Bowe walks into punishing jabs and straight rights, gets bear hugged before he can throw anything on the inside, re-set, rinse, wash, repeat. Bowe dropped by a left hook late, ref stops the fight, Bowe's camp protests.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
ticar
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
Weird pairing.

Jones goes the distance, avoids the right hand, but loses every round.

Bowe walks into punishing jabs and straight rights, gets bear hugged before he can throw anything on the inside, re-set, rinse, wash, repeat. Bowe dropped by a left hook late, ref stops the fight, Bowe's camp protests.
i agree about the jones fight,but bowe hm..
bowe had a nice jab and a devastating overhead right hand with which he could knock out wlad very well...you assume that wlad is going to hug easily everytime bowe when he is inside,i don't think so.bowe isn't eddie chambers,he's big as wlad,maybe not that strong,but strong enough to start his main weapon,short inside punches,and wlad would have no defence to that.
ticar is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #20
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Wlad probably stops jones the minute his right hand land. Wlad ko5

Unless wlad knocks out bowe on the way in, he will get slaughtered on the inside. Bowe ko5.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #21
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticar View Post
i agree about the jones fight,but bowe hm..
bowe had a nice jab and a devastating overhead right hand with which he could knock out wlad very well...you assume that wlad is going to hug easily everytime bowe when he is inside,i don't think so.bowe isn't eddie chambers,he's big as wlad,maybe not that strong,but strong enough to start his main weapon,short inside punches,and wlad would have no defence to that.
Bowe had trouble when quicker opponents jabbed him back, I don't see him winning a jab contest with Wlad. This isn't Gonzales. Bowe can't lead good with the right at all, he got very sloppy if he couldn't use his jab to set it up.

Speaking of Gonzales, he actually did a good job of neutralizing Bowe's inside game with clinching..he just couldn't jab with Bowe, Wlad can. And to bring this back around, Wlad isn't an Evander Holyfield who is willing to mix it up with Bowe on the inside and he isn't a physical push over like Herbie Hide. I don't see any reason why he couldn't avoid Bowe's in-fighting as Gonzales did.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #22
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Wlad stops Roy Jones and takes a convincing decision over Bowe. Roy was p4p better than either of the other two guys, but doesn't go far at heavyweight in my opinion. Bowe might have beaten the earlier, less careful version of Wlad who lost to Sanders, but gets outpointed by the better poised an more cautious waldo from 2005 onward.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #23
gregor
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Roy carefully picked Ruiz as his only HW opponent, and he made sure Ruiz won't be allowed to use his usual wrestling tactics. Roy was quick, but IMO not enought to make up for huge size disadvantege... I think you can draw some conclusions from Wlad vs Byrd here.

Bowe had no defence for a top fighter. Or, rather, his defence was his offence as he didn't mind taking two punches to land one of his own. It didn't work already against Golota - yes, everybody says he was past prime, but that is vicious circle. On the other hand, Wlad has no chin, so if Bowe lands first it is over. Wlad is obviously an favorite here, but Bowe has decent underdog chance.
gregor is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #24
Mordechai
Belt holder
ESB Addict

some guys should do comedy instead of spreading bullshit about boxing.

wlad would win in any way he wants against roy overrated jones and win a incredible boring fight against bowe. bowe is easy to hit, and he could take shots, but which really big punchers he faced? against wlad he is going in against a top 5 power puncher of all time with an advantage in speed, defence, ring iq, corner and brain. wlad is also way stronger and would push bowe around. in no ****ing world bowe wins against wlad.

bowe must be the most overrated fighter of all time. he had what, three prime years and then was shot to shit. **** offfff
Mordechai is online now  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #25
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordechai View Post
some guys should do comedy instead of spreading bullshit about boxing.

wlad would win in any way he wants against roy overrated jones and win a incredible boring fight against bowe. bowe is easy to hit, and he could take shots, but which really big punchers he faced? against wlad he is going in against a top 5 power puncher of all time with an advantage in speed, defence, ring iq, corner and brain. wlad is also way stronger and would push bowe around. in no ****ing world bowe wins against wlad.

bowe must be the most overrated fighter of all time. he had what, three prime years and then was shot to shit. **** offfff
Wlad top 5 powerpuncher ever? No. Wlad would be the
one getting manhandled on the inside. Has Wlad ever
faced an elite superheavy? No. It took Wlad a lot
of shots to stop Thompson, Brock, Brewster ate
sustained flush power shots in the first bout.
Bowes chin is superior and had a more complete
skillset and punch repertoire. Wlad doesnt like
pressure, has no inside game, a shaky chin,
and mental weakness in the ring. When did
Wlad overcome adversity? First Peter bout
is about it. Bowe will take Wlad into deep
waters. Wlad has been stopped multiple
times in devastating fashion. Bowe has never
been stopped.
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #26
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticar View Post
i think wlad vs jones from the ruiz fight would go to a decision,clear one for wlad.yes wlad could end the fight at any time if he lands one good punch,but roy jones was very slick and had inhuman reflexes,add to that that wlad is overly cautious,and i see this ala haye fight,boring fight which wlad would win with his jab

i think wlad has no chance against bowe,he's pressure and inside attack would be too much for wlad,plus he has a very good chin,so he can take wlad punches coming in,and i don't see how would wlad survive bowe's inside punches

your thoughts?
Wlad kos Jones mid rounds , Bowe beats Wlad, probably by late stoppage.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #27
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
Has Bowe ever
faced an elite superheavy? No. It took Bowe a lot
of shots to stop Gonzales, Hide, Holyfield ate
sustained flush power shots in the first bout.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #28
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Wow, you're so clever Mongoose, changing my
Quote. You have really contributed something
noteworthy, funny you didnt change anything
else in my post. When Wlad gets pressured
he folds. Bowe was too tough, too talented.
The version of Biggs that Bowe beat was better
than most of Wlad's competition
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #29
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
Wow, you're so clever Mongoose, changing my
Quote. You have really contributed something
noteworthy, funny you didnt change anything
else in my post. When Wlad gets pressured
he folds. Bowe was too tough, too talented.
The version of Biggs that Bowe beat was better
than most of Wlad's competition
I've already addressed the other issues. I was just pointing out the shallowness of those particular criticisms and how easily they could be flip flopped.

That Biggs comment is way off. That kid was never made for the pro game, Tyson ruined whatever potential he may have had. Biggs at this point was just a fringe guy being fed to upstarts to build their confidence and quite successfully. Evander is the only Bowe opponent I would put a tier or more above Wlad's victims. I have Hide as his second best win, I don't think he was as good as Haye, Sultan, or Byrd though.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #30
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Wlad-Bowe is a 50-50, Bowe didn't do brilliantly against boxers not the best defence of movement, but Wlad doesn't do well against punchers with iron chins who pressure him

Wlad is obviously way too big for Jones

EDIT: I can see a good chance of Wlad dominating the early rounds, not getting rid of Bowe's pressure and then Bowe coming from behind to land something big. Both head to head monsters though
PowerPuncher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum