Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Khan-Prescott 2 makes the Most Sense

i think for khan to salvage any redemption he needs to fight prescott, khans coming off back to back losses, prescott has been relegated a bit but is making a bit of a comeback himself. the fight will sell big in the UK, they should do it at the MEN as it would be a return to the scene of the crime.
should the fight happen i see prescott repeating his win and KO'ing khan between the 2nd-4th round.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Phill-Mitchell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan-Prescott 2 makes the Most Sense

Prescott ko again.

To me the Garcia fight proved the Prescott ko was NOT a fluke

Khan is just wide open if you throw with him.

Also, Prescott has improved from a one dimensional banger to a guy who can box a bit.

Khan is never going to beat guys the same size or bigger than him who are willing to take a few, and throw with him in order to land with hard punches
Phill-Mitchell is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill-Mitchell View Post
Prescott ko again.

To me the Garcia fight proved the Prescott ko was NOT a fluke

Khan is just wide open if you throw with him.

Also, Prescott has improved from a one dimensional banger to a guy who can box a bit.

Khan is never going to beat guys the same size or bigger than him who are willing to take a few, and throw with him in order to land with hard punches
This. Also would be Khan's 3rd loss in a row. Stupid fight on Khan's side
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

If he cant beat prescott why is he boxing, quit and retire, he's only buying time fighting no marks who cant punch
Old 08-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
Mike Hunt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Most of khans career he as always fought guys a lot smaller than hisself. Would you say that's a fair assessment ?
Mike Hunt is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
WhamBam
Keeping Cool
ESB Senior Member

i think khans kind of given up on boxing/fighting, if he was dedicated and wished to improve he would have flown over to LA now and figured out where he went wrong, i understand he couldn't do this before because of ramadan but what about now? it seems to me he's more interested on making his money as a promoter. And i agree prescott annihilates him.
WhamBam is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
Phill-Mitchell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
If he cant beat prescott why is he boxing, quit and retire, he's only buying time fighting no marks who cant punch
I think he is pretty much done Tbh, since his loss all he's done is bitch and moan on twitter, pretend to fall out with saj and accuse everyone of being jealous.

I'll be shocked if he makes any marked improvements and comes back better, I can see him maybe winning against a tin can and then getting taken out for good in 2 fights time.

He has neither the chin nor the brain for boxing at the top level

Also why the **** are people in the late night McDonalds ****ing animals bumping me left right and centre?!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Khan will be in america monday sorting hus trsiner and opponent out
iron_chin is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #9
Mike Hunt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Are you ok after Shirley dumping you tonight Phil? Good riddance I say get in Sharon's knickers again mate
Mike Hunt is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #10
Phill-Mitchell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
Are you ok after Shirley dumping you tonight Phil? Good riddance I say get in Sharon's knickers again mate
Best thing that ever happened to me, be back with Sharon in no time, or bring back Stacey Slater, always wanted to get in her pants, go on my son
Old 08-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #11
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I remember the time just before McCloskey when I said this was the fight to be made. Only me and Miguel2010 thought this. The reasons I made then are the same now, in addition to his subsequent losses.

I stated that Khan will always have trouble with fighters his size and bigger. I said that Prescott would always cause him problems.

He should stay away from WW for as long as he can, unless he fights Malignaggi.

Its funny how people's opinions change so quickly.

His next three fights should be Prescott, Peterson and Garcia. They are all winnable fights for him although won't be easy by any means.

Prescott as a homecoming, warmup. If he wins he builds momentum, the comeback angle will gather pace. Then should he beat Peterson and Garcia he'd be undisputed LWW champ and have done a Lennox.

Its the only way he can become credible at high end world level again, otherwise he'll be looked at as a kind of Zab Judah.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #12
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
I remember the time just before McCloskey when I said this was the fight to be made. Only me and Miguel2010 thought this. The reasons I made then are the same now, in addition to his subsequent losses.

I stated that Khan will always have trouble with fighters his size and bigger. I said that Prescott would always cause him problems.

His next three fights should be Prescott, Peterson and Garcia. They are all winnable fights for him although won't be easy by any means.

Prescott as a homecoming, warmup. If he wins he builds momentum, the comeback angle will gather pace. Then should he beat Peterson and Garcia he'd be undisputed LWW champ and have done a Lennox.

Its the only way he can become credible at high end world level again, otherwise he'll be looked at as a kind of Zab Judah.
I said before the peterson fight i couldn't see khan beating prescott even made a thread about it
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #13
Rangersfan1982
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

The clown won't fight him again.
Rangersfan1982 is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #14
Phill-Mitchell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post

Lol he's got no chance in hell of doing that.

The only one I could see him edging out in a rematch is peterson, who from an unbiased viewpoint looked a lot stronger in the ring with the aid of whatever he was on. Khan nicking a close one isn't out of the question.

Garcia, maybe he could win it, maybe if he only threw jabs, but I doubt it.

Prescot is actually the worst of the bunch for Khan, he will knock him bandy every time
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #15
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill-Mitchell View Post
Lol he's got no chance in hell of doing that.

The only one I could see him edging out in a rematch is peterson, who from an unbiased viewpoint looked a lot stronger in the ring with the aid of whatever he was on. Khan nicking a close one isn't out of the question.

Garcia, maybe he could win it, maybe if he only threw jabs, but I doubt it.

Prescot is actually the worst of the bunch for Khan, he will knock him bandy every time
No offence to anyone, we all have our opinions but this thread just seems typical of ESB. Everything is either A or Z with nothing in between e.g. Khan either owns Prescott or is KTFO.

The 'intelligent' Khan or more accurately the 'focused-on-the-gameplan' Khan (a la Kotelnik) would be favourite against any of the three even now IMO. In a way the Maidana fight has proved to be his undoing, gave him a false sense of security about his chin and altered the way he fought afterwards.

All three can beat him in a rematch but Khan can beat all three too. None of them are elite and none of them are better than Khan. In order to beat them he would have to box to a plan and not get involved in any macho, chin related bullshit.

Its more than feasible that he can pull it off. All three fights should be easy to make too.

This is the only route he can take to get back to high end world level and he could do it.
Lilo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum