Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
The Dream
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Default Does glove color matter?

As stupid as this sounds, I am having trouble deciding what color of Cleto Reyes Hook and Loop gloves I want for my birthday. I've narrowed it down to either black or red but can't make up my mind. These gloves will be used for sparring and right now the only thing keeping me from picking red is that I have read some people say online that when they use red gloves the color distracts them. Do you guys know if there is any truth to red being more distracting? Also, what would you pick, black or red?

Thanks for your help
The Dream is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

Bullshit, get whatever colour gloves you want
Matty lll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
bam-bam
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

Don't ask us idiots which one to pick it's your decision mate. I got yellow Reyes because they were the only colour nobody in the gym had...no other reason.
bam-bam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

People who are easily distracted by glove colour are probably really lousy boxers.
I agree...get whatever colour you like best.
Speechless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
LEFTHOOK87
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

this cant be real.
LEFTHOOK87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
miniq
神風
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: England
Posts: 7,719
vCash: 75
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

This is a legit question

Find gloves the same colour as your body and wear trunks the same colour as your body

slight camoflage which delays your opponents defence movement by 0.1 of a second


In a few years time they will have gloves with special patterns on them designed to distract and distort your opponents view

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Btw unless your fighting at the highest level it doesn't matter lol.
miniq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniq View Post
This is a legit question

Find gloves the same colour as your body and wear trunks the same colour as your body

slight camoflage which delays your opponents defence movement by 0.1 of a second


In a few years time they will have gloves with special patterns on them designed to distract and distort your opponents view

Then hell, i'm getting mirror gloves, so all my opponent sees is his own face punching him in the face.
Speechless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
LEFTHOOK87
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

i loled ^
LEFTHOOK87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #9
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniq View Post
This is a legit question

Find gloves the same colour as your body and wear trunks the same colour as your body

slight camoflage which delays your opponents defence movement by 0.1 of a second


In a few years time they will have gloves with special patterns on them designed to distract and distort your opponents view

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Btw unless your fighting at the highest level it doesn't matter lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post
Then hell, i'm getting mirror gloves, so all my opponent sees is his own face punching him in the face.


Quality post lads.

I have white pair of Reyes and luv em for pads.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #10
Pugsley
Fat Bastard
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 335
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniq View Post
This is a legit question

Find gloves the same colour as your body and wear trunks the same colour as your body

slight camoflage which delays your opponents defence movement by 0.1 of a second


In a few years time they will have gloves with special patterns on them designed to distract and distort your opponents view

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Btw unless your fighting at the highest level it doesn't matter lol.
No because some sports have already banned certain types of clothing patterns, like No stripes on uniforms because everyone knows about the zebras ass phenomenon and that its harder to catch.
But statistics show that boxers in Red gloves and face guards have a higher win ratio.
Do you think Miguel Cotto lost his fight because he was wearing pink socks against Mayweather?
Pugsley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #11
ricki
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 57
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
statistics show that boxers in Red gloves and face guards have a higher win ratio.
out of psychological reason, that's right
ricki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
miniq
神風
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: England
Posts: 7,719
vCash: 75
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricki View Post
out of psychological reason, that's right
I don't think so

Too hard to conduct such a study.

Skill always beats your glove color lmao...

+ they are the most common glove.

If you say you lost because of your opponents glove colour you should quit boxing.
miniq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakland, California
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 174
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

the guy in the red corner wins more often because red = home fighter, and often they get hometown decisions, easier matchups, support from the crowd etc... nothing to do with psychology due to the color lol
StillWill is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #14
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
the guy in the red corner wins more often because red = home fighter, and often they get hometown decisions, easier matchups, support from the crowd etc... nothing to do with psychology due to the color lol
Good point, that totally makes sense.
Speechless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #15
greynotsoold
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does glove color matter?

Color does make a difference. The instant Ringside came out with pink bag gloves, I bought 'em. 14 oz, used them for ever. best gloves I have ever owned. When they wore out, I bought two pairs of black and a pair of white, all 14 oz. They all sucked. Therefore, pink was better and color does make a difference.
greynotsoold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013