Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #61
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bradley: Why is he not popular even after annihilating PAC?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookie View Post
Come on man! Pacquiao clearly won the fight even though 2 out of the 3 judges said otherwise. The decision should be reversed but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm not saying it's the worse decision I've ever seen, but it's definately top 5.
if its top 5 on your list then I suggest you havent followed the sport very long, this was a very close fight and I had it 7 rounds to 5 for bradley first time watching it 2nd time I had it 8 rounds to 4 for Bradley.
Close fight anybody crying robbery here needs to come to grips that in a close fight there are no robberies
Bazooka is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #62
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Bradley won but didnt win by the way fans expect a fighter to win when Pulling off an upset they expect a dominant beat down or a brutal Kayo fans today are not happy with a close decision that favors the underdog its almost an un written requirement to beat him nearly to death or to put the mother ****er in a coma anything less the champ was robbed
No. Bradley did not win. 95% of people who scored it at ringside and on TV scored it for Pacquiao, it does not get any clearer than that. I could accept Pac lost if this was close or hard to judge, but it really isn't. I'm a huge Pac fan but I also try to be as unbias as possible as I love boxing as a whole. When everyone was whining after the fight, I even went to review the fight 3 times to see if Bradley did have a case.

Heck if Pac fought and I thought he clearly won but 95% thought otherwise, I would think there is something I clearly am not seeing.

These below are not the single deciding factor to scoring the fight, however collectively, its hard to argue against the evidence:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Main event unofficial score cards
Source:[21]
Writer Agency Scorecard Winner
1 Barry Tompkins Showtime 119-110 Pacquiao
2 Harold Lederman HBO 119-109 Pacquiao
3 Ray Markarian The Sweet Science 119-109 Pacquiao
4 Michael Marley Examiner 119-109 Pacquiao
5 Dan Rafael ESPN 119-109 Pacquiao
6 Vittorio Tafur San Francisco Chronicle 119-109 Pacquiao
7 Michael Woods The Sweet Science 119-109 Pacquiao
8 Ramon Aranda 3 More Rounds 118-110 Pacquiao
9 Mario Cabrera Boxing Republic 118-110 Pacquiao
10 Nigel Collins ESPN 118-110 Pacquiao
11 Mike Coppinger Ring Magazine 118-110 Pacquiao
12 Ace Freeman Fight Fan 118-110 Pacquiao
13 Rich Marotta KFI Los Angeles 118-110 Pacquiao
14 Kelsey McCarson The Sweet Science 118-110 Pacquiao
15 Gabriel Montoya MaxBoxing 118-110 Pacquiao
16 Pete O’Brien USA Today 118-110 Pacquiao
17 Eric Raskin Grantland 118-110 Pacquiao
18 Michael Rosenthal Ring Magazine 118-110 Pacquiao
19 Colin Seymour Examiner 118-110 Pacquiao
20 Ryan Songalia Ring Magazine 118-110 Pacquiao
21 Ryan Burton Boxing Scene 117-111 Pacquiao
22 Scott Christ Bad Left Hook 117-111 Pacquiao
23 Tim Dahlberg Associated Press 117-111 Pacquiao
24 Gareth Davies London Daily Telegraph 117-111 Pacquiao
25 Doug Fischer Ring Magazine 117-111 Pacquiao
26 David Greisman Boxing Scene 117-111 Pacquiao
27 Jorge Hernandez The Low Blow 117-111 Pacquiao
28 Kevin Iole Yahoo! Sports 117-111 Pacquiao
29 Robert Littal Black Sports Online 117-111 Pacquiao
30 Steve Kim Max Boxing 117-111 Pacquiao
31 Ryan Maquiñana Comcast SportsNet Bay Area 117-111 Pacquiao
32 David Mayo MLive 117-111 Pacquiao
33 Kieran Mulvaney HBO 117-111 Pacquiao
34 Lance Pugmire Los Angeles Times 117-111 Pacquiao
35 Chris Robinson Boxing Scene 117-111 Pacquiao
36 Nick Xouris Fight Hype 118-111 Pacquiao
37 Champ Ross Da Truth Boxing 117-111 Pacquiao
38 Luis Sandoval Boxing Scene 117-111 Pacquiao
39 Jonathan Sakti Comcast SportsNet Bay Area 117-111 Pacquiao
40 Tim Starks Queensberry Rules 117-111 Pacquiao
41 Richie Tomassini Comcast SportsNet Bay Area 117-111 Pacquiao
42 Darren Velasco 8 Count News 117-111 Pacquiao
43 Rick Reeno Boxing Scene 116-112 Pacquiao
44 George Willis New York Post 116-112 Pacquiao
45 Steve Zemach Queensberry Rules 116-112 Pacquiao
46 Salmaan Ahmed Fight Today UK 116-112 Pacquiao
47 Armando Alvarez Telemundo 115-113 Pacquiao
48 Jake Donovan Boxing Scene 115-113 Pacquiao
49 Lem Satterfield Ring Magazine 115-113 Pacquiao
50 Thomas Hauser HBO 115-114 Bradley
51 Bart Barry HBO 116-115 Bradley
52 Brian Kenny Top Rank 116-112 Bradley
53 Springs Toledo The Sweet Science 117-112 Pacquiao
54 Michael Galvin RAF 116-112 Pacquiao
55 Aleksander Nazarov Boxing Scene 118-110 Pacquiao
56 Cliff Rold Boxing Scene 117-111 Pacquiao
Quote:
WBO verdict
The five WBO's Championship committee judges on the review panel all scored the fight in Pacquiao's favor — 117-111, 117-111, 118-110, 116-112 and 115-113. However, the WBO can't overturn the result of the fight. The Associated Press scored it 117-111 for Pacquiao.[18]
Quote:
Interviewed after the fight, as the crowd expressed their frustration, an equivocal Bradley said he would have to "watch the tape" and "see" if he won, before saying, "Let's do it again in November".
- Not something someone would say if he even thought the fight was close.

BORKED
The vid pretty much dictates how the fight went. yes Manny was effective, but Bradley pretty much landed 5 clean punches the entire fight to Pac's 20. The guy who made the video scored it by 1 round for Pac and that is one of the closest scorecards out there so I dont think he's biased in showing the HL clips, if you think he omitted some Bradley moments, please point out time of round.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #63
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 726

Quote:
if its top 5 on your list then I suggest you havent followed the sport very long, this was a very close fight and I had it 7 rounds to 5 for bradley first time watching it 2nd time I had it 8 rounds to 4 for Bradley.
Close fight anybody crying robbery here needs to come to grips that in a close fight there are no robberies
Lampley said its the worst decision he's seen in his time of covering the sport - 30 years.

Rafael said it's one of the worst decisions he's ever seen. - 13 years.

There are MANY in the sport who thought the decision was beyond ridiculous. I have Pac by 2 rounds but most have it a lot wider than that. Tt's a matter of opinion and his one is obviously a very popular one.

Honestly if you have it 8-4 to Bradley I dont know what to say, that's your opinion and youre entitled to it although given the evidence I posted above, I dont know how you came to that conclusion.

I would love to sit down with you and clearly analyse the fight, not to convince you otherwise but just to see where you're coming from, maybe you have a point and may convince me instead... How anyone can have it for Bradley completely baffles me. Then again, there are people who scored fights for Tito vs Oscar, Holyfied vs Lewis etc, cant always have 100% universal opinion. Usually though, the overwhelming majority opinion wins.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #64
Medicine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

LOL @ the Flomos still trying to act as if Bradley really won. Gayest group of fans ever.
Medicine is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #65
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity View Post
Lampley said its the worst decision he's seen in his time of covering the sport - 30 years.

Rafael said it's one of the worst decisions he's ever seen. - 13 years.

There are MANY in the sport who thought the decision was beyond ridiculous. I have Pac by 2 rounds but most have it a lot wider than that. Tt's a matter of opinion and his one is obviously a very popular one.

Honestly if you have it 8-4 to Bradley I dont know what to say, that's your opinion and youre entitled to it although given the evidence I posted above, I dont know how you came to that conclusion.

I would love to sit down with you and clearly analyse the fight, not to convince you otherwise but just to see where you're coming from, maybe you have a point and may convince me instead... How anyone can have it for Bradley completely baffles me. Then again, there are people who scored fights for Tito vs Oscar, Holyfied vs Lewis etc, cant always have 100% universal opinion. Usually though, the overwhelming majority opinion wins.
you drank the koolaid along with 95% of the viewers I am not a Flomosapien I hate Floyd, I will not lie for Pacquiao just because I hate Floyd either. Bradley won HBO sold you some bullshit the video below displays their blatant biased
Anybody who post bogus compu box stats doesnt know shit about what they talking about watch the full video you have no argument once you do
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riSEb-hdq8M[/ame]
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #66
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Bradley fought a close, not very entertaining fight against Pac. Had he gone out and laid down an ass whipping, he would be much more popular.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #67
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
Bradley fought a close, not very entertaining fight against Pac. Had he gone out and laid down an ass whipping, he would be much more popular.
This is why I want the rematch because I beleive we only saw 40% of Tim in that fight, two injured feet let me explain this here, your feet is where you get your power from, you push off your feet to turn over that right hand left hook etc...
I am sure Tim could not get off with full force on allot of those shots because of the injury. I want to see this rematch because if Manny couldnt find a way to beat a guy with two flat tires there is no way he is going to beat a healthy Bradley.
And this will settle the score, but for some odd reason Manny is content with the result, if I felt robbed I would push for that fight and nothing but, However Manny knows deep down it wasnt robbery, he knows he had a tuff fight and it has to be discouraging for him to know he had that hard of a time against a guy with two injuries.
I think Manny is just looking to cash in and call it a career at this stage, if he takes Bradley now with two healthy feet and losses his stock goes down the drain and there is no way he will get the 40 million that Floyd offered if that happens, so if he takes Marquez then Mayweather then Tim he will have an excuse for each loss.
Marquez, Well Marquez has his number great fighter no shame

Floyd, well Floyd is the best in the world no shame there

Tim, well Mannys shot now its expected.....

Tim will never gain any credit if it goes down like this, I really hope Manny steps up puts his greed to the side and comes get what he feel rightfully belongs to him...
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #68
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
you drank the koolaid along with 95% of the viewers I am not a Flomosapien I hate Floyd, I will not lie for Pacquiao just because I hate Floyd either. Bradley won HBO sold you some bullshit the video below displays their blatant biased
Anybody who post bogus compu box stats doesnt know shit about what they talking about watch the full video you have no argument once you do
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That video is great. Exactly why I had the fight 7-5 Bradley. Pac took off most of each round, then his few flurries didn't land.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #69
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
That video is great. Exactly why I had the fight 7-5 Bradley. Pac took off most of each round, then his few flurries didn't land.
I had the same score at first, the first three rounds, the 7th round and the last three rounds
Pac was trying to steal rounds in the last 30 seconds he gave his title away, re watching it that fourth round was Bradleys as well, Manny missed most of those shots and was never once on queer street as these ****ing idiots are saying.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #70
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
This is why I want the rematch because I beleive we only saw 40% of Tim in that fight, two injured feet let me explain this here, your feet is where you get your power from, you push off your feet to turn over that right hand left hook etc...
I am sure Tim could not get off with full force on allot of those shots because of the injury. I want to see this rematch because if Manny couldnt find a way to beat a guy with two flat tires there is no way he is going to beat a healthy Bradley.
And this will settle the score, but for some odd reason Manny is content with the result, if I felt robbed I would push for that fight and nothing but, However Manny knows deep down it wasnt robbery, he knows he had a tuff fight and it has to be discouraging for him to know he had that hard of a time against a guy with two injuries.
I think Manny is just looking to cash in and call it a career at this stage, if he takes Bradley now with two healthy feet and losses his stock goes down the drain and there is no way he will get the 40 million that Floyd offered if that happens, so if he takes Marquez then Mayweather then Tim he will have an excuse for each loss.
Marquez, Well Marquez has his number great fighter no shame

Floyd, well Floyd is the best in the world no shame there

Tim, well Mannys shot now its expected.....

Tim will never gain any credit if it goes down like this, I really hope Manny steps up puts his greed to the side and comes get what he feel rightfully belongs to him...
It's all about foot work. If you can't plant, you can't throw with conviction. I've sparred enough to know the difference between putting some weight behind a shot and throwing an arm punch.

Pac has nothing to gain by rematching Bradley. The fight won't sell much, even if he wins the fans will just say "told ya" and I highly doubt Pac has the ability to KO Bradley and make the win impressive.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #71
dhralf
**** the queen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
annihilating....
dhralf is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #72
stanislove12
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 387

because of trolls like you
stanislove12 is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #73
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

116-112 Pacquiao
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #74
sneakyright
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Bradley did not annihilate, dominate, blah blah blah, in any way, shape, or form. I was rootin' for Desert Storm bigtime, but he lost that fight.

Imo the reason he's not that big of a draw is because, as good and determined and tough, etc. that he is, he produces no highlight-reel KOs or beatdowns. Alot of folks that post on these boards will enjoy his performances and buy his PPVs without the money shot, but we're boxing geeks and in the minority sad to say.
sneakyright is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #75
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Bradley was never popular. He does nothing flashy doesn't have KO power just a good all around fighter who will never be fully appreciated or get his due. With that said I would put my money down on Bradley if a rematch happens Bradley knows what Pac can and can't do he was figuring out Pac in that later rounds and would beat Pac rather easily in the rematch. pac is the type of guy who doesn't make adjustments he will try to do the same thing he did in the first fight.
Pimp C is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum