Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740
Default Why does Oscar get grief for fighting Forbes yet...

When Trinidad fought Mayorga at 160 having to move up 13 pounds higher within a year it was perfectly acceptable?

Oscar gets hated on so much.

According to many he is past his prime, he can't ko anyone from 140 up, he is washed up, shot and old.

Yet he decides to fight a very decent fighter and use him as a tune up at catch weight and he gets all this grief?
IsaL is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
AliFrazier71
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does Oscar get grief for fighting Forbes yet...

Mayorga is much more marketable than Forbes. Plus, Mayorga was the former WW Champion, having only lost to Spinks. Those are some reasons off the top of my head. I think for the most part, people just dont want to see Oscar-Floyd 2, and they know Forbes has absolutely no shot at all. At least with Mayorga, there was a punchers chance.
AliFrazier71 is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

tito did not have a long history of fighting smaller guys moving up in weight.

the fishnet does.
Thread Stealer is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
dan-b

vCash:

Some people will deride DLH regardless of what he does. They are called bigots & are best ignored.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #5
istmeno
Contender
ESB Senior Member

add to it that mayorga's previous fight was at 154
istmeno is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

It is a common contradiction you hear from his haters.
For example.

"Why the **** is Floyd fighting Oscar. Geez, Oscar is washed up and doesn't mean shit. He can't even fight a full 12....etc, etc...etc"

Then you hear from the same posters/fans/retards

"Delahoya's taking on too easy an opponent...he wants an easy payday....blah blah blah this is bullshit and a farce....blah blah"
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
Shadowbox39
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
When Trinidad fought Mayorga at 160 having to move up 13 pounds higher within a year it was perfectly acceptable?

Oscar gets hated on so much.

According to many he is past his prime, he can't ko anyone from 140 up, he is washed up, shot and old.

Yet he decides to fight a very decent fighter and use him as a tune up at catch weight and he gets all this grief?
No matter who he fights (exception: Heavyweight), the haters on this site that only post to bash DLH will continue to do so. I chock this up to a couple of categories but of course there are many more:
1.) Jealousy
2.) He beat their hero years ago.
3.) see #2, and they have been waiting to see him get punished severely in the ring. Hasn't happened yet!
4.) see #2, they like the fact that he has lost fights and do not want to see him reclaim any glory.
5.) He isn't a prime fighter anymore, but he is still giving top p4p fighters a run for their money!
6.) If he beats Floyd they will have nothing bad to say ever again...too much at risk for them...so they all want to ban a rematch.
Shadowbox39 is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #8
liljuve13
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbox39
No matter who he fights (exception: Heavyweight), the haters on this site that only post to bash DLH will continue to do so. I chock this up to a couple of categories but of course there are many more:
1.) Jealousy
2.) He beat their hero years ago.
3.) see #2, and they have been waiting to see him get punished severely in the ring. Hasn't happened yet!
4.) see #2, they like the fact that he has lost fights and do not want to see him reclaim any glory.
5.) He isn't a prime fighter anymore, but he is still giving top p4p fighters a run for their money!
6.) If he beats Floyd they will have nothing bad to say ever again...too much at risk for them...so they all want to ban a rematch.
Another Annoying Oscar Fan
liljuve13 is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljuve13
He makes fair points though.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #10
Shadowbox39
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Correction, I am a boxing fan. And say what you will, DLH is a great technical boxer with good power and a resume filled with great fighters. All of you who hate on him KNOW this, yet you always manage to miss the above mentioned info in your "truly" insightful posts........how irresponsible of you!! LOL.
Shadowbox39 is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
Some people will deride DLH regardless of what he does. They are called bigots & are best ignored.
Yet again good post and indeed very impartial. U and TFFP will be having a lot of discussion over hopkins and calzaghe in the next few months and I guess it will become a bit heated.
john b is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #12
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliFrazier71
Mayorga is much more marketable than Forbes. Plus, Mayorga was the former WW Champion, having only lost to Spinks. Those are some reasons off the top of my head. I think for the most part, people just dont want to see Oscar-Floyd 2, and they know Forbes has absolutely no shot at all. At least with Mayorga, there was a punchers chance.
I agree, I'm a fan of Mayweather, and I don't want to see him fight DLH again. It's no point, he clearly beat DLH. Of course it's about money though. He needs to go ahead and beat Cotto
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #13
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo2006
I agree, I'm a fan of Mayweather, and I don't want to see him fight DLH again. It's no point, he clearly beat DLH. Of course it's about money though. He needs to go ahead and beat Cotto
True it his going to be a snoozefest especially for us who have to stay up till 4 in a morning to watch it.
john b is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #14
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by john b
Yet again good post and indeed very impartial. U and TFFP will be having a lot of discussion over hopkins and calzaghe in the next few months and I guess it will become a bit heated.
I have categorically stated I will not be talking about the fight until a few weeks before the date because I really don't see the point of repeating myself. Most of the threads just descend into childish name calling anyway. You can read my detailed prediction in the official prediction thread. You could say me & TFFP have a love/hate relationship.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #15
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Is this Oscar vs Forbes thins official? if it is he better not even think about putting it on PPV
thewoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum