Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #16
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does Oscar get grief for fighting Forbes yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo
Is this Oscar vs Forbes thins official? if it is he better not even think about putting it on PPV
they said it's on hbo, not ppv.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #17
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
I have categorically stated I will not be talking about the fight until a few weeks before the date because I really don't see the point of repeating myself. Most of the threads just descend into childish name calling anyway. You can read my detailed prediction in the official prediction thread. You could say me & TFFP have a love/hate relationship.
Yes I know but if TFFP comes out with bollocks u will tell him straight.
john b is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #18
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by john b
Yes I know but if TFFP comes out with bollocks u will tell him straight.
It's what he wants. He loves my retorts & attention.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #19
PhillyShell
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

yeah, that's pretty much all tffp does, say stupid crap and use the word "yank" like it's a word that people from the modern era actually say.
PhillyShell is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #20
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Task
They're both fags for taking on past thier prime bums and making us pay for it.

Well, I'll layoff the Oscar hate a bit since the Forbes fight is going to be on the "free HBO weekend".
I'm so tired of posts like this. Cant you come up with something more insightful?
Old 01-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #21
PhillyShell
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
I'm so tired of posts like this. Cant you come up with something more insightful?
i'm pretty sure that if it is necessary to ask that question, then the answer is 'no'.
PhillyShell is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 10:17 PM   #22
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UliUli
When Trinidad fought Mayorga at 160 having to move up 13 pounds higher within a year it was perfectly acceptable?

Oscar gets hated on so much.

According to many he is past his prime, he can't ko anyone from 140 up, he is washed up, shot and old.

Yet he decides to fight a very decent fighter and use him as a tune up at catch weight and he gets all this grief?
If you really have to ask that you really don't know too much.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #23
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UliUli
When Trinidad fought Mayorga at 160 having to move up 13 pounds higher within a year it was perfectly acceptable?

Oscar gets hated on so much.

According to many he is past his prime, he can't ko anyone from 140 up, he is washed up, shot and old.

Yet he decides to fight a very decent fighter and use him as a tune up at catch weight and he gets all this grief?
Mayorga moved up 6 lbs, he was already fighting at 154, and they are both former welterweight champions.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #24
istmeno
Contender
ESB Senior Member

what will the weight difference be on the night of the fight. forbes will have to put rocks in his pocket to get up to 150. and dlh will be well over 160 at fight time. this fight is wrong on so many different levels. this fight is a recipe for disaster.
istmeno is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 12:13 AM   #25
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Instead of Forbes, Why not Sergio Mora, The Contender Champion? Or Antonio Margarito? Now that De La Hoya is old and Feeble, He doesn't want to fight Mexicans anymore??
la-califa is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #26
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by la-califa
Instead of Forbes, Why not Sergio Mora, The Contender Champion? Or Antonio Margarito? Now that De La Hoya is old and Feeble, He doesn't want to fight Mexicans anymore??
relaity check: Oscar owns Mexico in the boxing ring.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #27
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Reality check II- He used too, He's not what he used to be. Plus who's the last Mexican he's fought? Vargas? Margarito would end his days in the ring and banish him to his island home, to live out his remaining days with his new countrymen.
la-califa is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #28
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by la-califa
Reality check II- He used too, He's not what he used to be. Plus who's the last Mexican he's fought? Vargas? Margarito would end his days in the ring and banish him to his island home, to live out his remaining days with his new countrymen.
keep hoping mang
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 03:05 AM   #29
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 289

The thing is I think most Oscar haters are actually ex Oscar fans. That is why they are so passionate on their disliking him. Because of the quality of his opposition he has beaten many people's favorite fighter at one point. Be it Trinidad (imo), Quartey, Whitaker, Chavez, Leiga, etc..The rest are young guys that have not watched the old Oscar fights and don't know why he is so hardly regarded (these are the people that say Oscar has lost all his "big" fights. I love DLH but at the moment and think at first it was a great idea for him to enter the WW division but I thought he would have started over in the division, starting with the likes of Cintron or Margarito and fighting next for a championship position. For me, anger towards DLH comes in his completely interrupting the division and going from a guy who fought anyone to his current position as a guy who wants to fight easily beatable opponents. The thing is nothing is official yet. I don't think there would be so much Oscar hating going on if Oscar were to fight Cotto rather than Mayweather. Also, as far as the hating, I think there is a big fear that either a great boxer (DLH) or the pound for pound king will get their legacies damaged in this next fight which has no real value in boxing circles.
eliqueiros is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 03:06 AM   #30
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliqueiros
The thing is I think most Oscar haters are actually ex Oscar fans. That is why they are so passionate on their disliking him. Because of the quality of his opposition he has beaten many people's favorite fighter at one point. Be it Trinidad (imo), Quartey, Whitaker, Chavez, Leiga, etc..The rest are young guys that have not watched the old Oscar fights and don't know why he is so hardly regarded (these are the people that say Oscar has lost all his "big" fights. I love DLH but at the moment and think at first it was a great idea for him to enter the WW division but I thought he would have started over in the division, starting with the likes of Cintron or Margarito and fighting next for a championship position. For me, anger towards DLH comes in his completely interrupting the division and going from a guy who fought anyone to his current position as a guy who wants to fight easily beatable opponents. The thing is nothing is official yet. I don't think there would be so much Oscar hating going on if Oscar were to fight Cotto rather than Mayweather. Also, as far as the hating, I think there is a big fear that either a great boxer (DLH) or the pound for pound king will get their legacies damaged in this next fight which has no real value in boxing circles.
Sorry about the typos
eliqueiros is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum