Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-25-2008, 04:45 AM   #31
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does Oscar get grief for fighting Forbes yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UliUli
When Trinidad fought Mayorga at 160 having to move up 13 pounds higher within a year it was perfectly acceptable?

Oscar gets hated on so much.

According to many he is past his prime, he can't ko anyone from 140 up, he is washed up, shot and old.

Yet he decides to fight a very decent fighter and use him as a tune up at catch weight and he gets all this grief?

im with you oscar is hated on too much
Benjiabc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #32
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
If you really have to ask that you really don't know too much.
Give him a break.

He's suffering from the disease known as Oscar***uality.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #33
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by UliUli
When Trinidad fought Mayorga at 160 having to move up 13 pounds higher within a year it was perfectly acceptable?

Oscar gets hated on so much.

According to many he is past his prime, he can't ko anyone from 140 up, he is washed up, shot and old.

Yet he decides to fight a very decent fighter and use him as a tune up at catch weight and he gets all this grief?
When trinidad used mayorga as a comeback/tune up type fight... mayorga was still considered somewhat dangerous..... he still had never been hurt in a fight, and was only ONE fight after being the Welterweight champion of the world....

adding to that tito hadnt fought in two years himself, and nobody knew if his chin, power, stamina, or ANYTHING would be there to deal with mayorga...

i dont see how that can in any way be compared to hoya picking forbes as a fight....
kirk is online now  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #34
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

De La Hoya wears fishnets and fights men that are much smaller physically than himself, Tito has fought larger men for the later part of his career with the exception of Mayorga.

But Mayorga was at least dangerous.

Why does Oscar fight people that Tito has already damaged and softened up like Vargas and Mayorga?

If he had not taken a dive against Hopkins he would have taken that beating that we all want to see him take. If he had fought Cotto he would have taken the beating that we all want to see him take, and if he would have fought like a man against Tito he would have taken the beating we all want to see him take.

But he is fighting light hitting Gayweather again with the very dangerous Steve Forbes Junior lightweight as a tune up, so **** this faggot and his loyal fans.

He is just a fraud and i don't see why it is that hard to see.
bronx is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #35
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx
De La Hoya wears fishnets and fights men that are much smaller physically than himself, Tito has fought larger men for the later part of his career with the exception of Mayorga.

But Mayorga was at least dangerous.

Why does Oscar fight people that Tito has already damaged and softened up like Vargas and Mayorga?

If he had not taken a dive against Hopkins he would have taken that beating that we all want to see him take. If he had fought Cotto he would have taken the beating that we all want to see him take, and if he would have fought like a man against Tito he would have taken the beating we all want to see him take.

But he is fighting light hitting Gayweather again with the very dangerous Steve Forbes Junior lightweight as a tune up, so **** this faggot and his loyal fans.

He is just a fraud and i don't see why it is that hard to see.
some good points, but even though de la fishnet ran, he should not have lost the track meet of the millenium against that zombie tito.

Last edited by kerosene; 01-11-2007 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #36
Shadowbox39
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Oh look, another vent for Tito fans who just saw there hero get beaten horribly again! I believe DLH beat Vargas and Mayorga in a fashion you could call clinical. Also, he beat both men faster than Trinidad! Shit, he had Mayorga on the canvas in the first minute man.... Face if bro,
DLH > Tito.
Shadowbox39 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #37
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Stealer
some good points, but even though de la fishnet ran, he should not have lost the track meet of the millenium against that zombie tito.
Check the record it was a W for TIto not one judge had it for oscar, I had it a draw myself.
bronx is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #38
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx
Check the record it was a W for TIto not one judge had it for oscar, I had it a draw myself.
The record also says the golden fishnet beat felix strum, but the truth lies elsewhere.

it was a draw at best for tito against the fishnet.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #39
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbox39
Oh look, another vent for Tito fans who just saw there hero get beaten horribly again! I believe DLH beat Vargas and Mayorga in a fashion you could call clinical. Also, he beat both men faster than Trinidad! Shit, he had Mayorga on the canvas in the first minute man.... Face if bro,
DLH > Tito.
did you watch the vargas fight? vargas won rounds 1,3,5,9 and was winning the 10th before hoya hurt him... then hoya finished him in the 11th and it was clinical? lol...
kirk is online now  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #40
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
DLH > Tito.
that's because they were not the same after trinidad gave them career-altering beatdowns.

vargas was dropped and badly hurt against the so-so punching power of rivera right after tito, and looked mediocre against flores before fighting dlh.

even dlh will concede that tito did a lot of damage to vargas, but his fanboys seem to think that vargas was the same (or even better ) fighter after he fought trinidad.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #41
Shadowbox39
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

that's because they were not the same after trinidad gave them career-altering beatdowns.

Quote:
vargas was dropped and badly hurt against the so-so punching power of rivera right after tito, and looked mediocre against flores before fighting dlh.

even dlh will concede that tito did a lot of damage to vargas, but his fanboys seem to think that vargas was the same (or even better ) fighter after he fought trinidad.
No, I don't beleive Tito changed who Vargas or Mayorga were...he was just the first to expose them for what they really were....brawlers who had nothing to fall back on when someone hit them harder. And in the Vargas fight, Fernando was only winning on the ropes and in the center of the ring DLH was putting on a clinic...watch the fight again and you'll even see the commentators saying as much. Also, refresh my memories, wasn't Vargas juicing for the DLH fight as he was the most ripped he had ever been in his career? It was a clinic, because for all the uneducated boxing fans out there, Oscar showed how to set someone up for a feingt/left hook by establishing a blazing jab. Oscar beat the bigger stronger man that day, but still won't get any credit for it from you guys. Sad.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #42
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:

No, I don't beleive Tito changed who Vargas or Mayorga were...he was just the first to expose them for what they really were....brawlers who had nothing to fall back on when someone hit them harder. And in the Vargas fight, Fernando was only winning on the ropes and in the center of the ring DLH was putting on a clinic...watch the fight again and you'll even see the commentators saying as much. Also, refresh my memories, wasn't Vargas juicing for the DLH fight as he was the most ripped he had ever been in his career? It was a clinic, because for all the uneducated boxing fans out there, Oscar showed how to set someone up for a feingt/left hook by establishing a blazing jab. Oscar beat the bigger stronger man that day, but still won't get any credit for it from you guys. Sad.
vargas a brawler??? dude honestly im not sure youve seen him fight... lol... vargas had nothing to fall back on when someone hit them harder??? lol... your blind man. Out of 10 full rounds against oscar.... vargas won 4... lol... 'only on the ropes'... uuuh... i dont know what world you live in but it doesnt matter where your winning... lol.

vargas was no brawler, and that was no ****ing clinic.
kirk is online now  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #43
Shadowbox39
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Another point on DLH vs. Tito that you all casually leave out...it was promoted by Don King who owned Tito....Oscar will never fight him again while he fights under Don King...alot of talk went on back then of the corruption of judges...especially in Don King promoted fights...or have you all forgotten that. DLH put on one of his best clinics against Tito..and in the last three rounds he did what he was supposed to do against a guy that needed a KO to win...stay away from the desperate fighter and jab as he comes forward. DLH won 7 of those rounds easily and exposed Tito as the plodding one dimensional fighter that he is...DLH gets the credit in my book for showing others how to beat Tito.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #44
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Vargas was not a brawler with nothing to fall back on. That is junk.

the guy could box well, as he showed in the fights with quartey, campas, and marquez.

oscar was faster and better from the outside so he had to brawl more against dlh.

if vargas was not changed, then why the difference in the fights immediately preceding the vargas fight (quartey, thompson, wright which really was a good performance since he now know how good winky is) and immediatley after it (rivera, flores)???

tito did a lot of damage to vargas, and even the golden fishnet said "yeah, I added to the damage that tito did to vargas".

Old 01-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #45
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
When trinidad used mayorga as a comeback/tune up type fight... mayorga was still considered somewhat dangerous..... he still had never been hurt in a fight, and was only ONE fight after being the Welterweight champion of the world....

adding to that tito hadnt fought in two years himself, and nobody knew if his chin, power, stamina, or ANYTHING would be there to deal with mayorga...

i dont see how that can in any way be compared to hoya picking forbes as a fight....
and i want uli to tell me how he can compare this to oscar picking forbes
kirk is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum