Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default How would Anderson Silva have done against every LHW champion of his UFC reign?

Anderson won the middleweight title on October 14, 2006, and is still the champion.

When he first won the belt, Chuck Liddell was light-heavyweight champion, and now it's Jon Jones.

If Anderson had moved up and fought every one of the lhw champions after they'd been crowned, how would he have done?

1st - 2006 - Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell

2nd - 2007 - Anderson Silva vs Rampage Jackson

3rd - 2008 - Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin ()

4th - 2008 - Anderson Silva vs Rashad Evans

5th - 2009 - Anderson Silva vs Lyoto Machida

6th - 2010 - Anderson Silva vs Shogun Rua

7th - 2011 - Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones

I'm going with 5 wins (3 KOs, 2 points), 2 losses (unsure).
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: How would Anderson Silva have done against every LHW champion of his UFC reign?

I think Machida would have the best chance to beat him. It would be interesting to see the 2 best strikers in the game go at it.
benebox is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How would Anderson Silva have done against every LHW champion of his UFC reign?

Defeats Liddell tko round 4 (Only because Liddell has become easy to figure out at this point. I take a more aggressive Liddell to tko Silva, as Silva has no respect for his opponent's ability to hit him.)

Submits Jackson Guillotine round 4

Tko's Griffin in 1

Tko's Rashad in 2

Machida wins by tko round 3

Shogun by tko 1

Jones tko 2
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i always wished he moved up to make those fights happen...205 has always been the glamor division in UFC and always competitive

his options at that weight to me were much better than his opponents at 185

however he most likely would have succeeded at 205 but his choice to not venture up there to try to get the title makes me wonder
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
Defeats Liddell tko round 4 (Only because Liddell has become easy to figure out at this point. I take a more aggressive Liddell to tko Silva, as Silva has no respect for his opponent's ability to hit him.)

Submits Jackson Guillotine round 4

Tko's Griffin in 1

Tko's Rashad in 2

Machida wins by tko round 3

Shogun by tko 1

Jones tko 2
I'd go with:

Silva TKO3 Chuck

Silva decision Rampage

Silva KO1 Rashad

Silva split-decision Machida

I think the UFC champ version of Shogun could maybe beat Silva, Shogun was so heavy-handed and his chin was granite, plus he's a stronger wrestler/grappler (not too confident about this one mind you)

Jones would sub or TKO a Silva worn down by vicious GnP on the ground

5-2
Old 08-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

He would made everyone his bitch and make them accept it
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And the go on to his victory dance

greathamza is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

delete
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Machida and Shogun are the only ones really up for discussion.

Chuck, Rampage and Griffin all get beaten soundly. Jones wrecks Silva.

Shogun would be amazing to watch. I think Shogun could very easily put Silva through some hell, but Silva is active enough and damaging enough off his back to really wear Shogun down. He may well finish Shogun in the later rounds.

Machida would be the most interesting one to watch. If anyone has the timing and the reach knowledge to trouble Silva, it's him.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

I think Anderson would outclass Shogun on the feet. On the ground, it may be interesting, but Shogun is too wild on the feet, especially with his boxing, for someone like Anderson.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think he'd beat them all but Jones.

2nd RD ko of Chuck.

He would respect Chuck's power. And the only reason it goes that long is because they both like to counter.

3rd round TKO of Page, via knees.

Forrest...LOL

Rashad. Rashad's only chance is to lay on him. But the champion version liked to show his standup. Which means he'd have been KO'ed in the 1st.

Against Machida...It would be a rather boring fight with both looking to counter, while Machida worked low kicks from the outside. Eventually causing Anderson to chase him. Eventually Anderson would catch Machida moving to the inside. Rock him, then finish him off.

Shogun. Even the Shogun that was robbed in the first fight was rather easy to hit with punches. Which would be Shogun's downfall in a fight he'd be rather comeptitive in for a little while till he starts accumulating damage, then Anderson would drop the hammer on him and finish him off in the 3rd, much like Jones, but with more head shots.
afterglow is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #11
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
He would made everyone his bitch and make them accept it

And the go on to his victory dance

I recognise JCVD's moves anywhere, even if they had Segal's face all over them!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #12
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

1st - 2006 - Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell Silva TKO 2

2nd - 2007 - Anderson Silva vs Rampage Jackson Silva TKO 4

3rd - 2008 - Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin

4th - 2008 - Anderson Silva vs Rashad Evans Silva TKO 3

5th - 2009 - Anderson Silva vs Lyoto Machida Silva UD

6th - 2010 - Anderson Silva vs Shogun Rua Silva TKO 4

7th - 2011 - Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones Jones UD

Ive got him going 6 & 1 , for what its worth i think todays Rashad goes the distance with Silva

One thing worth pointing out about Jones Silva, has Jones got that good of a top game where a) he can effectively strike Silva and cause significant damage, and b) this while not being submitted ???, im not sure he has, he'll have little problems getting him to the mat, but what then ???

And whats more ****ing infuriating is that during this period he fought chumps @185, Maia, Cote, Leites and the likes, rephrase that, there were much much more appealing fights @205 at this time for Anderson Silva

He could have and should have (if the UFC and his own management had nurtured him up to 205, remember it was about this time where he openly stated he wont be going back up) held both titles simultaneously

Last edited by thewinfella; 08-26-2012 at 05:45 AM.
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #13
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Jackson and Jones would beat him, Machida would be a close one and he beats the rest
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 05:53 AM   #14
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
I think Anderson would outclass Shogun on the feet. On the ground, it may be interesting, but Shogun is too wild on the feet, especially with his boxing, for someone like Anderson.
Shogun is wild on his feet now that he's becoming older and more tired and more wreckless, but if you watch the first Machida-Shogun fight, Rua isn't wild at all. He's an excellent Muay Thai striker. If he fights like that, with his advantages in heavy-handed power, weight/strength, chin, and grappling/wrestling, that fight would be extremely dangerous for Anderson.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #15
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Surprised at a few people tipping Anderson to TKO Rampage. I think Anderson would definitely beat Rampage because he's just a much smarter, more offensively varied, more skilled, and all-round better fighter. But the only times Page has ever been TKO'd were by the peak ultraviolence of Wandy and Shogun, I don't think Anderson in the UFC packs the same facekicking ferocity, I think Rampage would make the final bell for sure. Even now he's shot, he's still a sack of wet cement when it comes to resilience to strikes.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum