Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #16
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How would Anderson Silva have done against every LHW champion of his UFC reign?

He would not beat Rampage imo, he'd be taken down and ass raped like Igor, Chuck, Ninja, Lindland and Hendo were. All have x10 the TDD of Anderson, all hit the mat against Jackson

Remember Anderson got mounted by Sonnen in his last fight...styles makes fights, people are forgetting that Page is a wrestler
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #17
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: How would Anderson Silva have done against every LHW champion of his UFC reign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
He would not beat Rampage imo, he'd be taken down and ass raped like Igor, Chuck, Ninja, Lindland and Hendo were. All have x10 the TDD of Anderson, all hit the mat against Jackson

Remember Anderson got mounted by Sonnen in his last fight...styles makes fights, people are forgetting that Page is a wrestler
Interesting call. Yeah, I suppose if Rampage approached the fight smartly and used his wrestling as he did earlier in his career, he could have a lot of success against Anderson. If he decided to purely stand up like he did later in his UFC days, I think he'd get outlanded and beaten.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #18
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Anderson won the middleweight title on October 14, 2006, and is still the champion.

When he first won the belt, Chuck Liddell was light-heavyweight champion, and now it's Jon Jones.

If Anderson had moved up and fought every one of the lhw champions after they'd been crowned, how would he have done?

1st - 2006 - Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell

2nd - 2007 - Anderson Silva vs Rampage Jackson

3rd - 2008 - Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin ()

4th - 2008 - Anderson Silva vs Rashad Evans

5th - 2009 - Anderson Silva vs Lyoto Machida

6th - 2010 - Anderson Silva vs Shogun Rua

7th - 2011 - Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones

I'm going with 5 wins (3 KOs, 2 points), 2 losses (unsure).
Silva UD Lidell
Silva submits Rampage (could very well be onyl a decision victory, PRIDE Rampage could win but UFC Rampage doesn't use his wrestling)
No need to talk about Forrest
Silva TKO Rashad/Rashad UD Silva it depends on Rashads willingsness to use his wrestling or if it's L-1 Rashad
Silva vs Machida I really don't know this would be most interesting fight ever for me
Silva UD Shogun maybe late TKO
Silva has a great china nd doesn't cut easily so probably Jones via UD but there is a chance that Silva just beats him this fight is 60/40 for Jones
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #19
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Stylistically this is the toughest fight on here for that reason, Rampage can wrestle and hits ****ing hard. Im quite surprised most people picked Jones, but ignored Rampages credentials

I think Anderson may take the 1st rounds due to Rampages willingness to trade. The clinch will always be an issue here, as will Pages gas tank in the later rounds. But this was still the stage where Page mixed up his strikes with his wrestling, and I doubt Anderson will go the leg kick for 25 minute route that Forrest took.

In a striking match Id pick Anderson. But Page is bigger, stronger, has A grade a chin, some good sub defence, great TD's and gnp...As I said earlier, if he can take down Liddel and Lindland, then him beating Silva in similar fashion is the most likely scenario for me
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #20
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Stylistically this is the toughest fight on here for that reason, Rampage can wrestle and hits ****ing hard. Im quite surprised most people picked Jones, but ignored Rampages credentials

I think Anderson may take the 1st rounds due to Rampages willingness to trade. The clinch will always be an issue here, as will Pages gas tank in the later rounds. But this was still the stage where Page mixed up his strikes with his wrestling, and I doubt Anderson will go the leg kick for 25 minute route that Forrest took.

In a striking match Id pick Anderson. But Page is bigger, stronger, has A grade a chin, some good sub defence, great TD's and gnp...As I said earlier, if he can take down Liddel and Lindland, then him beating Silva in similar fashion is the most likely scenario for me
We're talking about Rampage after he knocked out Lidell he wouldn't use his wrestling
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #21
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Surprised at a few people tipping Anderson to TKO Rampage. I think Anderson would definitely beat Rampage because he's just a much smarter, more offensively varied, more skilled, and all-round better fighter. But the only times Page has ever been TKO'd were by the peak ultraviolence of Wandy and Shogun, I don't think Anderson in the UFC packs the same facekicking ferocity, I think Rampage would make the final bell for sure. Even now he's shot, he's still a sack of wet cement when it comes to resilience to strikes.
You cant defend what you cant see coming, i dont think Rampage gets flattened face down through the ropes TKO'd, but accumulation and output beats Rampage here

Silva is just too quick for Rampage, with the reach advantage and his muay thai ability i just see Rampage as " too easy " a target for Silva not to land effective strikes over and over again, without much feedback !!, and then lets consider the MT clinch ???

If Rampage bull rushes and looks to land at short range / inside he has a chance of clipping and potentially taking Silva out, but its a small one IMHO
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #22
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:

I dont think anyone's forgetting anything Stoo, Rampage can wrestle yes, but wrestling Silva to a decision, or pounding him out on top, is not in Rampage's arsenal, not withstanding that he will stand with Silva before he'll wrestle him, my opinion !!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #23
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotPunch View Post
We're talking about Rampage after he knocked out Lidell he wouldn't use his wrestling
He took down Hendo two or three times in the fight immediately after that one...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #24
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
I dont think anyone's forgetting anything Stoo, Rampage can wrestle yes, but wrestling Silva to a decision, or pounding him out on top, is not in Rampage's arsenal, not withstanding that he will stand with Silva before he'll wrestle him, my opinion !!
Yes it is
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #25
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yes it is
So you see Rampage pounding Silva out from top position ??
Old 08-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #26
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I see him taking Silva down if/when he gets tagged yes. Rampage fell in love with his boxing during his UFC run, but we are talking about the guy who beat Liddel and Hendo in 08 here, he was still mixing up his boxing and wrestling. Even after that he tried the same with Machida, Jardine and Evans. Those guys are noted for being tough to take down, Anderson is not. He is also not a natural 205er either

He took down, or attempted to, every striker he faced up till that point. Igor, Wandy, Liddel, the Ruas brothers. I have no idea where you got the notion that it would be out of character for Page to work his gnp

Do you see Anderson lasting till the 5th round against Chael if Sonnen hit half as hard as Quinton?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #27
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
I think Machida and Shogun are the only ones really up for discussion.

Chuck, Rampage and Griffin all get beaten soundly. Jones wrecks Silva.

Shogun would be amazing to watch. I think Shogun could very easily put Silva through some hell, but Silva is active enough and damaging enough off his back to really wear Shogun down. He may well finish Shogun in the later rounds.

Machida would be the most interesting one to watch. If anyone has the timing and the reach knowledge to trouble Silva, it's him.
I think Silva's speed would be a big factor as hes quick for a MW let alone at LHW. Jones I would pick to win probably by UD as he isn't overly risk prone and silva has great defense off his back. Apart from that see him beating everyone else over 5.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #28
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
I see him taking Silva down if/when he gets tagged yes. Rampage fell in love with his boxing during his UFC run, but we are talking about the guy who beat Liddel and Hendo in 08 here, he was still mixing up his boxing and wrestling. Even after that he tried the same with Machida, Jardine and Evans. Those guys are noted for being tough to take down, Anderson is not. He is also not a natural 205er either

He took down, or attempted to, every striker he faced up till that point. Igor, Wandy, Liddel, the Ruas brothers. I have no idea where you got the notion that it would be out of character for Page to work his gnp

Do you see Anderson lasting till the 5th round against Chael if Sonnen hit half as hard as Quinton?
The quick answer to your question at the bottom there is no !! , but my reply would be that Sonnen is a much more effective wrestler than Rampage, with better cardio to maintain an assault on top for the distance of a championship fight

I didnt say it was out of character for Rampage to pound Silva out, i said it was not in his arsenal, Silva's long lims and BJJ are simply too good for Rampage off the bottom, and lets not forget here the barrage and pressure Rampage would be facing on the feet

My overall opinion of this scenario is that Rampage while a good solid wrestler, with a dangerous top game, just isnt good enough to control or effectively " pound out " Anderson Silva, i just dont think he is

Added to that, even a Prime Rampage (for me personally i think this was Liddell / Hendo) just didnt have the agility and cardio required to relentlessly pursue Silva and keep throwing him to the mat, then on top of that defend Silva's JJ, then pound him out !!!

Just dont see it
Old 08-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #29
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
I think Machida and Shogun are the only ones really up for discussion.

Chuck, Rampage and Griffin all get beaten soundly. Jones wrecks Silva.

Shogun would be amazing to watch. I think Shogun could very easily put Silva through some hell, but Silva is active enough and damaging enough off his back to really wear Shogun down. He may well finish Shogun in the later rounds.

Machida would be the most interesting one to watch. If anyone has the timing and the reach knowledge to trouble Silva, it's him.
I think Silva's speed would be a big factor as hes quick for a MW let alone at LHW. Jones I would pick to win probably by UD as he isn't overly risk prone and silva has great defense off his back. Apart from that see him beating everyone else over 5.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #30
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Rampage too slow IMO
Matt Ldn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum