Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #61
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How would Anderson Silva have done against every LHW champion of his UFC reign?

Fair enough fella, and I agree with that Anderson is enthralling to watch.
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #62
Will Munny
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: How would Anderson Silva have done against every LHW champion of his UFC reign?

1st - 2006 - Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell
Silva KO

2nd - 2007 - Anderson Silva vs Rampage Jackson
Rampage Decision

3rd - 2008 - Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin ()
Silva KO

4th - 2008 - Anderson Silva vs Rashad Evans
Rashad Decision

5th - 2009 - Anderson Silva vs Lyoto Machida
Silva KO

6th - 2010 - Anderson Silva vs Shogun Rua
Shogun Decision

7th - 2011 - Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones
Jones KO/Death
Will Munny is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #63
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Munny View Post
2nd - 2007 - Anderson Silva vs Rampage Jackson
Rampage Decision
ummm can I change my pick please...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #64
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
4th - 2008 - Anderson Silva vs Rashad Evans
Rashad Decision
No, seriously, what round would Anderson stanky-leg him in? Come on now.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #65
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
The same round as Jon Jones

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI[/ame]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #66
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
The same round as Jon Jones

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dunno what that's meant to mean. I've only been about for a few months.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #67
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #68
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

I still want to know why so many think that Silva could defeat Shogun. I'm not saying you are crazy, but I haven't seen any good reasoning for it. I want to know how Silva is supposed to win here.

This would not be some sort of boxing match. Shogun has a solid chin, and would be looking to blast Anderson's legs. What is Silva going to do to stop Shogun from kicking his legs out from under him?
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #69
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Anderson Silva has that timing. Shogun will come forward, and the quick counters will take their toll. Too reckless in my eyes, he won't be able to fight his fight. The Spider is lighter on his feet, better defense, and a killer on the outside. Shogun is a tall order, but not the better man.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #70
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

There's a lot of assumption that Silva is just going to be able to move & 'box' his way to victory here against Muay Thai/Karate guys with a good array of kicks to close the distance and some very good TD artists too...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #71
Will Munny
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Is 2008 Rashad pre Jackson? If so, than I would agree that he would get starched, but if Rashad fights smart and uses his wrestling, there is no reason why he can't wrestle his way to a pretty lopsided decision.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:40 AM   #72
Will Munny
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Fair enough fella, and I agree with that Anderson is enthralling to watch.
Does he make your inner thighs tingle?
Old 08-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #73
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Is 2008 Rashad pre Jackson? If so, than I would agree that he would get starched, but if Rashad fights smart and uses his wrestling, there is no reason why he can't wrestle his way to a pretty lopsided decision.
Yes there is. His chin. And Silva's power. No way does Rashad last a full five rounds without getting smacked at some point and getting finished. I honestly cannot see it at all, and that's being fair to Rashad, who is a very good fighter. Evans does not have a chin like Sonnen, as soon as Anderson got angry and went after him, he'd do what Machida did and have the legs going every which way but loose. Don't forget how Silva got up after taking a first round pounding from Hendo, got angry, went after him, hurt him, and finished him. If he can do that to an absolute stallion like Hendo, surely he could do it to Rashad.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #74
Will Munny
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Yes there is. His chin. And Silva's power. No way does Rashad last a full five rounds without getting smacked at some point and getting finished. I honestly cannot see it at all, and that's being fair to Rashad, who is a very good fighter. Evans does not have a chin like Sonnen, as soon as Anderson got angry and went after him, he'd do what Machida did and have the legs going every which way but loose. Don't forget how Silva got up after taking a first round pounding from Hendo, got angry, went after him, hurt him, and finished him. If he can do that to an absolute stallion like Hendo, surely he could do it to Rashad.
Machida is a completely different animal. Anderson has absolutely nothing on him as far as tdd and grappling from a standing position.

Hendo is another terrible example. At this point in their careers, and when Hendo fought Anderson, Evans is and was a far superior wrestler. Hendo also has terrible cardio, and because of that, he wouldn't be able to stick to a suffocating, top heavy wrestling game plan.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #75
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Machida is a completely different animal. Anderson has absolutely nothing on him as far as tdd and grappling from a standing position.

Hendo is another terrible example. At this point in their careers, and when Hendo fought Anderson, Evans is and was a far superior wrestler. Hendo also has terrible cardio, and because of that, he wouldn't be able to stick to a suffocating, top heavy wrestling game plan.
Er, a terrible example of what exactly? I'm not trying to say Silva vs Evans would look exactly the same as either Machida vs Evans or Silva vs Hendo. This isn't a comparison game. I'm saying that the Machida vs Evans was one of the fights where Evans' shaky chin was exposed by a high-level striker, and the Silva vs Hendo fight was one of the fights where Silva's power to hurt even the sturdiest of chins was in evidence.

Anyone can say that no two fights are exactly alike, that isn't a remotely insightful or valuable point to make.

In my opinion, even if Rashad is grappling the shit out of Silva for large portions of this fight, he will get clipped and get finished at some point, because the fight can't be on the ground from the first bell to the last without at least some stand-up sections, and when Silva gets a brief chance to hurt Rashad, he will do so. JMHO.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum