Old 09-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #46
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: Fury vs Chagaev!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamacianlad3434 View Post
I can see where your coming from with regards to his movement for a big man, and im not disputing that he has something special about him. However, i can't shake the image of Pajkic putting him down. Neven arguably has one of the worst punching techniques iv'e ever witnessed, you can see it coming a mile off.

I really hope Fury realises his undoubted potential, but i'm still sceptical at this point, despite his recent improvement in performance against what must go down as limited opposition.
This pretty much sums up what I think.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #47
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
I can see where your coming from with regards to his movement for a big man, and im not disputing that he has something special about him. However, i can't shake the image of Pajkic putting him down. Neven arguably has one of the worst punching techniques iv'e ever witnessed, you can see it coming a mile off.

I really hope Fury realises his undoubted potential, but i'm still sceptical at this point, despite his recent improvement in performance against what must go down as limited opposition.
He was on the drink the week of the Pajkic fight in fairness.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #48
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:

it's a common thing on the British boards so don't worry.

All I can say about Pajkic, he got hit FLUSH on the chin, 100% clean, bang on the target, with a big shot from a 230lb man.

He got up with a clear head, he wasn't wobbling about or nothing.

Fury was grossly out of shape, plodding, poorly trained (out getting pissed the week of the fight) and distracted by the illness of his young child.

And after getting knocked down, he got up, and MULLERED the guy, like a champ. He didn't run, hide, fold under pressure. He ****ing battered the cunt for having the Audacity to drop him

If theres one positive to take from that moment, it was that it brought the fight out in Fury (and he can FIGHT), it didn't take the fight out of him

We will never See Fury look that bad again, and even at his WORST, he got the job done against a young, unbeaten domestic champ.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #49
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
it's a common thing on the British boards so don't worry.

All I can say about Pajkic, he got hit FLUSH on the chin, 100% clean, bang on the target, with a big shot from a 230lb man.

He got up with a clear head, he wasn't wobbling about or nothing.

Fury was grossly out of shape, plodding, poorly trained (out getting pissed the week of the fight) and distracted by the illness of his young child.

And after getting knocked down, he got up, and MULLERED the guy, like a champ. He didn't run, hide, fold under pressure. He ****ing battered the cunt for having the Audacity to drop him

If theres one positive to take from that moment, it was that it brought the fight out in Fury (and he can FIGHT), it didn't take the fight out of him

We will never See Fury look that bad again, and even at his WORST, he got the job done against a young, unbeaten domestic champ.

I like what you say and think it pretty much sums things up.............hopefully!

I do like him, he's probably the Heavyweight I look forward to watching most, not because he's the best, but he certainly comes to fight and you are pretty much guaranteed some entertainment, despite the questionable quality of skill on show sometimes.

I really want him to fulfil the alleged potential and neither buy into or understand all the haters, surely from a boxing fans point of the view its best to want that, its better for the British game.

Another good thing about him is charisma, he definitely has it, and in an age where so many sports personalities lack just that he is very marketable, and a boxer that can transcend the sport and appeal to the casual fan is what we desperately need IMO.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #50
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Sometimes i wonder if we are scared of success?

Or we are just used to having our hopes built up and then crushed that we prefer to hate on a guy so if he does lose we can say "yeah well, i said he was shit anyway"

I think we have become a but cynical at times.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #51
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I like what Earlhickey said earlier about Price and Fury not fighting yet.Dont want to see it either,dont place much importance on the amateur result considering the difference in age and experience.Would be a good un now,but great in the future.
Believe it when I see it,but think Furys got what it takes to beat Chagaev.This would likely be a bigger scalp than Audley.Then David would want it even more,could push them into taking a jump in class if they dont land it.Next year could be very interesting.
On Britishboxers Tyson mentioned hand problems.Hope this doesnt hold him back.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #52
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Sometimes i wonder if we are scared of success?

Or we are just used to having our hopes built up and then crushed that we prefer to hate on a guy so if he does lose we can say "yeah well, i said he was shit anyway"

I think we have become a but cynical at times.

Here, Here!!!

The media is mainly responsible.

In this country they consistently build an individual up, give them huge coverage and encourage us all to fall in love with them, and then more often than not enjoy any misfortune that comes their way and try to destroy them.

Although we appear to encourage success in this country, what we really like is to see those in the public eye fail.

Why?!
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #53
Puksu
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hopefully this match will happen! It would be HUUUUGE step up for Fury, but if he's in top shape he has a pretty good chance of winning this one. I think this would be very even matchup. It's very hard to predict a winner.
Puksu is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #54
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Talks have stalled supposedly..

With the Fury knockdowns, It's all down to him squaring up and closing his eyes. He admits he wasn't even fighting properly. Yet beating undefeated guys, He's a engima and at times can have head screwed on and at other times be all over gaff.

But that being said, the lad's child was very ill if i was his promoter i'd of told him take time out and get head right. It's a lot for a young pro to contend with tbh..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #55
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Exactly, when a lot of stuff was going on with my younger sister being ill and that, it really distracted me from work. Having to train would be a nightmare.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #56
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpuppy View Post
Good fight. Whilst Chagaev is way past his physical prime, is fat and unfit, however he is a very skilled guy and in the last fight, the timing on his punches is still there.
Hang - on ....

Isn't Chagaev around the same age as David Haye and just 2 & a bit years older than David Price??

He's clearly not past his prime.

He may well be out of shape ....

BUT all his quotes regarding the potential Fury match up are about him recognizing he actually needs to come in to the fight in top condition to stand a chance vs Tyson.

Which from someone with his credentials and amateur & professional record is respectful praise for Fury that a lot of boxing fans don't have.
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #57
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsplit View Post
Hang - on ....

Isn't Chagaev around the same age as David Haye and just 2 & a bit years older than David Price??

BUT all his quotes regarding the potential Fury match up are about him recognizing he actually needs to come in to the fight in top condition to stand a chance vs Tyson.

Which from someone with his credentials and amateur & professional record is respectful praise for Fury that a lot of boxing fans don't have.
bang on the money.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #58
madpuppy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsplit View Post
Hang - on ....

You can't really compare ages for boxers though, some decline way earlier than others, you can't argue with that. And if you look at the way Chagaev fought pre illness and fight with Drummond, you can clearly see how much worse his workrate and stamina is now.
madpuppy is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #59
enzo dog

ive heard that his next figh will be either chagaev or adamek, with ireland or northern ireland being the preferred venue. Both would be great fights at this moment for tyson chagaev would obviously be the harder fight that would be 50/50 but could see tyson coming through some hard times to get a late stoppage
enzo dog is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #60
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo dog View Post
ive heard that his next figh will be either chagaev or adamek, with ireland or northern ireland being the preferred venue. Both would be great fights at this moment for tyson chagaev would obviously be the harder fight that would be 50/50 but could see tyson coming through some hard times to get a late stoppage
Adamek is out of the question. He's already taking part in the IBF's mandatory tournament. Fights Walker this weekend and then Ustinov/Pulev. Unless he loses to Walker maybe.
Manning is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum