Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
el nino

vCash: 1000
Default A big up for "Bob Shannon"

If your into or involved in boxing, chances are you will have heard of
"Bob Shannon".
Bob is a trainer whose dedication to boxing is second to none. A man who eats, sleeps and breathes the sport. Whether your a young fighter just starting out or an established pro looking for another level - Bobs your man!

The knowledge and experience this man has gathered in over 20 years of training fighters, money cannot buy. All Bobs fighters are superbly conditioned and fighting fit. Fighters such as Wayne Rigby, Mike Murray, Gary Hibbert, Wayne Pinder, Andy Morris, Prince Aaron, Matthew Hatton, Matty Askin, Denton Vassell have all been or are being put through Bobs special blend of training!
From his grueling circuits and his legendary Sunday morning fell runs, to his instinctive brand of pad-work and floor work. Being trained by Bob or simply being around him is an education!

With Bob you get the full package - trainer, tactician, psychologist, expert with hand wraps and one of the best cut-men in the business.
On a personal level i must say that after getting to know Bob and all that he has gone through in his life there is no one more deserving to get to the very top of the sport. As Bob himself says "he is climbing that mountain and he will reach the top for his son and his father and their memory"!!

"Bob Shannon" - (the last of the mohicans)
el nino is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: A big up for "Bob Shannon"

Good stuff Bob.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by el nino View Post
"Bob Shannon".
Bob is a trainer whose dedication to boxing is second to none. A man who eats, sleeps and breathes the sport. Whether your a young fighter just starting out or an established pro looking for another level - Bobs your man!

The knowledge and experience this man has gathered in over 20 years of training fighters, money cannot buy. All Bobs fighters are superbly conditioned and fighting fit. Fighters such as Wayne Rigby, Mike Murray, Gary Hibbert, Wayne Pinder, Andy Morris, Prince Aaron, Matthew Hatton, Matty Askin, Denton Vassell have all been or are being put through Bobs special blend of training!
From his grueling circuits and his legendary Sunday morning fell runs, to his instinctive brand of pad-work and floor work. Being trained by Bob or simply being around him is an education!

With Bob you get the full package - trainer, tactician, psychologist, expert with hand wraps and one of the best cut-men in the business.
On a personal level i must say that after getting to know Bob and all that he has gone through in his life there is no one more deserving to get to the very top of the sport. As Bob himself says "he is climbing that mountain and he will reach the top for his son and his father and their memory"!!

Is this the same Shannon who ruined Kevin Anderson?
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
donnie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by el nino View Post
"Bob Shannon".

donnie is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 04:03 AM   #5
boxingcrazy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Is this the same Shannon who ruined Kevin Anderson?
To be honest Dunky, Kevin was already on a downwards spiral by then and had fell out with most of the people around him including club mates and sparring partners and long time coach Archie Fleming.

Kevin was never going to have a long career with the amount of punishment he took not only in fights but also in the gym sparring 12-15, 3 minute rounds of open sparring daily from the age of 14 or 15.

Going to Bob Shannon was really the last throw of the dice for Kevin, I know by that time he had started spending more time in the pub around Buckhaven and wasn't really as dedicated as he should have been.

Imo Kevin can look no further than his dad and coaches for how his career turned out, your head can only take so much punishment and their crazy sparring regime and also training regime from such a young age took its toll.
boxingcrazy is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #6
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Really nice fella bob - done a great job with matt hatton and andy Morris back in the day too
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
BigP1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 516

Bob always comes across really well.

Seems like one of the good guys.
BigP1983 is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
archie14

great thread el nino
I have known bob for years and your right great trainer and great man
nuff respect to bob.
Ricky Hatton look no further!!!!
archie14 is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

I must admit that I've never had the pleasure of meeting the chap, and although being a long time boxing fan I'd heard of him I didn't no much about him.

However, I did see quite a bit of him on Sky Sports in the build-up to the Brook Hatton fight and thought he came across very well indeed.

He is clearly a man who lives and breathes the sport, and I particularly liked the fact that he spent about twenty thousand pounds building an extension on his house that contained a big tv and comfy sofas to watch fights and analyse the opponents, now that is cool!
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 05:15 AM   #10
dazzpowder
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Watched him on ringside when Jamie went to train @ his gym, Bob came across @ a top bloke
dazzpowder is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
zulander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I dont know why but when ever i see him in the corner of a fight i alwasy think he looks like a seriosuly hard B******
zulander is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Bob is a gentleman and Dunky bob never ruined Kevin Anderson that lad had far to many fight in quick succession IMO that's what done him not the coaches fault for making fight after fight?
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Bob is a gentleman and Dunky bob never ruined Kevin Anderson that lad had far to many fight in quick succession IMO that's what done him not the coaches fault for making fight after fight?
No mate your wrong on this one, the type of training Anderson was doing down south was all wrong for the kid, he went from a fast combo puncher to a slower single puncher, long drawn out slow runs is not the way to condition that kind of fighter.
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 05:29 AM   #14
FIN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Seems a good guy and a good trainer,strange haircut though..
FIN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum