Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default UFC 152 title challenger Vitor Belfort: 'I'm fighting the best fighter of all time'

Quote:
"Here I am with 35 years old, 17 years into my career, fighting the best fighter of all-time, in the history of the UFC, a guy who's [considered] the best athlete in MMA," he told FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight." "He's the new breed. I have a lot of respect for the guy, but I'm ready to put up a fight and take the competition to a high level."
Seriously is Dana paying these guys to say this crap?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
Peter__1987

vCash:
Default Re: UFC 152 title challenger Vitor Belfort: 'I'm fighting the best fighter of all tim

I didn't know Anderson was fighting again so soon?
Old 08-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC 152 title challenger Vitor Belfort: 'I'm fighting the best fighter of all tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Seriously is Dana paying these guys to say this crap?
You are really asking the question ?

I thought it was obvious !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Peter__1987

vCash:

I Must admit, as much as i like Belfort, this hardly hypes me up for the fight, sounds like he's already preparing to lose.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
I Must admit, as much as i like Belfort, this hardly hypes me up for the fight, sounds like he's already preparing to lose.
I hate this new crappy trend where fighters heap all this self deprecating praise on their opponent. Vitor knows whats up. Jones is a stud. But ATG? GTFO out of here that crap. Are the UFC that desperate to sell a fight that fans really don't care much about? Lets be real Vitor ceased being relevant a long time ago. He had a great come back run just before he came into the UFC but the fat ladys singing now. Dudes been around a minute. He hasn't got a hope in hell of beating Jones. Soon as he tastes a few elbows i expect him to wilt fast.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
I hate this new crappy trend where fighters heap all this self deprecating praise on their opponent. Vitor knows whats up. Jones is a stud. But ATG? GTFO out of here that crap. Are the UFC that desperate to sell a fight that fans really don't care much about? Lets be real Vitor ceased being relevant a long time ago. He had a great come back run just before he came into the UFC but the fat ladys singing now. Dudes been around a minute. He hasn't got a hope in hell of beating Jones. Soon as he tastes a few elbows i expect him to wilt fast.
I agree with you.

Like i say, sounds like he's preparing to lose already.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Belfort telling the truth! Jon Jones is one of the best of all time!!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
When all is said and done he will go down as one of the best! He's basically undefeated and he's already ran through the LHW division... Rarely losing a round!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I hate this kind of sucky shit. There's being respectful, and then there's just kissing ass. This kind of thing doesn't get anyone excited about the fight, including the fighters.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #10
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #11
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Ive tried to refrain from boarding the jones hype train till this point but it does say alot when vitor belfort and anderson silva are shitting their pants at the thought of facing you.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #12
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Have you guys ever heard Vitor trash an opponent? It's not his style and never has been. Genuinely one of the nicest guys in the sport
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2012, 04:19 AM   #13
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Why can't they do it like Randy.

He doesn't say any bad thing but you can sense that he's ready to GnP someone.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I seen that interview on UFC insider or whatever last night. Not one mention of Belfort saying he was going to win, or anything. Talking about how he's going to put on a good performance, he's always in shape, etc. I don't think he necessarily seemed scared of Jones, but he's more than prepared to lose.
Maybe something crazy will happen, but it won't... With Belfort's attitude I'd rather see Sonnen at this point and he has no chance as well.
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
Ive tried to refrain from boarding the jones hype train till this point but it does say alot when vitor belfort and anderson silva are shitting their pants at the thought of facing you.
Anderson Silva shitting his pants......

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum