Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default need more proof pacific island fighters can domminate as heavyweight champs?

all that is needed is talent scouts.

look at this article.
Quote:
The latest figures from the NRL show that 35 per cent of NRL players are of Polynesian background.
In the elite national under-20s competition, the number of players with Pacific Islander and Maori heritage increases to more than 45 per cent.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
theres some heavyweight talent if some promotor was prepared to spend some time round the islands...
swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: need more proof pacific island fighters can domminate as heavyweight champs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavebeavealone View Post
This has **** all to do with talent, but more to do with the size of the Islanders in general.

Why ain't they playing AFL, Cricket, Baseball, Swimming, Golf, Athletics etc etc.

I'll tell you why.... because most of those sports rely of skill and not size

Both Rugby codes require size and strength as their no 1 priority.

Boxing requires a damn lot of skill, so when the Islanders get to a certain level and they size no longer dominant opponents, it's a different ball game.
george foreman was a robot.

joe frazier had one hand, one punch, a left hook.

i believe islanders can aquire these skills.....
swingin is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict

vCash: 367
Default Re: need more proof pacific island fighters can domminate as heavyweight champs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post

lol. 1 handed robot skills?
whopperdong is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

you are ****ing delusional, why dont you move there and do something about it instead of starting these shit threads up trying to get us all to suck off the islander boys. Great boxers come out of all ethnicities and it has more to do with passion, skill and determination moreso than simply size. You are severely under estimating foreman and joe frazier as well
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
all that is needed is talent scouts.

look at this article.
theres some heavyweight talent if some promotor was prepared to spend some time round the islands...
Hey Sally, where's the wife? Hope she isn't tucked up in the sack with a nice hot coco..... drink .
kel is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 AM   #6
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

They don't have the mentality. Their just big lumps of blokes like Alex Leapai.

Last edited by Francis75; 08-31-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
you are ****ing delusional, why dont you move there and do something about it instead of starting these shit threads up trying to get us all to suck off the islander boys. Great boxers come out of all ethnicities and it has more to do with passion, skill and determination moreso than simply size. You are severely under estimating foreman and joe frazier as well
x2
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #8
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

I believe that if you took a few interchanges out of League you'd soon see a heap of islanders dropping off the scene, they'd have to be a lot fitter to be able to play more minutes

And there lies the problem , they arent considered very good when it comes to endurance, even Israel Folau now playing AFL conceded that Islanders are more suited to short, sharp powerful sports, which is all well & good if they get a knockout in the first couple of rounds
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 01:22 AM   #9
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1300

Quote:
need more "proof" pacific island fighters can domminate as heavyweight champs?
Yeh by "winning" belts hahaha
globeman is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 03:10 AM   #10
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

doubters.

SBW, an example of the athletic stye of athlete that could win a world title. david tua, proven power to win a world title.

the speed, power and size of these athletes has transformed RL in 10 short years. from a handfull of players to OVER 45% of the under 20 elite NRL squads.

we are talking about fast, over 6 foot, over 100kg elite athletes with agility, and agression. if you blokes cant see potential in that, then you are all brain dead.

k hunt, has proven he can do 90 MINUTES of AFL at a fast pace. sure he gets a rub down on his hams sometimes, but theyare trying to remove the weight building power that league trained into him. they are trying to slim him down. he had trouble with cramp to start with. it was never a cardio problem.

hunt is now a stand alone AFL player. a fact i told him last weekend at the redland bombers vs suns reserves at victoria point on saturday. my son met him, and he signed a broncos ball for him in the process.

lovely bloke, and a credit to both codes.

all that is needed with 1 big raw talent that is interested in boxing, rather than playing rugby.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 04:40 AM   #11
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Sally islander boys
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #12
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
doubters.

SBW, an example of the athletic stye of athlete that could win a world title. david tua, proven power to win a world title.

the speed, power and size of these athletes has transformed RL in 10 short years. from a handfull of players to OVER 45% of the under 20 elite NRL squads.

we are talking about fast, over 6 foot, over 100kg elite athletes with agility, and agression. if you blokes cant see potential in that, then you are all brain dead.

k hunt, has proven he can do 90 MINUTES of AFL at a fast pace. sure he gets a rub down on his hams sometimes, but theyare trying to remove the weight building power that league trained into him. they are trying to slim him down. he had trouble with cramp to start with. it was never a cardio problem.

hunt is now a stand alone AFL player. a fact i told him last weekend at the redland bombers vs suns reserves at victoria point on saturday. my son met him, and he signed a broncos ball for him in the process.

lovely bloke, and a credit to both codes.

all that is needed with 1 big raw talent that is interested in boxing, rather than playing rugby.

I've seen SBW in person, I fitted the cunt for a suit he's barely over 6'2"

Put him in with Wlad or Vitali, price, fury, wilder, helenuius etc he'd look like a ****ing midget

he also couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag and has no boxing skill. none. I also strongly suspect his chin is made out of the finest China that the pacific islands has to offer.

He's an "athlete" but I don't think any amount of training would ever make him heavyweight champ
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #13
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post

I've seen SBW in person, I fitted the cunt for a suit he's barely over 6'2"

Put him in with Wlad or Vitali, price, fury, wilder, helenuius etc he'd look like a ****ing midget

he also couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag and has no boxing skill. none. I also strongly suspect his chin is made out of the finest China that the pacific islands has to offer.

He's an "athlete" but I don't think any amount of training would ever make him heavyweight champ

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
Indeed.

I even held the masses of excess material behind his back as he looked in the mirror "fits like a glove sir"

Nah, by "fitted him" it was more like throwing sizes over the changing room door at him until one fit.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
Looks like Whopperdong more so than SBW
old man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum