Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-31-2012, 07:33 PM   #16
boxing_source
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Has Olusegun got a chance against Matthysse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtime09 View Post
Maidaina vs mathysse
I think Matthyse beats him easy.
boxing_source is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #17
WhamBam
Keeping Cool
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

matthyse's a machine he'll have anyones arse at 140
WhamBam is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 02:30 AM   #18
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Matthyse is a fine fighter. Very good and excellent fighter with no obvious flaws in his game but he does have flaws. In my opinion I consider Matthyse an undefeated fighter because it is more than arguable he did not really lose the fighters to south paws Alexander and Judah though he did exhibit some of his flaws in this fight. I understand why people think Matthyse is the favourite here and can appreciate the thinking. The key to this fight is not Matthyse rather it is Ajose Olusegun. You have 2 pretty complete fighters here however Matthyse is a pressure fighter puncher who the fight will show is made to order for Ajose. Ajose has even better skills than Matthyse and is an underrated puncher and Matthyse and his team as rugged as Matthyse is will discover Ajose Olusegun is also the stronger man. Ajose has always maintained that to be the best you have to fight and beat the best. Both guys will bring their A-game of that I am certain and Ajose will win. People need to realise that Ajose did not have to take this fight for the WBC interim title but so confident is he that he jumped at the opportunity as did Matthyse. Very refreshing attitude from both guys.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #19
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Great news. With the injury to Randall Bailey and his fight with Alexander being rescheduled to October Ajose Olusegun vs Lucas Matthyse is now upgraded to the main event in Las Vegas. What a great opportunity for Ajose Olusegun. This fight reminds me of Ike Quartey vs Crisantos Espana many years ago. I am going for Africa and the UK over South America.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:38 AM   #20
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

War Ajose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Great news. With the injury to Randall Bailey and his fight with Alexander being rescheduled to October Ajose Olusegun vs Lucas Matthyse is now upgraded to the main event in Las Vegas. What a great opportunity for Ajose Olusegun. This fight reminds me of Ike Quartey vs Crisantos Espana many years ago. I am going for Africa and the UK over South America.
That was a great fight, if Olusegun vs Matthyse is half as good we will be in for treat.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #21
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Tough fight for Ajose, I think he will have his own success throughout but will get stopped late on in the fight, Mattyse TKO10.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 03:57 AM   #22
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
War Ajose

That was a great fight, if Olusegun vs Matthyse is half as good we will be in for treat.
It certainly was and I have no doubt that This will be an equally great fight.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:00 AM   #23
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Tough fight for Ajose, I think he will have his own success throughout but will get stopped late on in the fight, Mattyse TKO10.
Matthyse is a great fighter but there is nothing to indicate that Ajose will get stopped. This is a great opportunity to display how good Ajose. Matthyse ,ay not be aware of it but he is about to step in with the best fighter he has ever faced. Mind you so is Ajose the difference may well be that Ajose is aware of this and Matthyse is not.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:01 AM   #24
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Let's not go overboard on the Soto win (Matthysse was huge compared to him) and not forget that the Zab fight was pretty close.

Matthysse for me but Ajose was an Olympian, is confident, undefeated and pretty damn good. He might be able to outwork the Argie if he can withstand his power. Problem is his inactivity and total lack of seasoning at the top level.

Good fight I'll take Lucas on points.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #25
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I personally think that style wise it's a great matchup for Ajose whereas it's not as great for Matthyse who will have to come at Ajose. Power is not the antidote for Ajose Olusegun. I think sometimes that people forget that Ajose Olusegun had over 200 amateur bouts fought in plenty of tournaments and won gold medals. I believe he has the tools to defuse an excellent fighter in Matthyse. I have believed for the last6 years that Ajose can defeat anyone at 140 pounds and I expect him to prove it next week Saturday.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:27 AM   #26
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Matthyse is a great fighter but there is nothing to indicate that Ajose will get stopped. This is a great opportunity to display how good Ajose. Matthyse ,ay not be aware of it but he is about to step in with the best fighter he has ever faced. Mind you so is Ajose the difference may well be that Ajose is aware of this and Matthyse is not.
I'm rooting for Ajose, he is definitely capable of winning, he needs to show a high level of concentration though, Matthyse carries a lot of power.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #27
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBam View Post
matthyse's a machine he'll have anyones arse at 140
With the exception of Ajose this is correct.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:31 AM   #28
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcairns1 View Post
Sure he is 30 - 0 but he hasn't fought anyone who's on the level of Matthysse, plus he's coming off a year lay-off, Matthysse is coming off a big win of Humberto Soto and in my opinion he beat both Zab Judah and Devon Alexander and is one of the hardest punchers pound for pound in boxing today, not to mention he has a granite chin.

Olusegun to get beat inside 6 rounds in an entertaining all action fight.
It's good Matthyse has a granite chin as he is going to need it against Ajose Olusegun in my opinion. By this I mean Ajose will get tonhim.

Last edited by Olu G. Rotimi; 09-01-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #29
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Really looking forward to this fight, completely forgot about it. Matthysse is the fighter I hoped maidana would turn out to be
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #30
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
Really looking forward to this fight, completely forgot about it. Matthysse is the fighter I hoped maidana would turn out to be
A point of interest is that Maidana and Matthyse fought 4 times as amateurs in Argentina with Maidana winning 3 times the other fight being a draw. I am a big believer in that you attack a guys strong points and turn them into a weakness during the contest. Don't want to say to much but believe Ajose Olusegun was born for this stage.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum