Old 08-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 350
Default Harrison Vs Price

Evening all

Anyone else going to this?

If so what you think its going to be like?

I know its not a major fight, but a good "next level" fight for Price, who will no doubt dominate Harrison.

Did not want to spend alot on the fight as looking to go to Froch fight too.

be my first live fight again since Vegas back in May!

Got floor seating tickets just purchased them. would of gone for 90 tix however all sold out.

What is the view like in the arena? is it good all round?

never been to the echo.

cheers

G
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

vCash: 544
Default Re: Harrison Vs Price

Great that you have tickets. It's an excellent card, topped off by seeing Matt Skelton's charge towards dethroning Vitali.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm View Post
Great that you have tickets. It's an excellent card, topped off by seeing Matt Skelton's charge towards dethroning Vitali.
haha yeah just seen other thread in general going to be a good night!

whats the arena like you know?

G
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
Liverpool82

vCash: 500

[quote=BoxerGaz;13691467]haha yeah just seen other thread in general going to be a good night!

whats the arena like you know?
It's good mate ! Set up in a sort of horse shoe lay out for boxing events. I've always sat lower tier - always been good !!
Liverpool82 is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

I still need to get my tickets...

How quickly is it filling out, is there a lot of seats left?
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I'm going to it and fully expect the main event to be dog shit. The Echo is a great place to watch boxing though and Liverpool is a great night out before/ afterwards.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
suitsyou

Fraudley Harrison killed pay per view boxing. I would not even pay to see him get beaten again nor I would not attend/watch if it was free.
suitsyou is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I'm going to it and fully expect the main event to be dog shit. The Echo is a great place to watch boxing though and Liverpool is a great night out before/ afterwards.
this

liverpool is a fantastic city
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #9
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I would prefer it if Audley Harrison was just deadly silent during this fight built up, like the way Hopkins was during the build up to the Chad Dawson fight. Chad Dawson and his camp, where confused, they truly believed that there was a chance Hopkins was not going to turn up and fight. I think that was one of the greatest fight build ups i have ever experienced, the speculation and the silence was frightening to a degree. Hopkins is the type of guy, where it's not just Hopkins you are facing..? Its the streets and it is also this invisible force of fear/tension in-which Hopkins is a master of evoking in people.

I believe this will be Audley Harrison's last fight weather he wins or loses. It would just be proper funny, if he appears in Liverpool in a Michael Myers mask. And refuses to speak to the press, during the last press conference.

I would also like to see all of Audley Harrison's camp wearing Michael Myers masks, and refusing to speak.

At first this would get allot of laughs, but that is a natural human reaction. Its the moments hours days, after these reactions have stopped.............that's where the psychological damage is done.

If i was a boxer, i would convince everybody that i was a complete and utter psycho, if i really wanted to intimidate a opponent

Saying that though, i believe Harrison knows this is his last fight. He has spent 20 years making his fans, people within boxing, and people around him believe..? The question is on October 13th.

Does Audley Harrison believe still..?

Last edited by Primadonna Kool; 09-01-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
chieftainduke
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm View Post
War Skelton. He beat my favourite boxer in Tom Dallas so more luck to him.
chieftainduke is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #11
chieftainduke
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
I would prefer it if Audley Harrison was just deadly silent during this fight built up, like the way Hopkins was during the build up to the Chad Dawson fight. Chad Dawson and his camp, where confused, they truly believed that there was a chance Hopkins was not going to turn up and fight. I think that was one of the greatest fight build ups i have ever experienced, the speculation and the silence was frightening to a degree. Hopkins is the type of guy, where it's not just Hopkins you are facing..? Its the streets and it is also this invisible force of fear/tension in-which Hopkins is a master of evoking in people.

I believe this will be Audley Harrison's last fight weather he wins or loses. I would just be proper funny, if he appears in Liverpool in a Michael Myers mask. And refuses to speak to the press, during the last press conference.

I would also like to see all of Audley Harrison's camp wearing Michael Myers masks, and refusing to speak.

At first this would get allot of laughs, but that is a natural human reaction. Its the moments hours days, after this reactions have stopped.............that's where the psychological damage is done.

If i was a boxer, i would convince everybody that i was a complete and utter psycho, if i really wanted to intimidate a opponent

Saying that though, i believe Harrison knows this is his last fight. He has spent 20 years making his fans, people within boxing, and people around him believe..? The question is on October 13th.

You would need the history to back it up. Hopkins obviously has it whereas Harrison does not.

You're right, it would get a lot of laughs and that would be it. Hopkins has the persona to be scary if he's quiet as he has the history, reputation and career to back it up.

One of the reasons Hopkins has this is because he's been the underdog many times only to prove the bookies and most of the punters wrong. When has Harrison done this? I'm guessing against Sprott he may have been a slight underdog.
chieftainduke is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 02:56 AM   #12
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

If i could go to this fight, I would.

We all give Audley shit, and it's probably well deserved, but the guy has become a bit of an institution for all the wrong reasons, and this is likely to be his last fight.

Price could be the future of the division, and the leader of the new wave of British Boxers.

Should be a fun night too, the scousers are very welcoming if you let them know you are there to cheer on "their" guy.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #13
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post

I believe this will be Audley Harrison's last fight weather he wins or loses. I would just be proper funny, if he appears in Liverpool in a Michael Myers mask. And refuses to speak to the press, during the last press conference.

At first this would get allot of laughs, but that is a natural human reaction. Its the moments hours days, after this reactions have stopped.............that's where the psychological damage is done.

you are proper mental, PK
Old 09-01-2012, 06:33 AM   #14
Bronxbull666
The Beast From The East
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

The first and last time I went to Liverpool to watch boxing, I was about 8 and it was a small hall affair. Being part Gypsy, my Dad and I and some Gypsy friends went to watch this young kid make his debut I think, but anyway; when we all parked up, these scouse kids came over asking if the drivers including my Dad wanted to pay to have our cars looked after, my Dad gave one kid a fiver and so did a few others, but my Dad's friend told the kids,"I am not paying a ****ing penny, if any ****er ****s with my car I'll shoot the ****er." Long story short; we came out to the car park and those who had paid had the kid stood next to the car, those that didn't, got their cars smashed up.

As an 8 year old, it was the coolest thing I ever witnessed and those 11-12 year olds were bold as brass. Good old Liverpool!
Bronxbull666 is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #15
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxbull666 View Post
The first and last time I went to Liverpool to watch boxing, I was about 8 and it was a small hall affair. Being part Gypsy, my Dad and I and some Gypsy friends went to watch this young kid make his debut I think, but anyway; when we all parked up, these scouse kids came over asking if the drivers including my Dad wanted to pay to have our cars looked after, my Dad gave one kid a fiver and so did a few others, but my Dad's friend told the kids,"I am not paying a ****ing penny, if any ****er ****s with my car I'll shoot the ****er." Long story short; we came out to the car park and those who had paid had the kid stood next to the car, those that didn't, got their cars smashed up.

As an 8 year old, it was the coolest thing I ever witnessed and those 11-12 year olds were bold as brass. Good old Liverpool!
yeah, lovely.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum