Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 09-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Sergio(e)
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Unhappy Watched MMA For The First Time -- You've Got To Be F_ing Kidding Me!!!

Horrible and no fun to watch - dudes end up on the floor too much. It's brutal though, probably because of the tampon gloves. Too many ways to win. In boxing, you perfect one craft. **** MMA. MMA can't really be more popular than boxing? I watched the Rousy-Kaufman card. Rousy is ugly, don't know why the networks and magazines are so enthralled.
Sergio(e) is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
bazza12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 562
Default Re: Watched MMA For The First Time -- You've Got To Be F_ing Kidding Me!!!

I've tried watching it and I just can't get into it. Boxing is the only one for me. Not too say I don't respect those who master their craft whatever that discipline may be.
bazza12 is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174
Default Re: Watched MMA For The First Time -- You've Got To Be F_ing Kidding Me!!!

its for faggots and maricons
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i used to be a much bigger fan but have lost my likings for it over the years
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

its just 'athletes' who wear affliction shirts..
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Learn MMA if you want to be a well rounded fighter. Boxing is a part of MMA.

certain fighters are cool to watch. Others, eh...but you get that in boxing too. I know a lot of people that can't stand to watch boxing because they think it is boring. I have to tell them who is exciting or they won't bother to watch.

I like this guy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpKfUviYSjU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbSbeR0PsH4[/ame]
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

I was a fan of Fedor an Bones jones. I'm not a mma fan but I respect it
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

You boxers don't want none of THIS:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXNroQ1-dWs[/ame]
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #9
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
You boxers don't want none of THIS:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Funny.

How many fans think they could compete with Pro fighters, be it Boxing and/or MMA... I wonder...

Some of those guys aren't just hard-working technically sound athletes..but truly genetic freaks
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

lame fad
Forza is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio(e) View Post
Horrible and no fun to watch - dudes end up on the floor too much. It's brutal though, probably because of the tampon gloves. Too many ways to win. In boxing, you perfect one craft. **** MMA. MMA can't really be more popular than boxing? I watched the Rousy-Kaufman card. Rousy is ugly, don't know why the networks and magazines are so enthralled.
Boxing is my "j"......but to be honest....do you know how many boring fights the sweet science produces every year?

For you to watch MMA one time and formulate your final opinion is doing yourself a disservice. There are boring fights in MMA....just like there are in boxing....however....I've seen some incredible fights in MMA....and some really high level stuff both in strikes as well as grappling.

Don't be shallow in your assessment of a sport without giving it a real chance when it has so many of the same qualities boxing has.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
Saber120

vCash: 1000

Yep. Heaps of crap fight in MMA and Boxing. Gotta watch the good ones.
Saber120 is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
Funny.

How many fans think they could compete with Pro fighters, be it Boxing and/or MMA... I wonder...

Some of those guys aren't just hard-working technically sound athletes..but truly genetic freaks
Seriously, this is true. Rousey is a Olympic Silver medalist in one of the most stacked sports in the world. Judo is huge in many countries, moreso than boxing.

Overeem was a K-1 champion. Anderson Silva is the Roy Jones of MMA. Jon Jones will be the next Anderson Silva.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
Seriously, this is true. Rousey is a Olympic Silver medalist in one of the most stacked sports in the world. Judo is huge in many countries, moreso than boxing.

Overeem was a K-1 champion. Anderson Silva is the Roy Jones of MMA. Jon Jones will be the next Anderson Silva.
And don't forget the loads of Top Level Wrestlers who are either Olympic level or Elite College level...and those guys are freakish athletes not only physically, but extremely mentally tough.

The Grappling part I can understand why there isn't so much excitement for since I think it is one of those things you may have to simulate yourself into and learn to appreciate it...much like Jiu-Jitsu.

Striking is much cleaner and easier to understand to the casual viewer despite it's hard ability to master which we see even the great athletes in MMA have a hard time picking it up to the degree boxing fans are used to. I guess it is like trying to learn how to be a Pro Pitcher. You want to throw like a man but since you have not thrown all through the growth stages and are trying to pick it up as an adult, you are more like a Girl (and that's not to offend the many women that can throw great strikes...just saying).

Jon Jones is one of those rare talents.
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #15
poloaa009

this is really cool, I like here!
poloaa009 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum