Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 09-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #16
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448
Default Re: Watched MMA For The First Time -- You've Got To Be F_ing Kidding Me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
And don't forget the loads of Top Level Wrestlers who are either Olympic level or Elite College level...and those guys are freakish athletes not only physically, but extremely mentally tough.

The Grappling part I can understand why there isn't so much excitement for since I think it is one of those things you may have to simulate yourself into and learn to appreciate it...much like Jiu-Jitsu.

Striking is much cleaner and easier to understand to the casual viewer despite it's hard ability to master which we see even the great athletes in MMA have a hard time picking it up to the degree boxing fans are used to. I guess it is like trying to learn how to be a Pro Pitcher. You want to throw like a man but since you have not thrown all through the growth stages and are trying to pick it up as an adult, you are more like a Girl (and that's not to offend the many women that can throw great strikes...just saying).
As a blue belt for several years, I don't really want to see too much grappling in a FIGHT. If I have to watch grappling, I'd much rather watch freestyle wrestling, where there are calls against stalling.

MMA fighters know how to throw with power in most cases. What they lack is the real art of boxing, which is how to avoid getting hit back. Like the old saying, any fool can fight, not many can box.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #17
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Watched MMA For The First Time -- You've Got To Be F_ing Kidding Me!!!

Smell like a case of **** off Johnstown !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 04:21 AM   #18
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
As a blue belt for several years, I don't really want to see too much grappling in a FIGHT. If I have to watch grappling, I'd much rather watch freestyle wrestling, where there are calls against stalling.

MMA fighters know how to throw with power in most cases. What they lack is the real art of boxing, which is how to avoid getting hit back. Like the old saying, any fool can fight, not many can box.
Agree: Striking is better to watch. It's more exciting overall to not only the casual viewer, but the Pro as well (from what I gather from interviews).

KO > Submission to the viewer.

But either win by KO or Submission I would think is satisfying to the Athlete because either way, when the opponent is out, either by Strike KO or a Choke...the opponent is basically telling you "I'm dead" if this was a real life situation.

In addition, I would like to think Fans at least try to put themselves in the losers situation and how it must feel to lose...to have your life submitted to the Victor in front of a crowd, both in the arena and to the television audience.
And just imagine that if that Pro can do that to another Pro, what do you think would happen to you
__
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #19
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio(e) View Post
Horrible and no fun to watch - dudes end up on the floor too much. It's brutal though, probably because of the tampon gloves. Too many ways to win. In boxing, you perfect one craft. **** MMA. MMA can't really be more popular than boxing? I watched the Rousy-Kaufman card. Rousy is ugly, don't know why the networks and magazines are so enthralled.
Boxing is my first love above all other sports, but MMA is amazing as well. So, so skilled. And Rousey is ***y as hell. I think you're talking dogshit, personally.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #20
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Opinions are like arseholes and all that...
Primate is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #21
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post

I love grappling in MMA. I hate stalling. Bring back the yellow cards for stalling. Anyway, this thread seems to be a bit of attention seeking. You watched one card or fight and formed an entire opinion of the sport based on it? Really? So one is to either assume that you are an ignorant person when it comes to combat sports, or that you are simply trolling MMA fans for whatever reason.
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #22
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwasthegreatest View Post
I love grappling in MMA. I hate stalling. Bring back the yellow cards for stalling. Anyway, this thread seems to be a bit of attention seeking. You watched one card or fight and formed an entire opinion of the sport based on it? Really? So one is to either assume that you are an ignorant person when it comes to combat sports, or that you are simply trolling MMA fans for whatever reason.
Exactly, If my first boxing fight i seen was a John Ruiz fight then I wouldn't care much for boxing either. one prob i have noticed getting worse in mma is the clinch fests against the fence. Nothing usually happens except time wasting yet it's getting worse.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #23
nvs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 400

The Octagon allows running tactics because its much harder to cut your opponent off. That blows.
nvs is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #24
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio(e) View Post
Horrible and no fun to watch - dudes end up on the floor too much. It's brutal though, probably because of the tampon gloves. Too many ways to win. In boxing, you perfect one craft. **** MMA. MMA can't really be more popular than boxing? I watched the Rousy-Kaufman card. Rousy is ugly, don't know why the networks and magazines are so enthralled.
I like both sports. But MMA isn't for everyone. Now you've decided you don't like it, don't watch it, and head back to the boxing forum
Old 09-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #25
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
I like both sports. But MMA isn't for everyone. Now you've decided you don't like it, don't watch it, and head back to the boxing forum

I couldn't have said it better.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #26
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I do agree that Rousey is so far away from attractive it's unreal. I can understand her getting hyped over her ability but half-naked shoots? That's gross and as there's no demand for many other chubby, ugly chicks to show their body off Rousey should be no different.

And yes, she is fat when she's not photoshopped, her cranium is the size of a Fiat Punto also.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #27
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
And yes, she is fat when she's not photoshopped.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pQcn2L65J0[/ame]

No one who has ever walked the face of this earth could call Rousey fat with a straight face. Don't be an idiot.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #28
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Quote:
And yes, she is fat when she's not photoshopped, her cranium is the size of a Fiat Punto also.
She's an athlete in a very demanding sport, and an olympic medalist. She would whoop your ass in a fight. You're gay.

That is all.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #29
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
I do agree that Rousey is so far away from attractive it's unreal. I can understand her getting hyped over her ability but half-naked shoots? That's gross and as there's no demand for many other chubby, ugly chicks to show their body off Rousey should be no different.

Do they photoshop her fights? Because she definitely isn't fat. If anything she is too muscular. Unless you have an incredibly warped definition of fat, which is entirely possible.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #30
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

It doesn't really have anything to do with the sport of mma but Ronda is a little bit chubby when she's not fighting but as most ahtletes she loses weight during her training camps, on fight night she is far from fat
PivotPunch is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum