Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 09-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #31
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict

Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
vCash: 397
Default Re: should geale cash in on a big local fight with mundine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
He was in todays local paper, in some ways you cant blame the media for poor managment, i recall when KT won a title they had camera crews waiting at the airport on his arrival and he was an immigrant, not even born in Australia. The Key was he had GREAT managment, im afraid Geale does not.
They better lift their game.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #32
Bognashavin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Mundine does not deserve the chance. I'd rather watch Geale lose to Martinez than win against Mundine.
Bognashavin is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #33
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
u got to be kidding right? 75% for what? Mundine is the draw card, geale just has the titles, titles dont make you money, thats been proven many many times, its the pulling power that makes the money. Fact is Geale dont put bums in seats and sell PPV the same way Mundine does.
anthony NEEDS geale.

geale DOESN'T need anthony. yes it would be a good payday, but geale can make big money o'seas now.

the point being, how much does mundine want it.

he will never get another chance remotely close to winning a world title.

geale has ALL the power now imo.

anthony has no other big payday. him vs green is the only chance, but that ain't gunna happen.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #34
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Geale isnt making money from the titles, Soliman isnt going to give him a big payday and they arent chasing fights in the USA like they should be, Geale actually needs Mundine and has since he got defeated by him. Mundine doesnt fight for titles, its a bussiness to Mundine, always has been and always will be, its why he makes so much money and guys like Geale make very little.

If Geale wants greener pastures he has to take the winner of Chavez/Martinez , this talk about moving down weight is rubish, its taken him this long and he is just going to throw two belts in the bin? that alone tells me his managment know not what they are doing. His managment should be talking up a fight in the states to unify the titles but instead they are happy to feed Geale Soliman which is scraps compared to Mundine and talk of GGG, omfg lol, if GGG hits Geale with the same shots he got caught with against Sturm then Geale is going to get KTFO.

Dont get me wrong either , im a fan of Geale but not a fan of his managment, he is in a prime position to unify the titles and his managment are pissing it up against a brick wall.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #35
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Geale isnt making money from the titles, Soliman isnt going to give him a big payday and they arent chasing fights in the USA like they should be, Geale actually needs Mundine and has since he got defeated by him. Mundine doesnt fight for titles, its a bussiness to Mundine, always has been and always will be, its why he makes so much money and guys like Geale make very little.

If Geale wants greener pastures he has to take the winner of Chavez/Martinez , this talk about moving down weight is rubish, its taken him this long and he is just going to throw two belts in the bin? that alone tells me his managment know not what they are doing. His managment should be talking up a fight in the states to unify the titles but instead they are happy to feed Geale Soliman which is scraps compared to Mundine and talk of GGG, omfg lol, if GGG hits Geale with the same shots he got caught with against Sturm then Geale is going to get KTFO.

Dont get me wrong either , im a fan of Geale but not a fan of his managment, he is in a prime position to unify the titles and his managment are pissing it up against a brick wall.
mundine wants a big scalp now, or a chance to get a proper belt. that is his priority now. he knows he has blown his chance and is desperate to get an easy path to it.

thats why he didn't fight trout. he knew he'd likely lose, but wouldn't get the payday needed to compensate for it.

as for geale, ffs it's only been a few hours since he's won. its a little early to go bashing his management for their plans. they r just throwing names etc. out there and seeing what happens.

saying geale should go and fight the winner of chavez and martinez is great, but i have big doubts that the winner would even take that risk so soon anyway. they would likely want to get a few good paydays fighting 5th or 6th ranked guuys anyway for all we know.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #36
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

I agree with the media exposure in Australia, has been average to say the least.

In terms of cashing in on a fight with Mundine, I doubt he will cash in more than Mundine will cash in on the fight.

When you work out the economics of a fight between Mundine and Geale, Mundine will hold the power.

Daniel Geale has Mundine covered in the credibility stakes by virtue of his victories against recent opposition and world titles, but that doesn't necessarily translate into dollars at the negotiating table.

Personally, I don't think Mundine is concerned with a fight with Geale. I believe he should be doing his best to secure a big name fight in the States, to re-establish his credibility in his mission to win a world title at 154 pounds.

If Mundine angles for a fight with Geale, it will come across a bit desperate as he has already defeated him, whereas if Geale angles for a fight with Mundine, he can get the opportunity to avenge his defeat and offer the incentive of the WBA and IBF titles to Mundine.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #37
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
I agree with the media exposure in Australia, has been average to say the least.

In terms of cashing in on a fight with Mundine, I doubt he will cash in more than Mundine will cash in on the fight.

When you work out the economics of a fight between Mundine and Geale, Mundine will hold the power.

Daniel Geale has Mundine covered in the credibility stakes by virtue of his victories against recent opposition and world titles, but that doesn't necessarily translate into dollars at the negotiating table.

Personally, I don't think Mundine is concerned with a fight with Geale. I believe he should be doing his best to secure a big name fight in the States, to re-establish his credibility in his mission to win a world title at 154 pounds.

If Mundine angles for a fight with Geale, it will come across a bit desperate as he has already defeated him, whereas if Geale angles for a fight with Mundine, he can get the opportunity to avenge his defeat and offer the incentive of the WBA and IBF titles to Mundine.
c'mon, seriously.

how on earth is he gunna win a world title at 154?

mundines drawcard ability in oz has dwindled terribly and as such have his chances of fighting a big name.

geale can earn big money o'seas now, anthony cannot.

anthony's only big payday in oz is geale. so geale has all the power imo.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #38
like a boss
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post

Anyone who thinks Geale now a dual world title holder would settle for less than half the money against Mundine is kidding themselves.
like a boss is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #39
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
c'mon, seriously.

mundines drawcard ability in oz has dwindled terribly and as such have his chances of fighting a big name.

Well the reason I said that, was that he has basically stated for the past 2 years he wants to win a title at 154 pounds, he didn't take up the fight with Trout, so basically if he doesn't fight for a 154 pound title, the campaign would seem a pointless exercise.

As for his drawcard ability, yes, it isn't the same as what it was a few years ago, but I reckon his Garth Wood rematch would have drawn more PPV buys than Geale's two fights with Sylvester and Sturm combined.

So I still believe Mundine is the biggest name in boxing when it comes to dollars, with Green a close second in terms of PPV.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #40
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

aloy of peple say no... and i can see the reason y, but there there are reasons y this fight could be good for oz, mundine is more a middleweight and with his big mouth and his the win he holds over geale he will eat it up in the media, it would be like green V mundine 1 all ova again, biggest payday of geales career to date thats for sure, thats y he it must be considered, other than mundine dont deserse shit....geale just using mundine name to earn some coin like mundine has done so many times only this time he's the cab driver
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #41
Mr Hands

Quote:
c'mon, seriously.

Yeah Mundine doesnt have the same drawing power that he did years ago. I'm sure the fight would be the biggest fight Mundine has had in years but unless he made it a great deal for Geale why would he bother with it? And Mundine is so delusional he'd never make it worthwhile for him so it will never happen. And even if Mundine decided to swallow his pride and make a deal Geale couldn't refuse Mundines profile won't help Geales appeal in the US which is where he should be looking. I hope it doesn't happen and I doubt it will.
Mr Hands is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #42
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
anthony NEEDS geale.

geale DOESN'T need anthony. yes it would be a good payday, but geale can make big money o'seas now.

the point being, how much does mundine want it.

he will never get another chance remotely close to winning a world title.

geale has ALL the power now imo.

anthony has no other big payday. him vs green is the only chance, but that ain't gunna happen.
Tend to agree.
Quote:
mundine wants a big scalp now, or a chance to get a proper belt. that is his priority now. he knows he has blown his chance and is desperate to get an easy path to it.

thats why he didn't fight trout. he knew he'd likely lose, but wouldn't get the payday needed to compensate for it.

as for geale, ffs it's only been a few hours since he's won. its a little early to go bashing his management for their plans. they r just throwing names etc. out there and seeing what happens.

saying geale should go and fight the winner of chavez and martinez is great, but i have big doubts that the winner would even take that risk so soon anyway. they would likely want to get a few good paydays fighting 5th or 6th ranked guuys anyway for all we know.
Tend to agree.
Quote:
c'mon, seriously.

Tend to agree.

You're on a roll Buster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hands View Post
Yeah Mundine doesnt have the same drawing power that he did years ago. I'm sure the fight would be the biggest fight Mundine has had in years but unless he made it a great deal for Geale why would he bother with it? And Mundine is so delusional he'd never make it worthwhile for him so it will never happen. And even if Mundine decided to swallow his pride and make a deal Geale couldn't refuse Mundines profile won't help Geales appeal in the US which is where he should be looking. I hope it doesn't happen and I doubt it will.
Tend to agree with this too.

Plus, it's so poetic.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #43
like a boss
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It is all about belts and legacy for Geale and he'll leave his management to look after the money side of things
like a boss is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #44
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #45
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

geale certainly isnt talking money. he isnt avoiding anyone, so that earns my respect.

but in the end, a boxers 'career peak' is short, and he should milk it for all he can. mundine would make him millions, and he'd get some good rounds in against a faded fighter. easy money for geale.

it may be the dog in mundog that prevents it happening...
swingin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum